Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

RDW

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
kfcman

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 3:20 pm    Post subject: RDW Reply with quote

// Lands
3 [10E] Ghitu Encampment
4 [MOR] Mutavault
16 [UNH] Mountain

// Creatures
4 [PLC] Keldon Marauders
4 [FUT] Magus of the Moon
4 [10E] Mogg Fanatic
4 [SHM] Tattermunge Maniac
2 [MOR] Countryside Crusher

// Spells
4 [SHM] Flame Javelin
4 [10E] Incinerate
4 [LRW] Lash Out
4 [TSP] Rift Bolt
3 [MOR] Shard Volley

// Sideboard
SB: 1 [MOR] Countryside Crusher
SB: 4 [SHM] Fulminator Mage
SB: 3 [SHM] Everlasting Torment
SB: 3 [TSP] Sulfurous Blast
SB: 4 [SHM] Vexing Shusher

Considering that this deck has a considerably good matchup vs. faeries, how good is it overall in the T2 Meta ?
OldBear

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Before shadowmoor came out the meta was basically rdw beats faeries, loses to rev, rev beats rdw loses to faeries, faeries beats rev loses to rdw. Green loses to all three. Hopefully that will have changed after PT hollywood.
gypsy

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this is so wrong its unbeleivable
Eldariel
Level 3 Judge

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meta is basically:
Everything is 50/50 with everything except Faeries, which is like 55/45 with everything except RDW.
Ggerg

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

agrees with Eldariel.

...people exaggerate a bit
kfcman

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whilst we're on the subject of RDW, there are a number of creatures i was wondering about.

Blood Knight
Gathan Raiders
Spark Elemental
Magus o' the Scroll
Sulfur Elemental

In the new versions of RDW, these dudes weren't invited to the party, why ?
McRishel42

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Magus of the Scroll wasn't used very often in the first place because there are so much better cards that could be doing repeatable damage. Jaya Ballard, Chandra, Pyrohemia, etc. Blood Knight and Sulfur Elemental stopped seeing play around the same time as white fell off the map, no one running white = no one running white hate. As for Spark Elemental and Gathan Raiders, neither one of those are too bad for today's meta, but there's probably still something better. I like your deck a lot other than the four Magus of the Moons. They turn off your own Mutavaults and only change your opponent's nonbasics, which isn't nearly a big of deal in standard than it is in extended. If your going to run Moon's, I'd cut down to at least 3 or maybe even SB them. Other than that, lovin' it.
kfcman

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

McRishel42 wrote:
Magus of the Scroll wasn't used very often in the first place because there are so much better cards that could be doing repeatable damage. Jaya Ballard, Chandra, Pyrohemia, etc. Blood Knight and Sulfur Elemental stopped seeing play around the same time as white fell off the map, no one running white = no one running white hate. As for Spark Elemental and Gathan Raiders, neither one of those are too bad for today's meta, but there's probably still something better. I like your deck a lot other than the four Magus of the Moons. They turn off your own Mutavaults and only change your opponent's nonbasics, which isn't nearly a big of deal in standard than it is in extended. If your going to run Moon's, I'd cut down to at least 3 or maybe even SB them. Other than that, lovin' it.

Understandable, but look at the top decks, mostly the decks that this was made to beat. They play a ton of non basics, and often times magus is just a backbreaking creature when it sticks.
Thorns

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even thought Magus shuts down your Mutavaults, his strength is in the fact that he also shuts down your OPPONENT'S Mutavaults, as well as annoying Faerie Conclaves.

Looking at your list, I would probably take out the Lash Out for Boggart Ram-Gangs. They sort work in the similar fashion, but with the addition of being a repeatable source of damage as well as shrinking opposing creatures. I'm also not big on the Shard Volleys. Sure they're great with Crusher, but I think Greater Gargadon serves much better to his cause.
Paellin

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just putting it out there since no one has said it yet, but this list is actualy Evin Erwins 3rd place deck at the Star City Games 2K tournament.
jakeywakey

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

magus of the moon quite simply will win you the game against Doran, Faeries, and whatever else im missing, it doesnt matter if he turns your mutavaults into mountains... are you suggesting its better to run 4mtn instead of 4 mutavault? he also works well with flame javelin if you have mutavaults, any way you slice it 4 magus of the moon maindeck i think is the way to go right now. and yes this list is good enough in the meta, it fails pretty hard to kitchen finks/aven riftwatcher... just as it should, but thats no reason to not play it.
Vedrfolner

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still don't like Shard Volley. And no it isn't great with Crusher.
kfcman

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paellin wrote:
Just putting it out there since no one has said it yet, but this list is actualy Evin Erwins 3rd place deck at the Star City Games 2K tournament.

Yes with a slightly different SB

Vedrfolner wrote:
I still don't like Shard Volley. And no it isn't great with Crusher.

Shard Volley is just ok most times, but when u can use it as a pseudo combat trick with crusher its good or when u have extra land or when a man land is on it's way to the bin anyway, shard volley is really good.
Vedrfolner

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you play Crusher at 3 mana, and then play a Shard Volley, you will be at 2 the rest of the game if Crusher stays. That's awful. 2 is the maximum count of Shard Volley _especially_ if you have Crusher in there.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2