Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sonic Boom

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks

Sonic Boom fun?
Yay.
57%
 57%  [ 22 ]
Nay.
42%
 42%  [ 16 ]
Total Votes : 38

bl0t

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 7:51 pm    Post subject: Sonic Boom Reply with quote

In all honesty, why do people play this deck for fun?

Sure, its strong, but my god its the most boring pile of shit to play.. with or against.
kendiggy

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you ever countered your opponent's shriekmaw with Guile in play? If not, then now I know why you think this deck is not fun.
Thorns

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Draw-go decks are inherently boring to play, as all the pretty much do is draw and pass... Reactive decks tend to stretch the game and if something exciting is about to happen, counterspells make sure it doesn't. Then they win the game. I personally hate draw-go. There's nothing like a good early better. Fortunately for us, most control decks pack aggro elements nonetheless, making the game that much more fun.
Avata

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's all a matter of what you find "fun." I love playing control decks (although I prefer control decks with more options, like teachings). I like the fact that your opponent has to make his information known by committing things to the board while you get to keep most of your information hidden (in your hand). I like the fact that I'll have the opportunity to out-think your opponent in the late game. I like the fact that I typically have the inevitability in a matchup. All these things are "fun" to me.

You know what I find boring? Aggro vs. Aggro matchups, where the round is over in 15 minutes and you have to spend half an hour doing nothing. That's boring.
rdeg87

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im sorry but playing a control deck requires you to be way more involved in the game than playing aggro. It requires so much more concentration and thought.
i.e not boring
Now last time I checked playing a control deck isnt boring, its playing against them that is, because some obnoxious guy decides to ruin all your goblin fun with a counter spell
Ggerg

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Im sorry but playing a control deck requires you to be way more involved in the game than playing aggro. It requires so much more concentration and thought.
i.e not boring
Now last time I checked playing a control deck isnt boring, its playing against them that is, because some obnoxious guy decides to ruin all your goblin fun with a counter spell

exactly!
lennin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

playing aggro isnt exactly as easy as everyone says, sure u can auto pilot it but theres a lot of shit going on when u play aggro
center
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Playing control decks can be hard, but Sonic Boom is not one of them. It is rather easy to pilot, although the mirror can be hard, just about every other match is rather straight forward.
Thorns

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

center425 wrote:
Playing control decks can be hard, but Sonic Boom is not one of them. It is rather easy to pilot, although the mirror can be hard, just about every other match is rather straight forward.

Knowing what to counter and when is not as easy as it might seem. You need to plan ahead all the time.
center
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thorns wrote:
center425 wrote:

Knowing what to counter and when is not as easy as it might seem. You need to plan ahead all the time.

I believe wafo-tapo said it best, If teferi cant block it or your opp wins when it resloves counter it.
KeySam

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First of all you should maybe ask to play with it or against it Wink in your vote.

So first of all i agree 100% with Center425 sonic boom is an pretty easy deck to play(vs aggro espaccaly the control mus are a bit trickier but still not that hard, well an mirror is skill entinsive as almost every other mirror is). There are/were hard or harder to play control decks like Teachings or Gifts... And for all the people saying aggro is also pretty hard to play i have to disagree if you compare it to a control deck like teachings/gifts. The more tutors you play and the more targets you have the more mistakes can be done. In an normal aggro deck(i mean real aggro no aggro control or toolbox stuff) your gameplan against control is pretty simple. Build up a thread that is
A) Large enough to be a thread and
b) small enough to play another(after wrath or thelike if they play wrath of course)

Ok you might say an control matchup wants

A) Go for trades
B) Draw their cards.

With teachings or gifts its just more complicated since a wrong pick can easily lose you the hole game. With sonic boom though you may only counter the wrong guy and dont draw into anything that may change that.

Now back to the topic. I dislike sonic boom, i think its boring to play against, thats why all my decks i build from now on will have hate cards vs it. Thats the way i handle such things, but i personally think the people should play what they like.
lennin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i agree that dekcs like teachings and gifts are harder than aggro, but ppl who ignore that while aggro can auto pilot, it takes real skill to play aggro properly, there are a lot of things going on when playing aggro, which u ppl probably ignore bc ur like ohh aggro burn burn creature burn, thats not the way ur gonna win tournaments
BALLA_STATUS

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sonic boom loses to anything that is played now, so don't bother with it
lennin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

actually its still good just everyone is hating it out
Q87

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i agree with gushatog! sonic boom lose vs the most decks played atm ... so it makes no sence to play it Cool
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4