Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Rg Tarmo Sligh

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
Poofter

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 3:43 pm    Post subject: Rg Tarmo Sligh Reply with quote

LANDS 20

2x Fire-lit Thicket
4x Karplusan Forest
11x Mountain
1x Keldon Megaliths
2x Treetop Village (Could be Mutavaults?)

CREATURES 20

4x Tattermunge Maniac
4x Mogg Fanatic
4x Tarmogoyf
4x Keldon Maruraders
2x Boggart Ram-Gang
2x Radha, Heir to Keld

SPELLS 20

4x Incinerate
4x Shard Volley
4x Tarfire
4x Flame Javelin
4x Rift Bolt

SIDEBOARD

3x Dragon Claw's (Mirror Match)
3x Everlasting Torment (Kitchen Finks and the such could be replaced)
3x Firesprout (Mono-Black Rogues and Fearies)
3x Seal of Primodium (Goyf food and Bitterblossum removal)
3x Guttral Responces (F^#k Cryptic Command)

I have playing this deck with much sucess, i have played 14 matches on mws and have gone 13-1 (I know its random scrubs on mws) I have also taken this to a tourny and when 6-0-0 with it. The Treetop Villages are just in there because i don't have mutavaults and i don't like haveing 4 fire-lit thickets because if you only have 1 land in your openng hand that is always the one >.<. Radha could be removed but i like her attack for 2 get in a free incinerate then still have mana open for another spell or more beat sticks. I don't think there is alot you could change with this deck but i fiqured i post the list and see what people have to say.
Orlandu

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 7:07 pm    Post subject: Hm Reply with quote

I'd say if you had one land in your opening hand it was a hand you'd want to mulligan anyway, and why Radha over two more ramgangs?
shadow483

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I say drop radah for more ram gangs. They are the best turn three drop you could do. I also say drop 1 shard volley for another land. Sacing a land can sometimes give you a tempo loss and if too many are in your opener, it can get problematic.
Thuni

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would say add one pendelhaven i mean it does not hurt you and may pump mogg fanatic
Vedrfolner

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

-2 Shard Volley

+1 Pendelhaven to 21 lands (now 9 green sources)
+1 Boggart Ram-Gang
vdemario

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 4:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What about Greater Gargadon? It has been discussed against Shard Volley in the RDW thread also.

It may be even better in this deck. (I tend to think RG is better than RDW in every way...)
Alex_Storch

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the Deck is pretty solid! Radha fits better to curve than 4 Ram Gangs. With 4 Ram Gangs + Javeline + Shard Volley one has the feeling of 12 3-drops. A feeling u don´t want to have. So Radha seems good choice, with all that burn and she spends g mana if needed. Also not to play Gargadon is a choice i´d prefer in the moment. This guy needs a different deck plan (many cards u want to sac) OR a metagame where it is necessary (for example last year this time - many mirrors).

I would play 1-2 additional lands and cut 1-2 Shard Volley for them. Don´t now the exact number witout testing, but 20 seems to less. Also i´d play more g sources, at least 9, better 10. So u can´t cut Villages for Mutavualts without changing the Manabase a little. My oppinion Smile

The sideboard is also good except guttural response. You never want to play reactive cards. Perhaps Cryoclasm instead vs. blue???
Demyo

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would cut Rhada for 2 ram gangs
zchen

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm making a very similar deck except 4x ram-gang and no Rhada. 4x Harmonize and no shard volley. 4x Kitchen finks and no Keldon marauders. 4x sulfurous blast and no flame javlin. And only 2 tarfires and 3 rift-bolts for the extra lands.

I will have about 23 card land base. 4x treetops and 3 fire-lit thickets. 1 Keldon megaliths. 1 extra forest and pendlehaven and rest mountains.

And my sideboard basically wrecks merfolks and faeries. Vexing shusher, piroclasms, squall line....
Bigshow

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vdemario wrote:
What about Greater Gargadon? It has been discussed against Shard Volley in the RDW thread also.

It may be even better in this deck. (I tend to think RG is better than RDW in every way...)

there is no way to abuse it, the "right" way is with threaten. even with war marshal its not that very good.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1