Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

UR Snow Control

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
Dakkon555

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 1:35 am    Post subject: UR Snow Control Reply with quote

Creatures - 11
x4 Phyrexian Ironfoot
x2 Aeon Chronicler
x2 Teferi, Mage of Zhalfir
x2 Venser, Shaper Savant
x1 Bogardan Hellkite

Spells - 24
x4 Skred
x4 Incinerate
x4 Rune Snag
x4 Ancestral Vision
x3 Cryptic Command
x3 Think Twice
x2 Pyroclasm

Lands - 25
x12 Snow-Covered Island
x6 Snow-Covered Mountain
x4 Shivan Reef
x2 Scrying Sheets
x1 Urza's Factory

Sideboard - 15
x4 Sulfur Elemental
x4 Flashfreeze
x3 Sulfurous Blast
x2 Tormod's Crypt
x2 Pyroclasm

i wanna run UR Snow Control at FNM but at the moment i feel like its missing something, any suggestions?

Last edited by Dakkon555 on Fri Mar 14, 2008 11:52 am; edited 1 time in total
trueeevil

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think sulfourus blast > pyroclasm
Vedrfolner

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you need mana acceleration
DESTRUCTOR

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cut the 4 incinerate and 2 pyroclasm, add 3 sulforous blast and 3 mind stone...obv that is just an advice and i havent tested the deck

and a couple of mouth of ronom would be nice

SB: a must are 4 flashfreeze maybe a few tormod's crypt (UW reveillark/blink) and pyroclasm
Jacois

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cut the incinerates for Remove Soul. It's great against every deck in the format, and especially so against Rev.
Vedrfolner

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cut the 3 Think Twice and 1 Island for 4 Coldsteel Heart. Chronicler isn't very good without mana acceleration. Heart is also mana-fix, something which is helpful with Command in a deck with lands which produce non-blue mana.

I will just list some good cards for this kind of deck, which could be interesting for you:

Incendiary Command
Detritivore
Razormane Masticore
Molten Disaster
Bottle Gnomes
Akroma, Angel of Fury
Brine Elemental + Vesuvan Shapeshifter
Loxodon Warhammer

as well as more Chronicler, more Hellkite, of course.
Dakkon555

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

heres the list now...
Creautes
4 Phyrexian Ironfoot
4 Mulldrifter
3 Aeon Chronicler
2 Venser, Shaper Savant
1 Bogardan Hellkite
Spells
4 Skred
4 Incinerate
4 Rune Snag
4 Ancestral Vision
3 Cryptic Command
2 Pyroclasm
Lands
12 Snow-Covered Island
6 Snow-Covered Mountain
4 Shivan Reef
2 Mouth of Ronom
1 Urza's Factory

Sideboard
4 Flashfreeze
4 Sulfur Elemental
3 Tormod's Crypt
2 Sulfurous Blast
2 Persuasion

i wanna add razormane masticore for the win condition but i dont know what to take out for 1 or 2, any ideas?
Vedrfolner

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try instead of Venser. Venser is all about tempo, and you don't use the tempo gain very extensively.
rubbaducky42

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you should just play the Razormanes in the sideboard. Venser is good against aggro and control, whereas Razormane Masticore is rather flaccid against fast beatdown decks or slow control decks and only good against more midrange decks where you can win the attrition fights.

I sugges that you play Coldsteel Heart and at least 1 Scrying Sheets.
R3wind

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have played quite a lot of UR control decks over the years. I have to say that Ved is right on with his comments. I do think that you don't need Venser. You must have Coldsteel Heart and Relic would not hurt.

I am going to sugest that you use some of the following for your creatures.

Sulfur Elemental ( yes in the main )
Ironfoot
Aeon
Razormane
Sower of Temptation
Persuasion (take their guys!)
Teferi
Triskvalus (spelling)
Hellkite

I would run 1 Academy Ruins, 1-2 Scrying Sheets, and 1-2 Mouth of Ronom in the mana base.

You need to lower your colored mana requirments. I just don't see Cryptic Command working well in the deck. (Call me crazy) Here's my point. It's really hard to have RR and UUU on the most important turn for UR control turn 4. You have to make a choice as to what card is fills in weak spots in the deck better. I would just run 4 Skred and 4 Sulfurous Blast. Blast is slick in UR control due to that fact your guys stay in play after the blast. Just can't say how badly it rips tribal aggro decks like Faeries (Bitterblossom!), Wizards, Rouges (if you still have a hand by turn 4), and Elves.

As a bonus you get to slow roll Sulfurous Blast in resp to Champion, thus clearing the board and "countering" the champion

I like most of the sideboard! Great job on that. I love Sulfur Elemental. I would change one or two things. You kinda need one Crusible of Worlds, some number of Pithing Needles, and one or two Draining Whelk
floreskiller

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is the Crucible for Mouth of Ronom? Because if it is, I don't see much value in that since I rarely activate my Mouth more than once. And Draining Whelk in the current metagame is weak. The best thing I can see you countering is a Mistbind Clique, but your opponent will probably have a Rune Snag or something.
R3wind

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Umm yea. Becuase Draining Whelk is not very good vs Mana Ramp and no one has ever won a trial with Mana Ramp on Magic League. On the other hand I don't think that card advantage or big flyers win games.

One or two should be plenty.

Also the Crusible is anti Cryo and Acid-Moss. It also is good for the control match. One or two should be good. If you seem to see a lot of RDW then two.

Bottle Gnomes are something that you may want to look into.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1