Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Porphyry Nodes

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Magic Rulings
steaks

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 4:33 pm    Post subject: Porphyry Nodes Reply with quote

I was wondering, does Porphyry Nodes target a creature? If a creature has shroud, can it still be destroyed to Nodes? (I'm guessing yes).
And must it destroy a creature? Like there is a Mogg Fanatic and a Keldon Marauder in play, Mogg is chosen for Porphyry, it's controler sacs it in response, must the marauders be destroyed or no creature is? (I'm guessing it must be destroyed)

Btw, If I have a Godhead of Awe in play how does the Persist abil goes in cases like Fink and Redcap? When Redcap returns to play with persist deals no damage right? What about finks? Does it's controller still gets to gain the 2 life before it dies?

Tks for the help
steaks
therooster

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Porphyry Nodes doesn't target. Also, if the ability is allowed to resolve, the creature chosen will be destroyed. There is no longer a chance to respond. If you sacrifice the fanatic, now the marauders is the next in line Smile

Both the Redcap and Finks will still trigger. The redcap will deal 0 damage as it's power was 0, and the Finks will cause you to gain 2 life.
steaks

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tks fir the enlightnement =)
onecleanceli

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so you're saying that p.nodes doesnt actually use the stack? i.e. i 'choose' the mogg fanatic b/c i have to, does it go onto the stack, allowing him to sac or it doesnt use the stack meaning if he wants to sac fanatic, he has to do so before p.nodes resolves and even then will lose his next creature??

in lamens terms, is this how it works:
my turn: upkeep: p.nodes goes onto stack, opponent has a chance to respond before i 'choose' the creature? if he/she doesnt, i 'choose' the fanatic and it dies, with no way to respond by sacc'ing?
trueeevil

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Porphy nodes ability is a triggered ability, and uses the stack. In response to the ability going on the stack, he can sac the mogg fanatic. This would allow the nodes owner to choose a different creature though.
onecleanceli

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

right.. so the only time you can respond to nodes is when the triggered ability goes onto the stack (which is not when you choose target) once the ability resolves, you then choose and its destroyed, without being able to being responded to right? and u can choose shrouded creatures right?
Hardtrack

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First off, Porphyry Nodes doesn't target. That's quite important.

What that means is that the creature is not chosen beforehand. Only once the ability starts resolving is 'the creature with the least power' determined and consequently destroyed. And yes, that also means Shrouded creatures are not protected.

The ability does use the stack and you can sacrifice some creatures to some effect if you want to, but it'll just take another creature when the ability resolves.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Magic Rulings All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1