Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Mono-R elemental (aggro?)

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
boomwolf

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 12:34 pm    Post subject: Mono-R elemental (aggro?) Reply with quote

// lands
22 Mountain
// spells
4 Browbeat
4 Incinerate
// Critters
4 Flamekin Harbinger
3 Inner-Flame Igniter
4 Smokebraider
4 Spark Elemental
3 Nova Hunter
4 Incandescent Soulstoke
4 Lightning Serpent
4 Flamekin Bladewhirl
// SB
SB: 4 Ingot Chewer
SB: 3 Glarewielder
SB: 4 Sulfur Elemental
SB: 4 Sudden Shock

The SB is a mess, I know. tips on improving it?
Ingot handy VS artifact srounding decks (combos?) deathrender might actually become a good deck.
Sulfur can be handy VS WW decks?
Sudden shock helps get through control decks. (blue ones that is)
Glarewielder....had no other idea...still have no idea...

So, tips? ideas? thoughts? mainly on my poor SB...
lennin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

browbeat sucks
XSquad

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pithing needle always is a good sb card. Manabarbs also may be another good option against control, but it is a risk with an elemental fatty deck. Browbeat is not a good card, even molten disaster is better.
boomwolf

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What are you talking about not a good card?
That thing is wonderful!
draw 3, or 5 damage.
I don't care, both are VERY powerful for 3 mana.
I usually get 3 cards. and thats what I usually want.

I really don't see why everyone underestimate it such, its a bitch to face it, if you saw it in action you would know, you get a choice, but both are really bad.

Manabards...I think I am spending alot of mana, it will backlash at me hard...

Pithing needle. great idea Xsquad.
lennin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

people have played it vs me and i laugh at them, then i beat them
boomwolf

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really? every time I play it I get a huge advantage. people always have a "damn" reaction.

got a better 3-cost for the deck?
therooster

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Needs less elementals, and more strong red cards Razz

4 Bladewhirl
4 Sulfur Elemental
4 Inner-Flame Acolyte
2 Changeling Berserker
4 Mogg Fanatic
4 Mogg War Marshal
4 Greater Gargadon

3 Threaten
4 Incinerate
4 Rift Bolt
2 Blades of Velis Vel

1 Pendelhaven
20 Mountains

go go go
Vedrfolner

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Browbeat does exactly the opposite of what you obviously think it does. When you want it to give you cards, opponent chooses damage, and when you want it to deal damage, people gives you cards. It is not a Command card. Not even close.

If you think it is the same for you what the opponent choose, you are obviously already winning the game. In a pinch, when you really need some answer or win condition, Browbeat is really really poor.
Black_Dog

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All mono red decks in T2, or really in any format now, should either Maindeck or at least Board 4 Magus of the Moon.

They either work as a chump blocker, or completely an opponents deck down the toilet.
Craze

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ya know my favorite red card right now?

Chandra Nalaar

And alot of people go it sucks. Because its a 5cc for little short term advantage. But at the same time, it puts a BIG threat on the board. Your opponent now either has to take care of it, and preferably fast. Meanwhile it deals damage or takes out any opposing creatures that might be in your way. It takes the strain off of you and can really help against opposing aggro at the same time.
boomwolf

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

therooster wrote:
Needs less elementals, and more strong red cards Razz

4 Bladewhirl
4 Sulfur Elemental
4 Inner-Flame Acolyte
2 Changeling Berserker
4 Mogg Fanatic
4 Mogg War Marshal
4 Greater Gargadon

3 Threaten
4 Incinerate
4 Rift Bolt
2 Blades of Velis Vel

1 Pendelhaven
20 Mountains

go go go

I jest hate it when noobs disregard your deck completely and build their own deck that has nothing to do with what you built.
I mean, the two lists share only 16 cards (aside mountains.) and considering both are mono-red semi-aggro, its really low sharing.

I got elemental SYNERGY cards. so "less elementals" yea. way to go publish your decklist.

Black_Dog-why? its not ravnica anymore. there is no "mass non-basic rush" who needs it? only effective against decks abusing non-basic lards, and they are not really common nowdays. its effective, but not must have.

Craze-and this works with the deck in what level? she is great, but she simply don't fit in. i don't get to 5 mana fast enough for her to be worth it.

Vedrfolner-command? never said it. but the point is I don't give a damn about what option he picks, both are jest as good for me. (and in burn decks it should be even better, as its damage or damage.) never said its a card fetcher, its not the point.
It puts PRESSURE on my opponent early on. either by refueling my hand or by dealing heavy damage. and thats all I want it to do. both "options" I give my opponent are preasure makers.

PEOPLE- if you are not going to say anything that is related to MY deck, simply sit down and go to your own deck.
(this is addressed mainly to therooster and his generic MRA)
FR33BALLA247

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chandra should be added to the deck though. she provides gas that red simply doesn't have anymore. plus, she's the best "anti-planeswalker"
Avata

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 9:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Mono-R elemental (aggro?) Reply with quote

Sorry for double post.

Last edited by Avata on Sat Nov 24, 2007 5:44 am; edited 1 time in total
Avata

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 9:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Mono-R elemental (aggro?) Reply with quote

I tried elemental-aggro for a little while, and aggro isn't really my thing, but I'll tell you what I figured out:

1. Nova chaser is good. It requires your opponent answer him immediately or die, and lets you reuse harbinger.

2. Changeling Beserker is good. Worth running two at least, just because you can't run six nova chasers.

3. You need more burn. Burn gives the deck reach, lets you clear away blockers, and is just plain good for a red aggro deck.

4. Personally, I don't like the inclusion of spark elemental or Lightning Serpent. Your most important interaction by a card being an "Elemental" is being dropped in quick with soulstoke, and neither of these really benefit from that. Spark Elemental in particular is inferior in just about every way to say, rift bolt, which gives you more options and reach at the same cost.

Here's the old list I had been working on. It's nowhere near optimal, but it's what I was going with. I'm not sure if the Hostility route is good, but by dropping it with soulstoke, I was able to get some really ridiculous wins by activate soulstoke for hostility, Incincerate (or unsuspend rift bolt) and swing for 21. Also, hardcasting a nova chaser or berserker and hiding soulstoke is a real option - your opponent can't wrath and mop you up this way.

Anyway, the list:

Land -

24 mountains or 20 mountain 4 ghitu encampment

Men

4 Smokebraider, Flamekin Harbinger, Flamekin Bladewhirl, Nova Chaser, Incandescent Soulstoke

2 Changeling Berserker, Hostility

Spells

4 - Shock, Rift Bolt, Incinerate
rdeg87

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I jest hate it when noobs disregard your deck completely and build their own deck that has nothing to do with what you built.

I think the deck he posted proves that he is not a noob, but anyway my attemp at this....

4 Incinerate
4 Rift Bolt
4 Flamekin Harbinger
4 Smokebraider
4 Incandescent Soulstoke
4 Sulfur Elemental
4 Flamekin Bladewhirl
2 Hostility
4 Shriekmaw
2 Profane Command
24 Lands
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2