Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

LArk Question

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Magic Rulings
Delicious

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 9:24 am    Post subject: LArk Question Reply with quote

If i bounce (Boomerang, wipe away and the such) lark in response to it CIP, do they get creatures from the graveyard?
OldBear

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lark has no cip ability only a leaves play ability. So when you bounce it leaves play and the ability triggers as it leaves play.
Conkisstador

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

reveillark triggers on every leaqves play instance... so once it touches the board (aka not countered) then the desired effect is immenent.

if you want to use shriekmaw as an exmple of CiP... the CiP triggers the moment they touch play so even killing the creature or whatever... they still have the trigger.
Acid_Christ

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 4:15 pm    Post subject: Re: LArk Question Reply with quote

delicious wrote:
If i bounce (Boomerang, wipe away and the such) lark in response to it CIP, do they get creatures from the graveyard?

Yes. Then you scoop your cards and quit.
gypsy

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so you want to bounce something thats not in play yet, man only if ur super good does that work, which from these stupid questions seems your not so no u cant
YWNightmare

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gypsy wrote:
so you want to bounce something thats not in play yet, man only if ur super good does that work, which from these stupid questions seems your not so no u cant

hmmmm...venser? jackass!
gypsy

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

technically thats not bouncing it, because it needs to be in play to be bounced
DaveK

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Technically "bounce" has never been defined, so you can't go into technicalities using that word.

But if you want to be consistent, all instances of using the term "bounce" would include "returning" something to hand, but not destroying it or anything else like that. Look at Remand:
Quote:
Counter target spell. If you do, return that spell to it's owner's hand.
Draw a card.

It expressis verbis states "counter", while Venser says only "return". That's why Venser actually bounces spells (i.e., stuff not in play), while Remand counters them.

Don't try going into technicalities without knowing your stuff.
thedarkness

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish I knew stuff. Sad
gypsy

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

me too apparently,
Vedrfolner

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"If i bounce (Boomerang, wipe away and the such) lark in response to it CIP, do they get creatures from the graveyard?"

Venser's return spell to hand ability has nothing to do with the question.

But I agree that his ability can be called "bounce".
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Magic Rulings All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1