Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

siege tower FNM


Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
 
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
Author Message
warwizard87



Joined: 04 Oct 2006
Posts: 201

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if you play doran i think you need to test forbbiding watchtower, its a 5/5 man land when doran is out and gr8 defense if not.
Back to top
soccertees



Joined: 07 Aug 2006
Posts: 21

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 10:14 pm    Post subject: FMN? Reply with quote

What is FMN?

Been to many an FNM! Shocked But, alas, the ever-elusive FMN has eluded my presence for years... Is it true? One must sacrifice a loved one (lotus of BETA) upon recognition of the FMN council to attend? If so, I fear I could not part with mine. Congrats to you and your obvious achievements in life and education.

Also, give wall-o-roots a shot in the dark. I personally see-not the benefit of a 5/5 for two.... but it came to me in a dream. Therefore, like FMN, it is destiny!

I believe the deck name needs upgrading. Though I take no credit for it's origin, it is a piece of genius:

Doran Doran: Hungry Like The Goyf Rolling Eyes
Back to top
warwizard87



Joined: 04 Oct 2006
Posts: 201

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i like a build like this

4 doran
4 goyf
4 birds
4 shrikmaws
2 thopter
3 teegs
4 viper
3 harbringer
3 O-rings ( mabey calls of the herd?)
3 nameless inversion
3 saffi erriks daughter

3 fobbiding watchtowers
4 gemstone mines
2 urborg
3 horizon canopys
2 caves of korlois
2 llanowar wastes
3 forest
2 swamps
2 plains



side ( just gussing sprinkle for the metagame Very Happy )
3 extrapates
4 dodecopods
3 eyes of the wisenet
3 slaughter pacts
2 wrath of gods/damanations


that seams like a good start firts off inversion is a all around good removal spell, but with doran it becoums insane, makes the guy lose toughness as well as power, if your playign black you play maw btw. The thopters are kind of cool would of never thought of them by m y self actuly. Doran makes me miss heros resolve really bad 1w for +1/+5 HELL 10/10 doran! 7/7 ornothoper...god i miss that card now.
saffi is proly needed to keep the opposing maws and wogs at bay. wall of roots is good but scince we already have guys who suck with out doran otherwise i hate adding a guy that can't sing in, albit he is acceleration and a awsome blocker.
harbringer makes a pretty good rouge elephant impresion when dorans in play, and 4 teegs are proly not neccesary. You need 1 by turn 4 not in your open hand (a teeg on turn 2 will proly get mawed, ringed, inversioned, or pacted before the wrath turn.) you want them to burn the targeted kill spell on the goyf or doran then follow it up with the teeg and another fattty.

I would concider some number of call of the herds as well i know doran don't abuse him but a 3/3 for 3 mana with only 1 being colord is pretty effeciant.
Back to top
kendiggy



Joined: 30 Nov 2004
Posts: 441
Location: not here

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Um, Wall of Roots has Defender. You're an aggro deck. You don't need Wall of Roots.

You should play Crib Swap over Oblivion Ring. Everyone and their mother is going to play enchantment removal for the ring, so as great as it will be game one, it's gonna suck game two. And Crib Swap permanently deals with Hakkon.

You should also play Wispermare in the sideboard to deal with opposing Oblivion Rings and other enchantments.
Back to top
RichardDWade



Joined: 20 Mar 2006
Posts: 438

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 9:48 am    Post subject: Re: FMN? Reply with quote

soccertees wrote:
What is FMN?

Been to many an FNM! Shocked But, alas, the ever-elusive FMN has eluded my presence for years... Is it true? One must sacrifice a loved one (lotus of BETA) upon recognition of the FMN council to attend? If so, I fear I could not part with mine. Congrats to you and your obvious achievements in life and education.

Rolling Eyes



What the fuck are you talking about?
Back to top
Tacomancer



Joined: 06 Dec 2005
Posts: 11

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 9:56 am    Post subject: Re: FMN? Reply with quote

RichardDWade wrote:
soccertees wrote:
What is FMN?

