Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

my tribal kithkin takes first at FNM :D

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
MilanG[GER]

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 4:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow 1st at fnm wow
UFK07

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 5:13 am    Post subject: Congrats! Reply with quote

Hehee,

Good games bro! A solid deck with some bite in the mid-game. Congrats on the win and enjoy the foil.

Oh, if he did stack, that's on him, but that's why you shuffle your opponent's deck, no matter what. Hope you didn't do that "one tap and go" routine.

But it was an impressive series of wins though. Sunlance is smooth card, wish it was an instant though. Smile
Vedrfolner

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Extirpate vs Kithkin?
Spyx

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if you suspect stacking just shuffle his deck like your shuffle your own...
Vedrfolner

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The one card I don't like in this deck, is Cenn's Heir. It is helpless on its own, and often you will pay dearly for that. Remember that the whole deck does not have to be Kithkin just because you run Wizened Cenn and Goldmeadow Stalwart.
Barnacle

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First off, congrats on the win. I do agree that the Cenn's Heir's are very weak though. You have a couple options to replace it though. I would personally like Kinsbaile Skirmisher in this deck. It's a 2 drop and late game can sometimes just screw up your opponents combat math enough to get a little extra damge through. Also Mirror Entity is a pretty good finisher in these types of decks. I don't know that you would want 4 of those though since you only run 20 land. Maybe 2 Skirmishers and 2 Entity's? Good luck man.
Vedrfolner

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2 Thoughtweft Trio / 2 Serra Avenger / 2 Ajani Goldmane

+ 2 Mirror Entity

much better, especially when he play Captain.
trueeevil

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There has to be something better to put in your sb than surge of thoughtweft.
dv8r

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

note that I am 100% with Milan and Verdolfenor on this one, I especially liked the:

"Personally I think he was stacking his deck because he drew all of his sower of temptations(4) every game."

you should play the deck that allows you to have the most fun whilst posting a positive win ratio at an fnm, if this is kithkin, then fine, but don't go:

"considering I'm running kithkin in the current metagame I thought it was a pretty decent win. "

and especially don't title your thread as you have....

that said, it seems a pretty solid build of kithkin, I especially like crib swap vs reveillark combo (no, seriously). The only card that really stands out as being missing is mana tithe, and even that is only an sb card at best. no love for amrou scout?
kazediel

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TRy 3 loxodon warhammer instead of heir, it's a great card and has lot of synergy with knight of meadowgreen, and for the fourth heir, hmmm 1 ajani may be?
patteb

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

did you think of rebuff the wicked ? mana tithe is just to easy to dodge for your opponent, and as far as i'm getting you right you basicially want to handle bounce spells on your rings or anything similar, like "burn your wizened cenn"
Vedrfolner

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1: why don't Glorious Anthem pump Mistmeadow Skulk? (it does)

2: Did you have any use of Redeem the Lost all day? I think Militia's Pride, Paladin en-Vec or other cards would be of more use.
R3wind

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anthem does pump Mistmeadow Skulk. Saying that it does not is like saying that pro white live though Wrath of God. I hope that the judge did not rule that Glorious Anthem does not pump up Mistmeadow Skulk.
Mute

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All of have to say is kithkin are very underated. It's unbelievable that hardly no one plays them. I was second at my fnm friday with my list and i have to say this deck's resiliancy is what makes me love midgets so much. Here's my list.

Land: 20
4 Brushland
4 Horizen Canopy
1 Forest
1 Pendelhaven
4 Rustic Clachan
6 Plains

Creatures: 26
4 Goldmeadow Stalwart
4 Burrenton Forge-Tender (D-strom runs rampant at my shop)
4 Mosquito Guard
4 Knight of the Meadowgrain
4 Gaddock Teeg
4 Wizened Cenn
2 Thoughtweft Trio

Other spells: 14
4 Sunlance
4 Surge of thoughtweft
3 Griffen Guide
3 Miltia's Pride

I thought about putting in mutavaulsts but have faught it off for the face that this deck is very mana intensive. It wants double white as much as possible all the way up to turn 4. After that is the only time i see playing mutavaults. The card is sick no doubt and it is awesome if you overextend your board and something happens like pyroclasm or wog if you dont have teeg, but i find militia's pride to be just as effective. So for now no mutavaults.

Sideboard:15
4 Disenchant
4 Honerable Passage
3 Rebuff the Wicked
4 Crib swap
Very basic board. Like i said d-storm runs rampant in these parts, and if not d-storm than something and goyf. So here ya go.
Vedrfolner

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Novajoe wrote:
actually he did. I figured it was true because of the whole 3 or greater thing. So why does it pump despite protection 3 or greater?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magic:_The_Gathering_rules#Protection

it was first hit when I googled for "mtg rules protection".

Basically, Protection says something like "this permanent cannot be the target of spells or abilities of the chosen colour/whatever. Damage dealt to it by blahblah is prevented. Creatures of the blahblah cannot block it."

That is all.

It doesn't say that continuous effects like that of Glorious Anthem does not affect it. It is rarely that a close reading of the words on a given card won't reveal exactly what it does, and by that also what it doesn't.

Glorious Anthem doesn't say "target" or "damage", and it is not (normally) a creature which could block Skulk . Therefore protection doesn't protect vs its ability.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2