Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Topic Locked?

Goto page 1, 2  Next

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> General Magic-League Issues
Fanboy

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 4:54 am    Post subject: Topic Locked? Reply with quote

Ok...so I just had another thread get locked. My question is...how do I discuss Magic League issues when every time I do, Magic League locks it?

I sent an email over this...I hope that's the answer.

My last thread involved why I was leaving the community, I followed rules and did everything to be unnegative to Magic League. I dare say, the reasons I kept quite out of respect seem to be very clear by this move.
lennin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it was locked bc no one cares. honestly if you dont want to play on m-l thats your choice, but people on m-l arent going to tell you where to go play if you want to play somewhere find it yourself, or go here but the the site is mostly in italian or smt www.magicblog.tk

Last edited by lennin on Mon Jan 14, 2008 5:15 am; edited 1 time in total
Ggerg

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

while part of me agrees with u here...the rest knows that it's just a damned web site with free services
Fanboy

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

true it is free. And thats why I respected them.
Fanboy

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 5:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lennin wrote:
it was locked bc no one cares. honestly if you dont want to play on m-l thats your choice, but people on m-l arent going to tell you where to go play if you want to play somewhere find it yourself, or go here but the the site is mostly in italian or smt www.magicblog.tk
Thanks for the site, unfortunately i can't read Italian, so i'll see if I can manage or I'll just have to tread through google.
Black_Dog

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ya know I run a PW server for NWN with about 10 other active DMs and a DEV team. We're the most popular server for Neverwinter Nights. But some people will post about other servers, etc on our forums b/c they get mad at the DM's or DeV team for certain nerfs, decisions, whatever.

We lock their topics too when they start talking about "I'm leaving. I want to know another server thats good, anyone know?"

Now while I do agree that perhaps a higher profile could be nice for the over-all M-L that's a seperate issue.

But it was said earlier in the topic. Free Magic. You can actually win enough cash to buy a dual land. Test (even though the Meta is fooked) and meet hoards of assjerks and some cool people too.

If you don't like it, leave and dont tell others that you don't like it and are leaving.

Just go and quit with the foreplay, baby. No one likes a Tease. Arrow
Fanboy

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Black_Dog wrote:
ya know I run a PW server for NWN with about 10 other active DMs and a DEV team. We're the most popular server for Neverwinter Nights. But some people will post about other servers, etc on our forums b/c they get mad at the DM's or DeV team for certain nerfs, decisions, whatever.

We lock their topics too when they start talking about "I'm leaving. I want to know another server thats good, anyone know?"

Now while I do agree that perhaps a higher profile could be nice for the over-all M-L that's a seperate issue.

But it was said earlier in the topic. Free Magic. You can actually win enough cash to buy a dual land. Test (even though the Meta is fooked) and meet hoards of assjerks and some cool people too.

If you don't like it, leave and dont tell others that you don't like it and are leaving.

Just go and quit with the foreplay, baby. No one likes a Tease. Arrow
Well I don't know where to leave to. I'm aware that some people here play on multiple communities. So I'm hoping maybe someone can point me somewhere.

I'm also making my departure known in hopes that eventually there will be change as a LOT of people are leaving this site due to the issues. Keep in mind, they don't provide the free magic, they promote a tournament system for the free magic. While I still love that aspect, I've been treated with such disrespect and had to endure so many incoherent users and judges that it's becoming too much of an issue. It seems as though no complaints are ever taken into account and I'm torn between leaving or putting up with the BS for the good that there is.

I complain cause I have a small glint of hope for this site. It's a great idea. But, like many others, I'm half tempted to use my web knowledge to make a rival site that will be minus the disrespect and negligence. I don't wanna have to do that.

There is a LOT of potential in this site and the fact that no other site really rivals them gives them the power to do something bigger. They could make a lot of money with this site and still provide the free services it does. But, that will never happen with the way it's currently handled.

Last edited by Fanboy on Mon Jan 14, 2008 6:13 am; edited 1 time in total
pnk

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 6:13 am    Post subject: re Reply with quote

Stop crying nerd... everyone got cheated here before and u're the only one crying... go die on a fire maybe...
Fanboy

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 6:15 am    Post subject: Re: re Reply with quote

pnk wrote:
Stop crying nerd... everyone got cheated here before and u're the only one crying... go die on a fire maybe...
No, I'm not the only one with complaints. A LOT of people have left the site for same reasons I am. If anything I'm trying to alert the site to the issue before this all shuts down as an inevitability.
lennin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

go ahead make another site mayb when you do you will realise its a lot more work than you thnk and will stop being a whiney baby. omg someone disrespected me online i hate myself cry me a fuckign river loser.
derflippi
Level 4 Judge

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe it wasn't your topic that got locked, more to what the discussion in the thread lead to.
Fanboy

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CMA-Flippi wrote:
Maybe it wasn't your topic that got locked, more to what the discussion in the thread lead to.
possibly. I was not given a reason. Which bothers me. I'm really just lookin for a way to work with this site. I seem to always be arguing with judges and I'm always given the "tough luck" response.

I try as hard as I can to follow rules here and it never fails that minimum once a week I get called on something. It seems that I'm not even allowed to discuss things on this site at all!
lennin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mayb there is a reason your arguing with judges?
Fanboy

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lennin wrote:
mayb there is a reason your arguing with judges?
Yes, but often the judges are ruling me on things NOT listed anywhere on the site and I find it very aggravating to spend hours on a tournament then suddenly get shafted by something I could not have forseen (Ican't tell you how many times I deserved top 8 masters). Times like this, it's not my fault and when I ask where I can find these rulings to avoid it in the future, I'm often kicked or ignored. How are people supposed to follow rules that go unmentioned and unlisted?

An example would be the past thread. I read through all rulings, and there is nothing stating what was said in room was worthy of getting it locked. It would be VERY nice to see a list to reference and not see judgement calls dictating the activity of the site to unaware users.
mTk-Away
Level 3 Judge

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Every ruling can't be written somewhere. That's why we have judges to rule situations, and they are required (yes, "required", not "allowed") to use their own consideration in all judgings. Listing all rules would be really hard and it would take tons of time (which leads again into this thing being free, and being ran by volunteers), and in the end it could lead into Azorius style judgement that just plain aren't fair. The bottom line is that your ruling is common knowledge and in every way it really was your fault. You even skipped your right to appeal and came raging here in the forums instead...

Then about the "other leagues" topic, then.
I assume you understand ML's opinion about not advertising other leagues (if such even exist, I really don't know). The master prices and web server bills aren't paid by washing dishes. It's no big secret that this league is mostly supported by ads, and to put it really simple, more users means more ad income.

And for the last: Whining to the community members really doesn't help anything. If you have a suggestion for the staff, use e-mail or talk about it in #judges4you. Your e-mails might not get answered, but they WILL be read. Yelling around in forums leads nowhere, unless you want your topics locked or worse.
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> General Magic-League Issues All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2