Been to many an FNM! Shocked But, alas, the ever-elusive FMN has eluded my presence for years... Is it true? One must sacrifice a loved one (lotus of BETA) upon recognition of the FMN council to attend? If so, I fear I could not part with mine. Congrats to you and your obvious achievements in life and education.

Rolling Eyes



What the fuck are you talking about?


Obv you have never been to Friday Magic Night.
Back to top
soccertees



Joined: 07 Aug 2006
Posts: 21

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 2:58 pm    Post subject: No-Diggity? - No-Doubt! Reply with quote

kendiggy wrote:
Um, Wall of Roots has Defender. You're an aggro deck. You don't need Wall of Roots.

You should play Crib Swap over Oblivion Ring. Everyone and their mother is going to play enchantment removal for the ring, so as great as it will be game one, it's gonna suck game two. And Crib Swap permanently deals with Hakkon.

You should also play Wispermare in the sideboard to deal with opposing Oblivion Rings and other enchantments.



After a long roll on the floor.... I actually admired your comment. Indeed this must be aggro! Doran is the most aggro card I've ever witnessed... LMAO again. ROTF? -not this time. I cannot imagine someone killing your BOP's and denying you a sadistic turn two drop!! If you consider this deck aggro, please inform me of your play-area as I feel many a player here will be interested in attending your "FMN" to prove your "speed-bump"edness.

Last I checked, there were a handfull of commons to ruin your BOP-Aggro strategy. Please, make this deck. Please.

If you must respond, *sigh*, Can you make an argument re: Glittering Wish and it's AGRRO intended abilities. And if you could come up with the reason this deck doesn't roll over and DIE to a lone Pyroclasm. It would be greatly appreciated... Best of luck to you and your fellow FMN'ers!

Have we not heard of the GOYF? Seems like an auto to me... (NM. Not considered AGGRO enough...)
Back to top
Firebelly



Joined: 30 Sep 2004
Posts: 18

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i was thinking the same thing when i read someone talking about kendiggy <3 engrish's post
Back to top
soccertees



Joined: 07 Aug 2006
Posts: 21

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 10:51 pm    Post subject: Re: No-Diggity? - No-Doubt! Reply with quote

Engrishskill wrote:
soccertees wrote:
kendiggy wrote:
Um, Wall of Roots has Defender. You're an aggro deck. You don't need Wall of Roots.

You should play Crib Swap over Oblivion Ring. Everyone and their mother is going to play enchantment removal for the ring, so as great as it will be game one, it's gonna suck game two. And Crib Swap permanently deals with Hakkon.

You should also play Wispermare in the sideboard to deal with opposing Oblivion Rings and other enchantments.



After a long roll on the floor.... I actually admired your comment. Indeed this must be aggro! Doran is the most aggro card I've ever witnessed... LMAO again. ROTF? -not this time. I cannot imagine someone killing your BOP's and denying you a sadistic turn two drop!! If you consider this deck aggro, please inform me of your play-area as I feel many a player here will be interested in attending your "FMN" to prove your "speed-bump"edness.

Last I checked, there were a handfull of commons to ruin your BOP-Aggro strategy. Please, make this deck. Please.

If you must respond, *sigh*, Can you make an argument re: Glittering Wish and it's AGRRO intended abilities. And if you could come up with the reason this deck doesn't roll over and DIE to a lone Pyroclasm. It would be greatly appreciated... Best of luck to you and your fellow FMN'ers!

Have we not heard of the GOYF? Seems like an auto to me... (NM. Not considered AGGRO enough...)


Uhm, aggro control... <-- off topic?

Glittering wish could make life easier, in regards to beating down and winning or alternately, it could help pacify an opposing aggro deck. <-- contradicting!

Tarmogoyf isn't an auto-include for every deck, in my opinion because this isn't fucking extended <-- broke bastard can't afford nice cards

Yeah, a 4/5 is nice for two mana midgame, but I heard (grapevine?) that jotun grunts eat goyfs alive. Actually, I know this because mine eat opposing goys regularly at my fnm's. Goyf is obviously better, but if every other deck you run into plays them, chances are your grunt will be swinging for similar damage, have a similar life cycle and also perform better against opposing goyfs. (so, if everyone ran 1 card, you've found an answer! Tech!!)

