Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

3 things you should probably know about...


Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
 
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
Author Message
Craze



Joined: 30 Jan 2005
Posts: 5676
Location: Indiana, U

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 7:49 pm    Post subject: 3 things you should probably know about... Reply with quote

This is the 3 most obvious and common facts about T2 right now, yet soo many players do not know them.
For all those reading this that in fact do know them, good for you. Link people that fail to understand one of the following here:

We'll start with the least annoying and work up.

3. Eyeblight Ending can not kill Llanowar Elves.
I can not tell you how many people try eyeblight ending elves ir to you attaching hammer. Its fucking ridiculous.
And while were at it, Faerie Trickery can not counter Nameless Inversion. Seriously people stop trying it.

2. Swath Storm in no way is or really ever was viable
Alot of people will shoot me for saying this merely cause its an easy win to play against. But kids the only reason it did so well at worlds is that no one expected it. We expect it now. Your not gonna win. Maybe at your backwater FNM, but not here. Move on, I have.

and finally number 1.
Tarfire CANNOT EVER KILL TARMOGOYF BY ITSELF
This does not just go for tarfire.
-If you have a creature in the graveyard and a goyf is a 1/2, Nameless Inversion can not kill goyf.
-Profane Command for three with no sorceries in the graveyard can not kill and 2/3 goyf.
Same goes for Molten Disaster and Sulfurous Blast.
Upon attempting to kill the damn thing you first power it up and then deal it the damage thus leaving it alive and more pissed off then ever.

Well thats my big three. I'm sure other people will choose to add more obvious facts that most ML players need to learn as well.
Back to top
kendiggy



Joined: 30 Nov 2004
Posts: 441
Location: not here

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Profane Command does not kill Garruk Wildspeaker. Nor does it kill Lilianna, Jace, Ajani, Chandra or any other Planeswalker they come out with. You may redirect damage to a planeswalker. Loss of life is not damage.

You may not redirect combat damage to a Planeswalker. You may choose to attack a Planeswalker when attacking. You may also choose to attack a Planeswalker and a Player when attacking. No, a creature with trample does not trample over a Planeswalker.

Wrath of God does not kill Planeswalkers. Planeswalkers are not creatures, they are Planeswalkers. Planeswalkers only give Tarmogoyf +1/+1 if there is one in a graveyard, not +2/+2. Once again, Planeswalkers are not creatures.

These are some of the more commonly asked rules questions in #judges4you.

I'll let someone else address the Converted Mana Cost issues.
Back to top
Thorns



Joined: 16 Aug 2006
Posts: 863
Location: Rath

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is more for Extended or Legacy, but a flipped land to Counterbalance WILL counter the Pacts, any Kobolds and the no-converted-mana-cost suspend cards.

Mana cost includes color.

Converted mana cost is the total amount of colored mana plus the number in the colorless circle, if any.
Back to top
MilanG[GER]



Joined: 10 May 2006
Posts: 58

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Upon attempting to kill the damn thing you first power it up and then deal it the damage thus leaving it alive

other way around, it's just about the time statebasd effects get checked
Back to top
Craze



Joined: 30 Jan 2005
Posts: 5676
Location: Indiana, U

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...

Last edited by Craze on Tue Dec 18, 2007 10:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
Jairoe03



Joined: 12 Oct 2004
Posts: 36

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Craze wrote:
Thorns wrote:
This is more for Extended or Legacy, but a flipped land to Counterbalance WILL counter the Pacts, any Kobolds and the no-converted-mana-cost suspend cards.

Mana cost includes color.

Converted mana cost is the total amount of colored mana plus the number in the colorless circle, if any.


which forum is this? extended? No. Legacy. No

everything you say annoys me.


And everything you say is very unnecessary, rude, provocative and annoying -_- Learn to have some sportsmanship and class and rather than posting this useless ranting thread which should be deleted because it does not even fit along the lines of Standard T2 Decks, just be nice and learn to educate people about these rulings so they know the next time what to do and not to do.

