Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

RB Husk and a sad story


Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
 
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
Author Message
Boba383



Joined: 26 Sep 2005
Posts: 72

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 2:07 pm    Post subject: RB Husk and a sad story Reply with quote

Ok first of all here is the deck...I like the deck a lot for the most part, but in somoe games I just feel like I roll over to them. and it's not even to a specific deck. Just sometimes I never draw anything, and other games my opponent has almost no chance. So heres the deck, available for flaming or helpful criticism (and id prefer the latter)

//NAME:
4 Mogg Fanatic
4 Nantuko Husk
3 Siege-Gang Commander
4 Sulfurous Springs
4 Epochrasite
4 Graven Cairns
3 Auntie's Hovel
1 Liliana Vess
2 Makeshift Mannequin
4 Profane Command
4 Shriekmaw
5 Mountain
5 Swamp
1 Pendelhaven
4 Greater Gargadon
2 Kher Keep
4 Mogg War Marshal
2 Molten Slagheap
// Sideboard:
SB: 2 Grave Pact
SB: 4 Thoughtseize
SB: 1 Fatal Frenzy
SB: 4 Avalanche Riders
SB: 1 Void
SB: 3 Word of Seizing



and as a side note, why are people such sore losers and so rude on this game?? (i dont mean everyone, but there are enough that it makes this game sumwhat unenjoyable). for instance i was playing with this deck, and my opponent was playing skred red with stuffy doll. I had figured this out from the kinds of spells he was playing and so on, so I decided to race him (I drew a good hand) and as insurance I had a Profane Command in my hand to kill any dolls he had. I had him down to about 12 life when he finally was able to play Doll, and the next turn I was going to be able to kill him with a husk I had played the turn b4 if it wasnt for doll...well i used my command on the doll and then he/she (most likely he) got all pissy, make a token card named Noob with a description of fag and told me to f off and left....rele what is with people like this?? im sorry i knew how to beat his deck but still....lol well not so srry i just get tired of playing ppl like this
Back to top
Knightmarex



Joined: 20 Oct 2007
Posts: 9

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't really comment on the deck, though I'd like to say I definitely agree with you that there are a lot of assholes on mws, and it would be nice if that would change, but I highly doubt it.
Back to top
Vedrfolner



Joined: 04 Apr 2006
Posts: 2325

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't played your deck, but here is a deck of mine, which is similar:

4 Mogg Fanatic
4 Nether Traitor
4 Mogg War-Marshall
4 Nantuko Husk
3 Siege-Gang Commander
4 Greater Gargadon
4 Grave Pact
2 Profane Command
4 Incinerate
4 Rift Bolt

4 Graven Cairns
1 Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth
4 Sulfurous Springs
1 Kher Keep
4 Auntie's Hovel
6 Swamp
3 Mountain

This setup is quite basic, but even before I started tuning the deck, it was quite clear from testing that while aggro had a very hard time against this deck, control didn't have that much trouble. The deck is actually quite slow and plays like a control deck, and then the lack of disruption against control becomes abundantly clear as the game approaches mid-to late phases.

Your deck, although not so anti-aggro based, have some of the same problems. If the opponent can deal with Commander, Husk and Gargadon, you are in big trouble. Also, 4 Shriekmaw and 4 Profane Command are both a little too much. Play 4 Shriekmaw only when you know you are going to Evoke one and hardcast another with the desired effect. Against black and artifact creatures, you are almost defenseless! You don't normally want 2 Profane Commands in hand, as they are really best in the late game and are mana-intensive.

The Mannequins seems a little random, as the Shriekmaws are circumstantial and Siege-Gang good enough on its own.

26 lands? This may explain why you draw nothing some games...

