Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Lorwyn reanimator

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
shadow483

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 10:53 am    Post subject: Lorwyn reanimator Reply with quote

Ok here is my B/U reanimator deck

land
7 swamp
4 island
2 vivid marsh
2 vivid creek
2 urborg, tomb of yagmoth
4 terramorphic expanse
2 tolaria west

creatures
4 bonded fetch
4 looter il-kor
4 bogarden hellkite
1 Akroma, Angel of wrath
1 Kaervek the merciless
1 reya dawnbringer
1 teneb the harvester

spells
4 dread return
4 makeshift mannequin
4 tendrils of corruption
4 sudden death
3 careful consideration
2 extripate

sideboard

4 pithing needle
4 terror
2 extripate
2 tombstalker
1 numot the devastator
1 Akroma angel of fury
1 Garza Zol, plague queen

The purpose is to play a search card like the looter or the fetch and then discard a fattie. Then bring it back with dread return or the makeshift. Most of the cards have CIP abilities or like Kaervek, make it so that playing spelles is painful for your opponent.
Vedrfolner

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Body Double is better than Makeshift Mannequin.
shadow483

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

body double costs more
lennin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1 more wow big diff
BigJoo

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heres my Reanimator that i have been messing around with my friends and a couple of FNM and it runs really well.

Land:/

2 Urborg,Tomb of Yawgmoth
1 Urza's Factory
6 Island
5 Swamp
2 Terramorphic Expanse
2 Vivid Creek
2 Vivid Marsh

Creatures:/

4 Bogarden Helkites
1 Akkroma, Angel of Wrath
2 Reya Dawnbringer
2 Looter il-KOr
2 Magus of the Bazaar
2 Merfolk Looter
1 Kaervek the Merciless
2 Dreamborn Muse
2 Body Double

Spells:/

2 Carefull Consideration
3 Think Twice
4 Delay
4 Dread Return
3 Damnation
2 Cryptic Command
2 Familiar's Ruse
2 Sift

Sideboard:/

3 Terror
4 Pithing Needle
3 Flashfreeze
4 Extirpate
1 Teferi, Mage of Zhalfir

Constructie Comments only please!
Via

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

makeshift mannequin is good with Phage, you can kill yourself at instant speed now
Vedrfolner

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shadow483 wrote:
body double costs more

Yes, but on the other hand, it doesn't die to a Mogg Fanatic....
shadow483

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Shadow, how is makeshift working for you?

Well my deck relys on the fact that even if my guy dies, I will still get a benifit. If I bring back a hellkite, deal 5 damage or wipe your team. If he dies, I can do it again. I can also do it at instant speed. Kaervek means that some damage will be taken if they use a spell and Akroma is usally untargetable by anything good. My deck focuses more on a control aspect using sudden deaths and tendrils to keep the field clear, then dropping a fattie and killing them or forcing a wrath.

edit: although I did find that adding 2 body doubles in place of them did help in some situations.
IberianWolf

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shadow483 wrote:
body double costs more

yeah, at least it doesn't die to anything that targets. I mean, saltfield recluse > makeshift mannequin.

I don't think reanimator is viable right now, but if it were, there would probably be some 3 or 4 oona's prowler in there.

and take those kites out, please o.o
shadow483

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I don't think reanimator is viable right now, but if it were, there would probably be some 3 or 4 oona's prowler in there.

The problem is is that they don't draw cards. Looter and Fetch draw and discard so I can replace the card I lose.

Quote:
and take those kites out, please o.o

Why?
Balthazar88
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think people in general are undervauling Makeshift Mannequin. Sure, is not that great against red decks and aggressive deck in general, but it's better than, say your ordinary reanimator-spell like dread return against control which plays cards as Venser, Oblivion Ring, Take Possession, Condemn etc. Makeshift Mannequin nulls all those and puts the creature in the 'yard, where you rather want them, instead of RFG, bottom of library or worse under your opponent control.
Vedrfolner

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those who play Venser normally have some way of returning him to hand, or they play Momentary Blink for a reuse of his ability.

And control normally doesn't care much whether or not Oblivion Ring or Condemn actually succeeds putting the threat in their designated places... the point in nearly all cases is that the threat is not on the board.

The point of an animation deck is to get abnormally powerful creatures in play at an abnormally early stage. Designing the deck so that it can do this many times in the course of a game is called "Win More" in Magickuese... or overkill if you want.
Yavimaya73

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have two words for you...
Cairn Wanderer

This creature is absolutely insane especially with creatures like Akroma, Calciderm, Knight of Meadowgrain,and Moonglove Winnower.. or just Akroma and Calciderm even. (which are all in the appropriate colors.) Not to mention, Cairn works with all creatures in ANY graveyard, not just yours. This guy is pretty frickin awesome only at 4B and a 4/4 to boot. I've been playing around with this one and he is a beast to be try to deal with, add in stuff like Haakon, Crib Swap, and Nameless Inversion and you got yourself a fairly evil deck. With the right sideboard (Mainly Needles) the only graveyard hate you have to worry about is Extirpate, which packing your own can help there. You just need a decent discard outlet for Haakon.
Balthazar88
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vedrfolner wrote:
Those who play Venser normally have some way of returning him to hand, or they play Momentary Blink for a reuse of his ability.

And control normally doesn't care much whether or not Oblivion Ring or Condemn actually succeeds putting the threat in their designated places... the point in nearly all cases is that the threat is not on the board.

The point of an animation deck is to get abnormally powerful creatures in play at an abnormally early stage. Designing the deck so that it can do this many times in the course of a game is called "Win More" in Magickuese... or overkill if you want.
I agree with most of that, except the last one. Against Aggro, one fattie should be enough to win, but it will most likley not be enough against a control of our time.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1