Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Enchantment question

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Magic Rulings
Boba383

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 11:46 pm    Post subject: Enchantment question Reply with quote

If i have an enchantress's presence in play and play an utopia sprawl that my opponent counters, do i still draw a card from presence or no?
Noremac
Level 2 Judge

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, presence triggers when you play an enchantment spell, not when it resolves. Whether or not its countered is irrelevant
Boba383

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

alright that made sense to me when he pointed that out (i didnt realize this actually...of course they let me kno after the game was over lol. i still won though so it was fine) i just wanted to make sure b4 i sound like an idiot to someone else lol
Hardtrack

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He was actually cheating by not telling you during the game. Enchantress's Presence draw is mandatory and if he knew you should have drawn a card, he should have told you.
Boba383

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ya he admitted to that too (i simply didnt know) but it was just a casual game so it wasnt that big of a deal to me. now if we had been playin a rated game or in a mini and he beat me then told me that might have made me mad but ya. (haha frankly im just happy to know that now. its quite useful actually)
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Magic Rulings All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1