If you draw small creatures and no sacrifice outlet, or big creatures and nothing to sacrifice, you must mull.
Back to top
Avata



Joined: 03 Dec 2006
Posts: 407

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My suggestion to avoid jerk-ish players is to play league games on this site. It won't get rid of every jerk player out there, but it will get rid of a lot of them - a lot of people will only be jerks when they can do so with no consequences. League games have consequences - if a player is consistently a pain, they'll receive warnings and possibly even a ban, and at the very least you know not to play with them again.
Back to top
BusDriver



Joined: 28 Jan 2006
Posts: 133

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol @ the token thing
Back to top
Boba383



Joined: 26 Sep 2005
Posts: 72

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ya about the 26 lands...only problem in playtesting is somehow i end up short on lands sometimes (I blame this personally on MWS shuffler) and other times i get flooded.

makeshift has helped me quite a bit in some games. for instance if im forced to block with a husk at some point (or it gets destroyed) i can bring it back or make a lethal one turn attack by bringing seige-gang commander back out. its worked for me in playtesting so i dont think im gona change that (plus with only two its not a cornerstone of the deck or anything. i can survive without it)

and ya 4 commands probably is a bit much. ill drop one at least...only thing is im not sure what to replace it with

@ Busdriver, ya the token is funny but its just plain annoying when someone does something like that. Just bcuz u lost a game to someone using a deck thats not rele popular at all (and your using a complete netdeck) does not warrant calling someone a fag and a noob bcuz u got quite litterally dominated. plus its not like this deck is a complete noob deckc nywayz...its just makes me mad running into sore losers like that
Back to top
lennin
Guest





PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dont play vs randoms on mws most of them are really bad dont know the rules and dont speak good english and play shit decks and are very bad so there is no point in testing vs them bc they make u play worse.
Back to top
Boba383



Joined: 26 Sep 2005
Posts: 72

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

haha i kno a lot of them dont have social skills...lol well some of us dont. i personally dont spend a lot of time playin magic cuz ive got other stuff im doin usually but still even when i was a super nerd back when i was 13-14 i wasnt rude...just timid. haha ya i just like the story though its pretty funny.

ya singleton lilianna was just kinda random...wasnt rele meant to b there for much of nything and it rele is worthless against aggro. hmm im thinkin about droppin to 24 lands and 3 commands, gettin rid of lilianna.....hmmm so 4 more spots....ny good ideas for what to fit in?? i dont kno if i should just put in 4 burn spells...it could work though. sometimes im just 2 or 3 damage away from killin sumone and i just stall out (haha sumtimes im lucky enough to topdeck a command at that point)
Back to top
Craze



Joined: 30 Jan 2005
Posts: 5676
Location: Indiana, U

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vedrfolner wrote:
I haven't played your deck, but here is a deck of mine, which is similar:

4 Mogg Fanatic
4 Nether Traitor
4 Mogg War-Marshall
4 Nantuko Husk
3 Siege-Gang Commander
4 Greater Gargadon
4 Grave Pact
2 Profane Command
4 Incinerate
4 Rift Bolt

4 Graven Cairns
1 Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth
4 Sulfurous Springs
1 Kher Keep
4 Auntie's Hovel
6 Swamp
3 Mountain

This setup is quite basic, but even before I started tuning the deck, it was quite clear from testing that while aggro had a very hard time against this deck, control didn't have that much trouble. The deck is actually quite slow and plays like a control deck, and then the lack of disruption against control becomes abundantly clear as the game approaches mid-to late phases.

Your deck, although not so anti-aggro based, have some of the same problems. If the opponent can deal with Commander, Husk and Gargadon, you are in big trouble. Also, 4 Shriekmaw and 4 Profane Command are both a little too much. Play 4 Shriekmaw only when you know you are going to Evoke one and hardcast another with the desired effect. Against black and artifact creatures, you are almost defenseless! You don't normally want 2 Profane Commands in hand, as they are really best in the late game and are mana-intensive.

The Mannequins seems a little random, as the Shriekmaws are circumstantial and Siege-Gang good enough on its own.

26 lands? This may explain why you draw nothing some games...

