Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

GBr Ramp Rock

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
Noobsauce

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 11:14 pm    Post subject: GBr Ramp Rock Reply with quote

Well I've had a little more experience with this format.
I ditched my RG aggro and decided to try a new approach.

Here's attempt #2 at Standard

GBr Ramp Rock (aka. Money.dec)

3 [TSP] Fungal Reaches
2 [TSP] Molten Slagheap
4 [TSP] Gemstone Mine
2 [10E] Karplusan Forest
2 [FUT] Graven Cairns
2 [10E] Llanowar Wastes
2 [10E] Sulfurous Springs
3 [LOR] Forest
1 [LOR] Mountain
1 [LOR] Swamp

4 [FUT] Tarmogoyf
4 [10E] Birds of Paradise
3 [LOR] Shriekmaw
3 [LOR] Masked Admirers
1 [LOR] Liliana Vess
2 [LOR] Garruk Wildspeaker
2 [TSP] Bogarden Hellkite
3 [TSP] Wall of Roots

4 [TSP] Call of the Herd
3 [FUT] Molten Disaster
3 [LOR] Nameless Inversion
2 [10E] Incinerate
2 [PLC] Damnation
2 [LOR] Profane Command

So far I've only had 1 test game versus husk. Though it wasn't really fair due to the fact in my opponents build, molten disaster for
2 was game over.

From what I can tell, the mana base is total trash, this seems to be a trend among my decks...

Any comments, suggestions would be helpful.
It would also be appreciated if you could give reasons for changing
the numbers so I might get a grasp of this.
R3wind

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would cut the call of the herd to the side and also cut one of molten disaster. To replace I would try 4 search for tommow and one void. Void is a great one spell and you can side in more. It only gets better if you have thoughtsieze or distress. void on turn three or four can really rap up the game for you. You can sweep the board or the other players hand... Void also get rid of guys that you would not be able to deal with in the first place. (Akroma/Colosus)

Also it would seem that you are running a lot of spot removal. I would cut some for 3-4 Harmonize. Card advantage is one of the key points to playing a midrange deck.

I have pondered a GBru mana ramp deck before. Void was the only real reson for red. Aeon was the real reason for blue.
aceben3

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

masked admirers-->harmonize
wall of roots-->fertile ground
R3wind

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No the deck needs the early blocker that wall of roots gives.
rdeg87

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only black cards worth putting in this deck are Mind Shatter and Profane Command, both of these are double black and are going to utterly destroy your mana base. I suggest you just stick to Green Red and dont get greedy with your colours. Adding the black only gives you removal which RG Ramp has already in the form of Skred, Incinerate, Molten Disaster and the MVP against fairies Cloudthresher.
Here's a good list, just tweak this to your own preferences.

Maindeck:

Creatures
3 Cloudthresher
4 Siege-gang Commander
4 Tarmogoyf
4 Wall Of Roots

Instants
3 Incinerate
4 Skred

Planeswalkers
3 Garruk Wildspeaker

Sorceries
4 Harmonize
4 Into The North
2 Molten Disaster

Basic Snow Lands
7 Snow-covered Forest
5 Snow-covered Mountain

Lands
2 Mutavault
4 Treetop Village

Snow Lands
4 Highland Weald
2 Mouth Of Ronom
1 Scrying Sheets

Sideboard:
1 Razormane Masticore
4 Chameleon Colossus
2 Ancient Grudge
3 Akroma, Angel Of Fury
1 Garruk Wildspeaker
1 Molten Disaster
3 Pyroclasm
R3wind

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really you can play any color. I have though about it and red is the best color for sure. Black is also a color that you can play in a mana ramp deck. There are loads of great play spells. The last poster was right. You can't play all three colors.
Vedrfolner

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I was going to splash another colour to RG manaramp, it would be blue for Aeon Chronicler. I wouldn't splash for Shriekmaw, since there are so many black creatures to kill.
R3wind

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know the idea of GBu mana ramp is not a bad one... It may be worth testing. Nightmare with Urborg, Tomb of Yagmoth seems ok. Lots of splashable cards with Into the North and Ice Duals... Mind Shatter is sick! Also Mind Spring seems like a bomb.

Auto in would be Profane Command and other good x spells.
Vedrfolner

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

R3wind wrote:
You know the idea of GBu mana ramp is not a bad one... It may be worth testing. Nightmare with Urborg, Tomb of Yagmoth seems ok. Lots of splashable cards with Into the North and Ice Duals... Mind Shatter is sick! Also Mind Spring seems like a bomb.

Auto in would be Profane Command and other good x spells.

Double black and double blue, a win condition that relies solely on Urborg. I don't think that would work very well in a 3-colour decjk even though he got 4 Coalition Relic. Mind spring is nuts in Ux control. I got a UB control deck with 3x Slaughter Pact main, which allows a tapout without a great risk of getting smashed in the face for too much until my next turn. I can even risk doing a 7+ mana tapout with Mind Spring without having Pact in hand... I would gamble on drawing it if necessary.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1