Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MonoRed Goyf

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
Pong_God

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 3:04 am    Post subject: MonoRed Goyf Reply with quote

Ok i know this is probably a thread somewhere about this but this but hope fully not.

This is the deck i built with my friend after staying up all night drinking wondering how our friend was doing in valencia. So we built this and have tested against every matchup we can find and it really only seems to be a tough matchup against doran tell me what you think?

4-Tarmogoyf
4-tarfire
4-rift bolt
4-incinerate
4-threaten
4-moggfanatic
4-keldon marauders
4-magus of the scroll
3-greater gargadon
3-inner flame accolyte

2-treetop village
1-keldon megaliths
1-ghitu encampment
1-kher keep
4-karplusan forest
10-mountain
3-forest
Vedrfolner

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

... against Doran? Is there a good deck running Doran? Never heard of. If a deck runs two colours, it isn't monocoloured.

Magus of the Scroll isn't a very good card. If you replace it with a green or red creature that is really strong, the deck would benefit greatly. Threaten-Gargadon is better now than it was before Lorwyn came out. There are fewer untargetable creatures. You should run four Gargadons so that you have a better chance of drawing one in your starting-hand.
Balthazar88
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would probobly(sp) run Martyr of Ashes over Magus of the Scroll. He/she is really good in the aggro matchups, which should be very relevant up to states.
DESTRUCTOR

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1º the deck doesnt need 22 lands!!, 20 would be enough
2º 4 gargadons are a must because he is really good in this deck
3º using 4 gargadons you must use 4 mogg war marshal because of the sinergy and because that is a really good card

magus of the scroll is pretty lame because you dont want to go late game you just want to win quickly!!, instead use martyr of ashes becuse the metagame would be aggro-ish at the beggining (states, worlds) so that guy would make those matchups betther for you

i dont know if 4 threaten are the way to go but you may keep them...inner flame? really? dont know how good he is but i dont thing is that great!! i still like mogg war marshal best

PD: if you use mogg war marshal, mogg fanatic and martyr you should include 2 pendelhaven because an extra point of damage is always relevant
R3wind

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am troubled by the lack of Terramorphic Expanse. You are running no card draw or deck thinning. This is something that every deck needs. Plus you can use it to pump the 'Goyf. Two or three would be the right number. Also Chromatic Star has great synergy with GG and 'Goyf. Sac the star to GG to get a card and pump the 'Goyf seems too good to pass up.

Heck if you run both on four then it is like you are playing 52card.dec.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1