If you draw small creatures and no sacrifice outlet, or big creatures and nothing to sacrifice, you must mull.


I'm just wondering if it occurs to you that his deck is better then yours. Like seriously, and the reason I say this is cause your deck actually seems to rely more on the husk strategy, while his deck can alter.
Grave Pact is 1BBBB which means at best your playing it turn 3, and unlike a better card like Damnation, Grave Pact is mostly situational on you have Nantuko Husk, and them not out drawing you in creatures.
Neither Traitor is like most of your other cards, really depending on Husk. Alone its a bad card, its pretty to look at, the whole come back to play thing, but Epochrasite is soo much better.

Boba383 wrote:
Ok first of all here is the deck...I like the deck a lot for the most part, but in somoe games I just feel like I roll over to them. and it's not even to a specific deck. Just sometimes I never draw anything, and other games my opponent has almost no chance. So heres the deck, available for flaming or helpful criticism (and id prefer the latter)

//NAME:
4 Mogg Fanatic
4 Nantuko Husk
3 Siege-Gang Commander
4 Sulfurous Springs
4 Epochrasite
4 Graven Cairns
3 Auntie's Hovel
1 Liliana Vess
2 Makeshift Mannequin
4 Profane Command
4 Shriekmaw
5 Mountain
5 Swamp
1 Pendelhaven
4 Greater Gargadon
2 Kher Keep
4 Mogg War Marshal
2 Molten Slagheap
// Sideboard:
SB: 2 Grave Pact
SB: 4 Thoughtseize
SB: 1 Fatal Frenzy
SB: 4 Avalanche Riders
SB: 1 Void
SB: 3 Word of Seizing



and as a side note, why are people such sore losers and so rude on this game?? (i dont mean everyone, but there are enough that it makes this game sumwhat unenjoyable). for instance i was playing with this deck, and my opponent was playing skred red with stuffy doll. I had figured this out from the kinds of spells he was playing and so on, so I decided to race him (I drew a good hand) and as insurance I had a Profane Command in my hand to kill any dolls he had. I had him down to about 12 life when he finally was able to play Doll, and the next turn I was going to be able to kill him with a husk I had played the turn b4 if it wasnt for doll...well i used my command on the doll and then he/she (most likely he) got all pissy, make a token card named Noob with a description of fag and told me to f off and left....rele what is with people like this?? im sorry i knew how to beat his deck but still....lol well not so srry i just get tired of playing ppl like this


I like your deck alot. I agree that 26 lands is a bit overkill and you should cut 2-3.

I made a deck mostly off yours that you should look at:

// NAME: BR Aggro

// Lands
5 [LRW] Mountain (1)
6 [LRW] Swamp (1)
4 [10E] Sulfurous Springs
2 [TSP] Molten Slagheap
1 [TSP] Swarmyard
1 [TSB] Pendelhaven
4 [LRW] Auntie's Hovel

// Creatures
4 [FUT] Epochrasite
4 [TSP] Greater Gargadon
3 [10E] Mogg Fanatic
3 [TSP] Mogg War Marshal
3 [10E] Nantuko Husk
3 [10E] Siege-Gang Commander
3 [LRW] Shriekmaw

// Spells
4 [TSP] Rift Bolt
4 [10E] Incinerate
3 [LRW] Makeshift Mannequin
3 [LRW] Profane Command

// Sideboard
SB: 2 [10E] Grave Pact
SB: 2 [PLC] Damnation
SB: 2 [PLC] Extirpate
SB: 2 [10E] Threaten
SB: 3 [10E] Pithing Needle
SB: 4 [LRW] Liliana Vess

