Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pandemonium, Stacking?

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Magic Rulings
AppleofEris

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 12:03 pm    Post subject: Pandemonium, Stacking? Reply with quote

Do multiple copies of Pandemonium stack? Like say I have 2 copies in play and I summon Llanowar Elves, can the Elves deal 2 damage when they enter play to target creature or player?

And if so, wouldn't it be fun to drop that 10/2 for a 4 mana instant kill?

Edit: Maybe stack is the wrong term, a better question would be if both enchantments trigger. And if so, exactly how does it happen in terms of abilities entering the stack and then resolving.
kazediel

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 12:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Pandemonium, Stacking? Reply with quote

ZeMuppet wrote:
Do multiple copies of Pandemonium stack?
Right, they do. Each pandemonium is a separate permanent and because of that when a creature enters in play both of them detect it.
IgnisFatuus

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Whenever a creature comes into play, that creature's controller may have it deal damage equal to its power to target creature or player of his or her choice."

Whenever you play a creature, all copies of Pandemonium will trigger simultaneously. Whenever multiple triggers that you control occur simultaneously, you choose the order in which they go on the stack. For multiple Pandemoniums, the order really does not matter (because each trigger is the same).

So, if you play a Llanowar Elf with two Pandemoniums in play, you will cause two abilities to trigger. You may have the Elf deal 1 damage to a target and then you may have the Elf deal another 1 damage to a target (does not have to be the same target as the first damage).
Ggerg

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...this is something i've never understood why people dont get...like...we all had our fair share of things we didn't understand starting out, but it's pretty obvious right?

if pandemonium and aether flash are both out and a creautre comes into play, does only one trigger? of course not!

meh, sorry to u newbie who now feel like little shits, i just had to point out how retarded that is.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Magic Rulings All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1