Also, random fuckhead that keeps going on and on about a type-o; Kendiggy has actually won tournies on this site and had his decks end up on the front page, whereas you have not.

Shut the fuck up and go hang yourself, faggot.



Was trully unaware that so many of you share a love that is not your own. Congrats to Englishs'lackofskill and that other guy (Burito-eater?) that lavish the skill involved with MWS and it's shuffler mechanics. If I didn't have a life, enjoyed parading around at the heels of a butt-pirate, and dreamt of Sagit instead of Alba, I might agree with your argument.

I don't do these things.. therefore.. I feel not the urge to light myself a-fire and inhale. (that would be French for the lesser of our readers refering to someone as a Faggot).

Remember children, The "Shire" does not exist. And Froto is NOT your lover. And the pyroclasm was never answered. Enjoy your workstation skills and lamenated photos of Hasselhoff. Whilst the Players lounge suits me just fine. I am comforted by the reminder that smaller minded people such as yourselves will never make it in real life. <-- check the definition of an idiot to make sense of the size of your head crack that was just made @ your expense.[/img]
Back to top
IberianWolf



Joined: 17 Nov 2006
Posts: 153

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

totally pwned.

sorceress dude: you're an idiot. and with each paragraph you write, you make yourself look even more like an idiot. or a child using unnecessary know-it-all language.

by the way, is Froto some kind of cousin of Frodo? Wow, for someone who takes punctuation and good speech so seriously, you sure tripped there.

as for the aggro issue... how is a "5/5" at turn 2 not aggro? just wondering cause you seem to know a lot about magic Rolling Eyes

and about the pyroclasm: wow, nice remark i'm surprised it came from a dickhead like you. yet, pyroclasm < Doran, pyroclasm < forbidding watchtower, and it only kills the deck if you have all of your small creatures in play at the same time (which is highly unlikely)

also, to fix that "hole", you can just put some garruks, which can work as both offensive and defensive.


see? if you weren't so busy being an idiot, you'd actually have said anything USEFUL. but yeah, you had to come up with the splendid Idea of wall of roots (AHAHAHAHAHAHAH) and just insisted on a meaningless typo. you're the fool here, seriously. go get a life. we may play magic a lot, big deal, but you're also in this forum. (NOT saying smart things)
Back to top
thranarama



Joined: 23 Apr 2005
Posts: 219

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoccerTees, you are a complete and utter tool. Are you seriously going to flaunt big words around like you know more than us? We all know you just use the synonyms feature on Microsoft Word. By the way, why would you even bring up the French? The French are the dumbest people I know (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KxmHEGy7JUU), case and point. Anyway, if you are just going to bring up non-sensical points about a mere typo, try not to spell things wrong yourself (Agrro in your first post, Froto in a later one). Obviously no one but you is allowed to make any gramatical or typing errors. Not to mention the fact that you brag about a fucking card that you own in the middle of your badly written, poorly thought out insult paragraph. We don't fucking care what cards you own, because guess what? My tax dollars pay for your welfare and food stamps. Go beat yourself with a tree limb, you fucking retard.
Back to top
Bozo



Joined: 09 Feb 2006
Posts: 107

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Street wraith, Glittering Wish, Ornithopter, and probably Rebuff the Wicked should be removed from the deck. In their stead you should run Garruk Wildspeaker, Tarmogoyf, etc.

I would run something more like:

4 Treefolk Harbinger
4 Birds of Paradise
1 Llanowar Elves
4 Tarmogoyf
3 Gaddock Teeg
3 Saffi Eriksdotter
3 Doran, the Siege Tower
4 Ohran Viper
3 Garruk Wildspeaker
4 Oblivion Ring
1 Crib Swap
1 Timber Protector
3 Loxodon Warhammer
22 Lands (Forbidding Watchtowers, etc.)

