Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Tom LaPille - **** or not?

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> General Magic-League Issues

Do you think that Tom LaPille is an ****?
Yes
50%
 50%  [ 6 ]
No
50%
 50%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 12

thranarama

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 4:55 am    Post subject: Tom LaPille - **** or not? Reply with quote

Alright, I have been reading this guy's articles for the past few weeks and heard him talk on Evan Erwin's "Magic Show" (Great job Evan, keep up the good work). Anyway, am i just crazy or is this guy a complete ****? He always seems so pompous and acts like he is the best player anywhere. He makes it seem like the people who are trying to have fun are wasting their time and that the only way to play this game is competitively. Being an avid tournament player myself, people like him are really annoying to me. I do my best to be an upstanding guy, because assholes are what push new people away from the game. Maybe I'm just being crazy, but something about this guy just rubs me the wrong way, so I'll ask you guys if you agree or not.
god1801

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I say no he is not. Also i don't particularly care for evan erwin. He strikes me as a casual player that goes to tournaments. Don't get me wrong i like his show and what it has done as far as another form of media for the magic community but if you think you're getting anything other than casual gold from his shows you are mistaken.

Jeremiah Nelson
lennin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i dont think hes an **** its just the tone of his voice, i understand how u can see him being an ass but i personnally dont think so.
Black_Dog

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i like the show but Erwins a hick.

Tom's an **** in real life. Good player though and most important, he does his homework, which is what PTQ's and the PT are all about.

Who cares if he's out to kill and not to have fun? I hate guys like that too but I'd be lying that everytime I show up in RL for a tourney I wasn't out for blood.

It's whats so liberating about M-L. I can actually show up and play rogue decks in Trials and not worry about my rating.

Edit: actually its funny. I just asked 3 people on Skype who've met him also and they seem to hate his guts. The best part about all of this, is that if you really want to deflate someones ego...just remind them that it's over magic cards...

Last edited by Black_Dog on Fri Jan 11, 2008 7:20 am; edited 2 times in total
Tewl

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been around him in real life and I have to agree that he is a dick. My friend beat him in the top 8 of some ptq 2-0 and he proceeded to rant about how he was such an awful person who sucks at magic, and he told him to die in a grease fire =/ I'd have to say that pompous does apply.
Tewl

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

P.S. I have a story about Evan Erwin also. I was playing vs. his girlfriend at some tourney in Loisville, and he called a judge on me even though he was not in the match. He didn't notice that I tapped 1 extra mana and converted my prismatic lens so I could have double black, and before I could tell him what I did he called a judge over and said I was trying to cheat. That pissed me off since he wasn't even in our match, and I took joy in beating her 2-0 xD. Atleast he apologized afterwards which redeemed him, so I'm not saying he's an awful person, but you really shouldn't call a judge on another person's match, especially if you aren't 100% sure that what you're calling him for is right or not.
lennin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

your right you shouldnt call a judge all the time but if you think someones trying to cheat you should call a judge even if ypur not in the match. erwin is also really bad at magic so it doesnt matter. mayb tom lapille is an ass oh well there are some people like that if everyone acted the same the world would be rly weird, kinda like deja vu all day.
Tewl

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, you should atleast be smart enough to figure out if they are actually cheating or not before you call a judge, I mean when i tap 4 mana for a 3 cc spell, 1 is a lens, and i even told his gf that i was converting it to B he just didn't hear me @.@. I guess we'll just mark that one up to stupidity
Bigshow

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

see, thats the thing with virginity. If you don't lose it, you become an arrogant ****, who believes that they are always right, or better.

Now then. Seeing that this guy plays magic for a living, and probably hasn't ever had alcohol consumption ever in his life. If the sex, and alcohol were to affect him, then he would be just like, Howard Stern...but not as cool.

Back to Magic. Who the fuck still plays this game? Well, besides us. If you are arrogant about magic, like, Jean Chretian or another EX Prime Minister of some sort, then well... You lack all hope entierly.

Now that, back to hookers. Hookers give you love...and maybe some sort of scratching problem. But they will love you...at the 150 dollar range...for twenty minutes...unless your a premature...ejac.

Thats my 5 nickles...Canadian Nickles.
Cheers
Bigshow
Ro

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ofcourse he is not an **** man, he caught cpal cheating and let it know to the whole world.

Great lad.
sgt_pepper
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigShow said everything what needs to be said ^^
Craze

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wtf is Tom LaPille?
Tewl

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LoL at Bigshow
derflippi
Level 4 Judge

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

personal differences can be taken in pms or elsewhere, thank you.
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> General Magic-League Issues All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1