Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Wizards RnD are Lost Fans....

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Non-Magic
walkergann

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 9:59 am    Post subject: Wizards RnD are Lost Fans.... Reply with quote

Just in case no one else has caught this i think my fellow Lost fans would appreciate this. There is a new card in Eventide that expresses either RnD's love of Lost on ABC, or is a paid cameo from ABC.

Springjack Shepherd - 3W
Creature - Kithkin Wizard (Uncommon)
Chroma - When Springjack Shepherd comes into play, put a 0/1 white Goat creature into play for each white mana symbol in the mana costs of permanents you control.
"Live together, die alone."

You see it???

Ok if you didn't, I will point it out. Remove Spring from the name and it leaves Jack shepherd. The flavor text should be obvious as its a quote that the character made in the series on countless occasions about how they are to survive on the island.

Now the spoilers out are unofficial and incomplete. i was reading the one at MTG salvation when i noticed this.
aldaryn

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice find...Lost is such a good show!
Delicious

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 10:38 am    Post subject: Re: Wizards RnD are Lost Fans.... Reply with quote

walkergann wrote:
Just in case no one else has caught this i think my fellow Lost fans would appreciate this. There is a new card in Eventide that expresses either RnD's love of Lost on ABC, or is a paid cameo from ABC.

Springjack Shepherd - 3W
Chroma - When Springjack Shepherd comes into play, put a 0/1 white Goat creature into play for each white mana symbol in the mana costs of permanents you control.

You see it???

Ok if you didn't, I will point it out. Remove Spring from the name and it leaves Jack shepherd. The flavor text should be obvious as its a quote that the character made in the series on countless occasions about how they are to survive on the island.

Now the spoilers out are unofficial and incomplete. i was reading the one at MTG salvation when i noticed this.

wow, no one should care

Lost is a boring show with over used plot devices and character types
cheesypirate

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

aldaryn wrote:
Nice find...Lost is such a good show!

i completely agree
Daveslusher-

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 11:30 am    Post subject: Re: Wizards RnD are Lost Fans.... Reply with quote

Delicious wrote:
walkergann wrote:

Springjack Shepherd - 3W

You see it???

wow, no one should care

i completely agree
_Chris_

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 11:35 am    Post subject: Re: Wizards RnD are Lost Fans.... Reply with quote

walkergann wrote:

Springjack Shepherd - 3W

You see it???

too much time on your hands...Smile
Jacois

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have a specific example but often the Mtgsalvation Spoiler list has flavour text that is just made up by the salvation staff, whilst the rest of the card is right on.

But yeah, pretty funny if it's true.

Danger Field 1R
Enchant Land
Whenever enchanted land is tapped for mana, it deals 3 damage to it's controller.
It gets no respect I tells ya
gypsy

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lost sucks so boring nothing ever happens just keeps showing cliffhangers
kAViinXe

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jacois wrote:
I don't have a specific example but often the Mtgsalvation Spoiler list has flavour text that is just made up by the salvation staff, whilst the rest of the card is right on.

The incomplete MOR spoiler had "Never gonna give you up, never gonna let you down" as the flavor text for Indomitable Ancients.

Given that Wizards wants to keep Magic in its own universe and avoid making connections to the real world, I highly doubt that they would make such an obvious reference to such a popular show.
cheesypirate

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kAViinXe wrote:
Jacois wrote:

The incomplete MOR spoiler had "Never gonna give you up, never gonna let you down" as the flavor text for Indomitable Ancients.

lol
ACM
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's obviously just the guys at MTGSalvation having drawn the connection between Springjack Shepherd and Jack Shephard first and then made up their own spoiler text Laughing
Eldariel
Level 3 Judge

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 4:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Wizards RnD are Lost Fans.... Reply with quote

Daveslusher- wrote:
Delicious wrote:
walkergann wrote:

Springjack Shepherd - 3W

You see it???

wow, no one should care

i completely agree

This. Lost-like shows were good for maybe the first 50 ones. 1001th is a bit too much.
kAViinXe

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stucco wrote:
kAViinXe wrote:
Jacois wrote:

Given that Wizards wants to keep Magic in its own universe and avoid making connections to the real world, I highly doubt that they would make such an obvious reference to such a popular show.

On the contrary, many magic cards have real world references that are just a bit askew. Despite the newer ones, my favorite is still Order of Leitbur... which was actually an admitted reference to Order of Light Beer.

Despite not liking Lost, I certainly do appreciate the word play Very Happy

I never said that Magic never makes real world references. However, you'll be hard-pressed to find one that's as clear as "...jack Shepherd" + quote from Jack Shephard. Order of Leitbur is an extremely old card, made at a time when development standards were much less defined, and even that wasn't phonetically identical to "order of light beer".

"Live together, die alone" will not be the flavor text for Springjack Shepherd. On the other hand, it's nice to find these little easter eggs thrown in by the mtgsalvation spoiler crew.
Eliminator
Level 3 Judge

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those fake flavor texts are put in to detect people who copy/paste the spoiler onto other sites.
OldBear

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should consider adding boggart harbinger to fetch boghoodlums, in too your lost deck as that play is just sick. Goodnight!
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Non-Magic All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2