I don't know how good this deck would be against control, but it looks like it would walk all over aggro. Maindeck Teeg could be something else also, but I like thie direction of the deck.
Back to top
soccertees



Joined: 07 Aug 2006
Posts: 21

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thranarama wrote:
SoccerTees, you are a complete and utter tool. <-- that makes you a belt... Are you seriously going to flaunt big words around like you know more than us? We all know you just use the synonyms feature on Microsoft Word. <-- maybe an education? By the way, why would you even bring up the French? The French are the dumbest people I know <-- quite possibly the only you can surround yourself with?(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KxmHEGy7JUU), case and point. Anyway, if you are just going to bring up non-sensical points about a mere typo, try not to spell things wrong yourself (Agrro in your first post, Froto in a later one). <--LMAO! I care how to spell FROTO? seriously... Obviously no one but you is allowed to make any gramatical or typing errors. Not to mention the fact that you brag about a fucking card that you own in the middle of your badly written, poorly thought out insult paragraph. <-- ur so right! I could make a name for myself on here! Ummmm, no! I prefer the 1991 Constructed DCI rating I gots vs. yours anyday! We don't fucking care what cards you own, because guess what? My tax dollars (<-- negative #'s don't count!) pay for your welfare and food stamps. <-- no need of food stamps up here. Go beat yourself with a tree limb, you fucking retard. <-- jealous of our resources?


Life is good north-o-that thing Canadians are glad is there! It only takes a couple of Americans to justify the need for a foreign government official to "be like Bush" and get a little trigger happy.

Enjoy the exchange rate! You guys are AWESOME <-- an education NORTH of dat border thingy would enable you to NOT have to look up "TRUE" definitions of words on google.

Fare-the-well. Off to my igloo and squaw! Perhaps they will legalize microwaves up here soon. So jealous of your easy-mac and healthcare...
Back to top
thranarama



Joined: 23 Apr 2005
Posts: 219

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have such a high rating, why do you see the need to come on to this website and mock people's typing errors? Go and be good at magic! It's not like it is that hard to get a good rating in Canada anyway. Oh, and by the way, try actually thinking when responding to an insult, I mean, I tell you to beat yourself with a tree limb, so you ask if I'm jealous of your resources? And your stereotypes of Americans only further proves your ignorance in any subject whatsoever. Not all of us are fat, idiotic slobs, just the ones that you see on T.V. If you can't be part of the community of people we have on here, just leave. Your time would be much better spent taking those photos of your mother off of the internet, they are most unbecoming.
Back to top
Bozo



Joined: 09 Feb 2006
Posts: 107

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What does your wishboard look like? Something along the lines of:
1 Harmonic Sliver
1 Teneb, the Harvester
1 Doran, the Siege Tower
1 Necrotic Sliver
1 Nath of the Gilt-Leaf
+ Whatever else you will use for your actual sideboard. Seems kind of weird, but those are the only useful targets I could think of, Teneb and Nath being for late game Wish topdecks, and the rest being used for whatever utility you need...
I disagree with you on the Oblivion Ring vs. Crib Swap debate, I think you should run only 1 Crib Swap because it only hits guys but it is fetchable via harbinger. Also, I think Saffi would be stronger in the main deck than Teeg, because, although Saffi isn;t as good vs. Wrath decks, she is much better against aggro, since she can force 2 for 1's, and she's still fine against control. Also, I really don't like Ornithopter. I guess it is ok against aggro...and you are running (essentially) 11 Doran's...I still think it seems janky. It gets killed by every aggro 1 drop in the format, so it really is only good after Doran is out.
In place of the Ornithopters I would put in 1 Deadwood treefolk and 1 Timber Protector and 1 Crib Swap, then replace the previous swaps with Oblivion rings. Also, find some way to fit how ever many tarmogoyfs you have into the deck. Replace a shriekmaw, or a glittering wish, whatever you have to do to get him in there.
Back to top
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

 


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All content on this page may not be reproduced without consent of Magic-League Directors.
Magic the Gathering is TM and copyright Wizards of the Coast, Inc, a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc. All rights reserved.


About Us | Contact Us | Privacy Policy