Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SCG T2 results... what do they mean?

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
Hank333

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 7:39 pm    Post subject: SCG T2 results... what do they mean? Reply with quote

Damn fairies won agian. Judging by the top decks, i would say that Rg aggro is a great metagame call for hollywood. Or maybe some techy elf swarm deck. But you need to win the game in the first 3-4 turns in this format to beat fairies. Fairies win vs control and mid range almost everytime. But it can't deal with a good swarm of guys followed by some average removal. Thoughts?
Dannar

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't had much chance to test my latest deck build against faeries, but it has done pretty decent so far, and holds it's own in the meta against aggro and mid range, starts having difficulties against the b/r land destruction deck (rdw?)
Manipulation

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the Wilt-leaf Liege/Mirrorweave deck. It's an even-to-negative matchup vs. Faeries in Game 1, but when you board in Firespout, it becomes very good.
Orlandu

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 9:08 pm    Post subject: Er.. Reply with quote

So boarding in 3-4 copies of one card makes it a great matchup? That's the thing people don't understand about faeries, one hate card isn't gonna cut it. They're just gonna counter it, and if it DOES resolve, you've probably only killed a couple tokens and maybe a spellstuter sprite, guess in response I'll flash in my mistbind clique, or just eot play a vendillion clique or scion, and if I've got one, put a token into play via bitterblossom.
Tms-Rock

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah i top 8'd the 5k and 2k Saterday and Sunday playing Merfolk, faeries is prob the most ezymode match-up for the deck, in the swiss i played it 4 times, going 2-0 all but once which was a draw. and then sunday i played faeries 3 timesi n the swiss 2-0 twice then getting land screwed vs nuts faerie draw but no compliants overall though the decks insane. Vs just about everything theres always an insurance policy to keep all my creatures alive comming up on turn 4 thanks to curse Catcher followed by a ton of dmg usually leathal on turn 4. So it seems to be pimp
TugaChampion

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol anyone who thinks merfolks is an autowin vs faeries is just wrong. Faeries play 4 islands at most. Now with Sunken Ruins people will probably play 1 or 2 ruins and will play even less islands then before. Lord of Atlantis also boosts enemy mutavaults and makes those really unblockable. And faeries also has counters that are not instants and bypass Cursecatcher.

If you want and almost autowin vs faeries just play mono red burn.
Tms-Rock

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol if your on the play and had a 1st turn Curse catcher vs faeries please let me know if u lose, because that just means your god awful at magic. + I played Aquatics will in the 5k and 2k, and prob never would change that descion.
gypsy

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mana ramp isnt that hard of a matchup, like after turn 3 you dont rly have to play anything and just counter their sulf blasts or firespouts
TugaChampion

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tms-Rock wrote:
lol if your on the play and had a 1st turn Curse catcher vs faeries please let me know if u lose, because that just means your god awful at magic. + I played Aquatics will in the 5k and 2k, and prob never would change that descion.

If there's a one mana creature that really bothers faeries it isn't cursecatcher. It's Mogg Fanatic. If faeries lost to a force spike wannabe on a stick it would have never been the best deck. And you know the faeries player could always play the best tribal card (and best card in t2 and block) on the second turn.
TwoTrees

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The main thing I get from the tourny

The same guy who won both the 5k and the 2k with the same list.
Runs 3 maindeck sower, which everyone has cut lately.

Interesting.
TwoTrees

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its great against elves, but now is not great against manaramp, bad against red aggro, and bad in the mirror match and merfolk too.
Tms-Rock

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually sower is pretty good vs merfolks when they take banneret or Rejeery and completely stop me from gaining tempo. screws u over also cuz u can't cursecatcher it Sad
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2