If this was a means to educate people not knowing the rules, how likely are they going to find it in the first place. The usefulness of this thread is very contestable and if it was any useful, it belongs in a different section, not a section meant to be about T2 decks perhaps a section about rulings and what people should know. And if you do need to link people anywhere about rulings theres always www.wizards.com/magic
Back to top
Craze



Joined: 30 Jan 2005
Posts: 5676
Location: Indiana, U

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jairoe03 wrote:
[
If this was a means to educate people not knowing the rules, how likely are they going to find it in the first place. The usefulness of this thread is very contestable and if it was any useful, it belongs in a different section, not a section meant to be about T2 decks perhaps a section about rulings and what people should know. And if you do need to link people anywhere

about rulings theres always www.wizards.com/magic


ummm...

TomW wrote:
This is the 3 most obvious and common facts about T2 right now, yet soo many players do not know them.
For all those reading this that in fact do know them, good for you. Link people that fail to understand one of the following here:


Reading is Tech.


Last edited by Craze on Tue Dec 18, 2007 10:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
BALLA_STATUS



Joined: 19 Jan 2007
Posts: 67

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know how many times i've had people with lethal damage to me on the board, use a pact to make sure it gets through, and then untap, sometimes even skip the draw, and just turn the creatures sideways, completely forgetting to pay for the pact.
Back to top
Craze



Joined: 30 Jan 2005
Posts: 5676
Location: Indiana, U

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nameless inversion is +3/-3 not -3/-3
Back to top
YTheAlien



Joined: 22 Mar 2007
Posts: 75

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 10:59 pm    Post subject: Re: 3 things you should probably know about... Reply with quote

Craze wrote:

2. Swath Storm in no way is or really ever was viable


I stopped reading this shitty thread here.
Back to top
Black_Dog



Joined: 29 Sep 2006
Posts: 175

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 1:45 am    Post subject: Re: 3 things you should probably know about... Reply with quote

Craze wrote:


2. Swath Storm in no way is or really ever was viable
Alot of people will shoot me for saying this merely cause its an easy win to play against. But kids the only reason it did so well at worlds is that no one expected it. We expect it now. Your not gonna win. Maybe at your backwater FNM, but not here. Move on, I have.



Once again Craze shows us that he is the voice of reason and Judge of all things right and I guess we can assume that Mayberry, Indiana is no longer counted as a "backwater FNM"... Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil

Saying Swath Storm is no longer viable is like the same dumbasses who said Belcher, TES and Iggy and Hulk Flash were a flash in the pan and just caught everyone off guard. "They actually suck and if you expect em, then you'll stop em easy..." Yeah maybe in theory or
@ yer Backwater FNM.

I don't even like Storm and think its overrated but I'm not a big enough moron to actually think it isn't viable. But yeah, Obviously Swath just falls apart everytime it comes up against you right? Pfft.
Back to top
Blah234



Joined: 19 Nov 2005
Posts: 125

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Black_Dog, we're talking about Craze here. He's arguably the worst MtG player to play this game. Why would anything HE says be taken seriously?
Back to top
xion



Joined: 12 Apr 2006
Posts: 9

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ahhh hahah owned right , He prolly wants to play ramp now hes infecting the minds of the young kids so they do not wield his arch enemy.Very Happy
Back to top
Ggerg



Joined: 04 Sep 2005
Posts: 632

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i laugh when i think about craze's reactions after reading all these posts about how much of an ass he is.


a little more on topic:


212.9g If noncombat damage would be dealt to a player by a source controlled by an opponent, that opponent may have that source deal that damage to a planeswalker the first player controls instead. This is a redirection effect (see rule 419.6c) and is subject to the normal rules for ordering replacement effects (see rule 419.9). The opponent chooses whether to redirect the damage as the redirection effect is applied.
Back to top
Black_Dog



Joined: 29 Sep 2006
Posts: 175

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah. You don't have to choose where your damage (non combat that is) goes until the damage phase. Thanks for posting that cause I'll use that the next time some ass tries to flame me for not knowing the rules.

Last edited by Black_Dog on Wed Dec 19, 2007 5:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

 


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All content on this page may not be reproduced without consent of Magic-League Directors.
Magic the Gathering is TM and copyright Wizards of the Coast, Inc, a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc. All rights reserved.


About Us | Contact Us | Privacy Policy