Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Zur the Enchanter

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Magic Rulings
Acid_Christ

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 7:10 pm    Post subject: Zur the Enchanter Reply with quote

Zur the Enchanter
1WUB
Legendary Creature - Human Wizard
1/4
Flying
Whenever Zur the Enchanter attacks, you may search your library for an enchantment card with converted mana cost 3 or less and put it into play. If you do, shuffle your library.

Erayo, Soratami Ascendant
1U
Legendary Creature - Moonfolk Monk
1/1
Flying
Whenever the fourth spell of a turn is played, flip Erayo, Soratami Ascendant.
//////
Erayo's Essence
---
Legendary Enchantment
Whenever an opponent plays a spell for the first time in a turn, counter that spell.

Wondering if Zur could get the Erayo's Essence and put it into play?
therooster

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, the Erayo's Essence will only exist when it is in play and flipped from Erayo.
MaksymG

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

therooster I wonder if you are mistaken. I am not positive but it seems to me that split cards exist as both parts of the card, that is both sides are seen by spells (lets say you need to search for a red car you may search for fire/ice even though at the moment that you play fire it is ONLY red) so i wonder if it is not the same for flip cards, the other side may not have a mana cost so you cannot actually play it (similar to lotus bloom) by paying the mana cost but why would you not be able to search it out with something that searches an enchantment.

On a slightly relevant note, can you search out fire, and then search out ice with a signle copy of gifts ungiven.
lennin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

a split card is very different from a flip card
LoneWulf

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry ron but I don't see what Gifts has to do with the question at hand.

therooster is correct. The only was to get Erayo's Essence is by flipping Erayo, Soratami Ascendant.
Gorbadoc

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just before Ron's post, MaksymG wrote:
On a slightly relevant note, can you search out fire, and then search out ice with a signle copy of gifts ungiven.

Rolling Eyes
Hardtrack

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No. The name of the card is Fire/Ice. You only ignore one half when it's on the stack.
LoneWulf

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hardtrack wrote:
No. The name of the card is Fire/Ice. You only ignore one half when it's on the stack.

Yeah ronjeremyjr already covered this...but once again what does this have to do with Zur/Erayo?
acartizle

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahem,

Quote:
508.1b

The bottom half of a flip card contains an alternative name, text box, type line, power, and toughness. These characteristics are used only if the permanent is in play and only if the permanent has been flipped.

edit: this literally took me thirty seconds to find with google and copy paste......no comment.
LoneWulf

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

acartizle wrote:
Ahem,

Quote:
508.1b

The bottom half of a flip card contains an alternative name, text box, type line, power, and toughness. These characteristics are used only if the permanent is in play and only if the permanent has been flipped.

edit: this literally took me thirty seconds to find with google and copy paste......no comment.

Congratulations! But therooster correctly answered this a week ago and I seconded it 2 days later.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Magic Rulings All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1