Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Swan assault

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
KeySam

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://forums.mtgsalvation.com/showthread.php?t=108938

I dont like the deck, but there you should get insperation.
Eldar

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't run the wish version chapin put out a new one without it and with more blue/black in it. I don't have a list on hand but I know it was in one of his premium articles.
bl0t

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This deck gets hosed so easy.. if it ever becomes played.
TugaChampion

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are 3 bad things with this deck:

1) It's slow. It's easily slower than Ravnica+Timespiral DragonStorm and probably slower than mono red DragonStorm. I tested against a friend of mine. I was playing Mono Red Burn and he played Swans. He won the first one when I didn't know what he was playing and I kept a slow hand. Then I won all games most of them my friend was on the play and had lotus bloom turn 1.

2) The mana base is horrible! First he would always take from 3 to 7 damage from painlands. I think this deck loses to a fulminator mage (or any land destruction).

3) It's easy to disrupt. There are maindeck cards that kill Swans. Nameless inversion and terror being the most important ones. Goyf dies to many things too. But unless your deck is really bad it doesn't depend on goyf to win while this depends on swans. It also makes Sulfurous Blast (which would be a bad card against most combo decks) read: deals 3 damage to each player, draw 3 cards.
Middleman

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Additionally the new Red deck anti-sideboard tech of Everlasting Torment completely shuts the deck down.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1