Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pair of Blinkers

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
Counterlife

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 5:12 pm    Post subject: Pair of Blinkers Reply with quote

I put together this T2 deck and I get sick of the matchups on MWSplay.

2 Plains
1 Urza's Factory
4 Yavimaya Coast
5 Forest
2 Horizon Canopy
3 Island
4 Terramorphic Expanse
2 Mountain

1 Venser, Shaper Savant
4 Wall of Roots
4 Riftwing Cloudskate
1 Whitemane Lion
2 Mystic Snake
4 Mulldrifter
4 Birds of Paradise
1 Aven Augur
1 Siege-Gang Commander

4 Wild Pair
4 Coalition Relic
1 Loxodon Warhammer
4 Momentary Blink
2 Wrath of God

// Sideboard:
SB: 1 Whitemane Lion
SB: 1 Mystic Snake
SB: 1 Siege-Gang Commander
SB: 2 Wrath of God
SB: 1 True Believer
SB: 1 Viridian Shaman
SB: 1 Riftsweeper
SB: 3 Rune Snag
SB: 2 Seal of Primordium
SB: 2 Sower of Temptation

*Detail Sheet* Deck can play simply blink, but flourishes after a relatively easy drop of Wild Pair. The engines are in place (Wildmane + Wildpair) that can fetch solutions (Mystic snake, Aven Augur during upkeep, Riftwing and Venser for the obvious, Mulldrifter to grab more cards, and siege-gang for general numbers gaming) and reuse them with Blink, despite the lack of direct interaction with Pair itself. With that, anything of worth can be tutored at will to be blinked later. Lastly, SB sucks for the most part but only because I havent invested the proper testing time. Suggestions? questions? comments?
JeZeus

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my suggestion is dropping wild pair for reviellark since its way better Smile
Jacois

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you take out the Wild Pairs and add Reveillarks I'm sure people on MWSPlay will be sick of playing you pretty quickly. (because you'll be winning)

Playing a blink deck without Reveillark is like playing green without Goyf. Don't do it. You must not have ever played with it, so I'll chalk that up to ignorance.
Counterlife

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, its not a blink deck per se. Pair came before blink and was ok, but with blink I dropped Foresee because I could simply blink Mulldrifter and draw. if I change too much, I may as well just netdeck a list.
da_penguin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

why not just play a deck where u like win with wildpair instead of playing stupid 2/2s play like grinning ingus, forcemage, hellkites, riders or smt seems better.
Vedrfolner

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I built a deck like that. It used Whitemane Lion, Primal Forcemage and Ashcoat Bear as 2/2's to get multiple Hellkites (and one of that flash Angel) into play at eot or in response to stuff. The rest was acceleration and Harmonize. All that mana-fetch allowed me to splash a couple of red mana for hardcasting kites in a pinch.
JeZeus

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The deck is neat and all, but it will probably remain casual Sad
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1