Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Augur of Skulls + Graceful Reprieve

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Magic Rulings
R3wind

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 11:26 am    Post subject: Augur of Skulls + Graceful Reprieve Reply with quote

Augur of Skulls

Errata: 1/1. ; {1}{B}: Regenerate Augur of Skulls. ; Sacrifice Augur of Skulls: Target player discards two cards. Play this ability only during your upkeep.

Note - Also see Regenerate, Rule G18.7.

Graceful Reprieve

Info: [Edition] = Morningtide (MOR), [Color] = White, [Rarity] = Uncommon, [Cost] = 1W, [Type] = Instant

CARD TEXT: When target creature is put into a graveyard this turn, return that card to play under its owner's control.

Would this make a loop that would make the targeted player discard their hand? IF so this work on turn three in Standard and turn 2 in Extended. That's kinda whack... If it works then how the heck did it get passed R&D???
KeySam

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It doesnt work thatway, cause when augur comes back(after you saced him first time) he counts as a new creature and if you sac him again hes gone. A lot of people thought that work btw. some trided to play it with mogg fanatic, which would be somewhat better then augur Wink

KeySam
cloysterd

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Graceful Reprieve only works once, because when the creature is returned to play it's a new creature that doesn't "remember" that Reprieve was cast on it. That said, discarding 4 on turn 3 is nothing to sneeze at.
R3wind

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

But that would make them discard four cards though. That is the way that I thought it worked.

Thanks for the help!!!
Clatanoff

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

would graceful reprieve make shrieking grotesque return and cause to discard?
gypsy

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no
Delicious

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clatanoff wrote:
would graceful reprieve make shrieking grotesque return and cause to discard?

Black Wasn't paid in it's mana cost

alittle bit better than "no"
TugaChampion

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
That said, discarding 4 on turn 3 is nothing to sneeze at.

Still it would be better to play cards that are non situational like augur and stupor which can discard 4 on turn 3 too and stupor doesn't suck alone.
Tewl

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

im pretty sure that augur and reprieve won't result in them discarding 4 cards, because all of the beginning of upkeep triggers go on the stack at once im pretty sure, so once u sack augur and he comes back, you can't trigger him again in the same upkeep.
Wurly

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tewl wrote:
im pretty sure that augur and reprieve won't result in them discarding 4 cards, because all of the beginning of upkeep triggers go on the stack at once im pretty sure, so once u sack augur and he comes back, you can't trigger him again in the same upkeep.

That would be true if it were a triggered ability but its not.
dt

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tewl wrote:

it's not triggered, it just says you can only play the ability during your upkeep.
bigballer11

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok ill post a build tommorow hold me to it ok i probally will forget so message me on the channel if you want the build

its basically Doran aggro with aggur and reprieve and shriekmaw and saffi and garruk and stupor maybe aven riftwatcher just because becomes 3/3 evasion and gains 4 life when reprieved so ya riftwatcher ill find a place and maybe blink just for shriekmaw riftwatcher and you can save a creature and masked admires is good with blink too anyway good nightZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ Twisted Evil Very Happy Very Happy Shocked Shocked Embarassed Embarassed Laughing Laughing Surprised
bigballer11

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tewl wrote:
"im pretty sure that augur and reprieve won't result in them discarding 4 cards, because all of the beginning of upkeep triggers go on the stack at once im pretty sure, so once u sack augur and he comes back, you can't trigger him again in the same upkeep."

o ya and tewl your wrong about trigger it states :sacrifice augur of skulls target player discard 2 cards play this this ability only during your upkeep this means sacrificing is paying for the activated ability so that clears that up so its a activated ability i win yay good nightZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ.

[/quote]
MilanG[GER]

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigballer11 wrote:
ok ill post a build tommorow hold me to it ok i probally will forget so message me on the channel if you want the build

its basically Doran aggro with aggur and reprieve and shriekmaw and saffi and garruk and stupor maybe aven riftwatcher just because becomes 3/3 evasion and gains 4 life when reprieved so ya riftwatcher ill find a place and maybe blink just for shriekmaw riftwatcher and you can save a creature and masked admires is good with blink too anyway good nightZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ Twisted Evil Very Happy Very Happy Shocked Shocked Embarassed Embarassed Laughing Laughing Surprised

amount of people totally excited asking that guy for the list: 0
TugaChampion

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MilanG[GER] wrote:
bigballer11 wrote:

amount of people totally excited asking that guy for the list: 0

LOL!

pwned
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Magic Rulings All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2