The sb is tutor with Vess. Although you might wanna change it.
outside of that I tried keeping the deck most of the same. I love Swarmyard idea, think its brilliant. Burn I find is generally the reason your supposed to run red. It can be creature removal, and take alot off your opponents life at the right times.
I cut tuko down to three mostly because I strongly believe that a deck should NOT rely on him. A well placed extirpate should not gg you. I like makeshift in this deck, at best case it brings an instant discarded/countered 9/7 out to play. At worst it revives you War Marshall or a Fanatic, both as you probably know can be extremely helpful by themselves. And while I think Profane command shouldn't be 4, I'd never cut it below three. Most people only see it as a fireball. I see it as a mannequen and a last gasp combined.
Back to top
Craze



Joined: 30 Jan 2005
Posts: 5676
Location: Indiana, U

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh and as for the story. I love when people flame me after I beat them.
Them: Your deck is crap, noob.
Me: Doesn't say much about you, loser.
Them: ...
Me: Ignored for being a failure.

Then they go on for about 5 minutes till they finally realize I wasn't joking about ignoring them. So they trash talk you in #magic-league and everyone else yells at them for being a dumbass and if your lucky enough their banned for misconduct. Ah what a wonderful game this is.
Back to top
Craze



Joined: 30 Jan 2005
Posts: 5676
Location: Indiana, U

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not_I wrote:
Maindeck 4 gravepacts.
Have your ever drawn a pact and thought, i really dont need this? Me neither.


have you ever drawn a pact with one in play, and your oppenents having no creatures and thought "wow great topdeck?" me neither.

Have you ever drew a pact with no greater or tuko in play and being outnumbered in creatures thought "Man I wish this was a Damnation?"
I never have because I don't run crap like Grave Pact.
Back to top
Craze



Joined: 30 Jan 2005
Posts: 5676
Location: Indiana, U

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lennin wrote:
dont play vs randoms on mws most of them are really bad dont know the rules and dont speak good english and play shit decks and are very bad so there is no point in testing vs them bc they make u play worse.


lennin wrote:
testing vs them bc they make u play worse.


Thank You

lennin's deck wrote:

//NAME: UB Mannequin
4 Underground River
1 Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth
1 Urza's Factory
4 River of Tears
4 Snow-Covered Swamp
4 Faerie Conclave
2 Mouth of Ronom
5 Snow-Covered Island
3 Vesuvan Shapeshifter
4 Mulldrifter
4 Shadowmage Infiltrator
2 Brine Elemental
4 Shriekmaw
4 Riftwing Cloudskate
2 Damnation
3 Mind Stone
3 Cryptic Command
2 Profane Command
4 Makeshift Mannequin
SB: 2 Damnation
SB: 4 Thoughtseize
SB: 2 Persuasion
SB: 2 Pithing Needle
SB: 2 Liliana Vess
SB: 3 Nameless Inversion


And Have A Nice Day!
Back to top
Craze



Joined: 30 Jan 2005
Posts: 5676
Location: Indiana, U

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SiRpOpTart15 wrote:
seriously md 3-4 gravepact, and only need around 2 commands, also maybe add 1-2 molten disaster.


molten disaster is more mana intensive then profane command. Oh and much worse.

And Gravepact main is retarded, because if you start playing against decks like mannequin or MUC - its a total dead card.
Back to top
Avata



Joined: 03 Dec 2006
Posts: 407

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SiRpOpTart15 wrote:
seriously md 3-4 gravepact, and only need around 2 commands, also maybe add 1-2 molten disaster.


Yeah, running a deck with BBB1 and RRRX in the casting costs is a great idea.
Back to top
Craze



Joined: 30 Jan 2005
Posts: 5676
Location: Indiana, U

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Avata wrote:
SiRpOpTart15 wrote:
seriously md 3-4 gravepact, and only need around 2 commands, also maybe add 1-2 molten disaster.


Yeah, running a deck with BBB1 and RRRX in the casting costs is a great idea.


Thank You
Back to top
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

 


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All content on this page may not be reproduced without consent of Magic-League Directors.
Magic the Gathering is TM and copyright Wizards of the Coast, Inc, a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc. All rights reserved.


About Us | Contact Us | Privacy Policy