Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Tournament elf deck

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
McRishel42

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Primal Command is good, Forfend isn't.

Just don't play out too many at once, maybe run Harmonize to refill your hand if its a big problem.
thedarkness

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, considering that Forfend is WHITE, and you run no white mana sources, why not just run Prowess of the Fair? It's BLACK, and you have no black mana sources, and it's ever so much better than Forfend.

Edit: Elvish Harbinger produces random colors, I see. So if you don't draw one?

Try adding swamps..it might help.

Black also gives you access to the commonly used (and very inexpensive AND TUTORABLE VIA HARBINGER) removal spells, nameless inversion and eyeblight's ending. Both are common, but are effective. Both only have B in their mana cost. You can make an effective black splash on a budget mana base, at least in elves, because you only need one black mana for any of the important spells. Profane Command doesn't count. <_< >_>

Also, I have a question...

Do you play on modo, because I played against something that looked almost exactly like that list the other day...

He drew 3 perfects game 1 and 4 perfects game 2, along with an arbitrary host of exactly enough lands, EXACTLY enough lands..

I on the other hand was sitting on my pathetic army of 5 4/4's, staring down 12 5/5's. For two turns. So please, don't say yes. o-o

Last edited by thedarkness on Fri Feb 29, 2008 12:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
thedarkness

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shimmering Grotto, bad.

Swamp, good.

Run Swamp.

Ooga booga. o-o
Mirage

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lose Harbinger for Wolf-Skull Shaman, Essence Ward for Wren's Run Vanquisher, and lose the Archers for Wren's Run Packmaster.
OldBear

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Treetop village would really help this deck and is great against board wipers.
pyroxxx950

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

where are the man lands??????????????
Vedrfolner

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Elvish Promenade is bad. Period. It is playable but meh in limited because there are few board sweepers there, but in constructed it is awful. It is _very_ unlikely that you will play it for more than 3 tokens.

See the other thread about elves here on the forum for a more detailed discussion and more tuned decklists.

(the thread is called "race winner")
Delicious

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Black > no rest for the wicked

awesome right after a board wipe. i play 2 in my elf SB and it always helps me
floreskiller

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Too many Packmasters. If you just got Wrathed, you'll be sitting there with 3 Packmasters in your hand doing diddly squat. Also cut the stupid Promenades.
I haven't tried No Rest for the Wicked (I didn't even know this card existed). But it doesn't seem that strong. After a Wrath effect, they can probably pick off the creatures you play next with Shriekmaw / Nameless Inversion or they might just not care because they've already stabilized.
Edit: Also, right now your deck seems kind of slow. Adding Garruks and cutting the Promenades might help if it is in your budget range.
Jon_Ma

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

7 swamps is too many considering you don't play any black cards main...
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2