Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Oh yea something without tarmo or goyf in its name :D

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
PakTu

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 12:22 am    Post subject: Oh yea something without tarmo or goyf in its name :D Reply with quote

All right heres the deck and it does pretty good but i need it more competitve and money is not a problem especially since dual lands are now gone

// NAME: U/W control w/Lorwyn

// Lands
4 [FUT] Nimbus Maze
4 [10E] Terramorphic Expanse
5 [10E] Plains (1)
8 [10E] Island (1)
3 [AN] Desert

// Creatures
3 [TSP] Teferi, Mage of Zhalfir
2 [PLC] Aeon Chronicler
3 [LRW] Sower of Temptation
4 [TSB] Willbender

// Spells
4 [10E] Wrath of God
3 [LRW] Broken Ambitions
3 [LRW] Oblivion Ring
3 [10E] Mobilization
3 [LRW] Ponder
4 [LRW] Faerie Trickery
4 [LRW] Familiar's Ruse

// Sideboard
SB: 2 [TSB] Disenchant
SB: 3 [TSP] Temporal Isolation
SB: 3 [10E] Flashfreeze
SB: 3 [TSB] Teferi's Moat
SB: 2 [CS] Jotun Grunt
SB: 2 [10E] Pithing Needle
center
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What advantage does crip swap have on Oblivion Ring?
PakTu

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

maybe he likes it for the instant ability
center
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems like Condem would just be better than as there are few creatures that just sit on the table.
PakTu

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea but i love my deck atm very much Smile I've never built anything this good before. BTW flashfreeze is so awesome for me.
kikimikejiki

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry to tell u but the deck needs goyfs.. well not need but be better if it did because everything everywhere always will be
TugaChampion

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sacred Mesa >>>>>>>>>>> Mobilization
Vedrfolner

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Familiar's Ruse is awful in this deck. Use Rune Snag instead.

I would go with Mystical Teachings engine in a Teferi deck, as lack of counter-based control decks makes him just a 3/4 flash legend for 2UUU if you don't.

The Mystical Teachings + Teferi engine died with the rotation of Rewind.

The current setup lacks late-game card power, something which is bad in a control-deck.
Craze

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kikimikejiki wrote:
sorry to tell u but the deck needs goyfs.. well not need but be better if it did because everything everywhere always will be

yea a UW deck definitly needs a 1G creature.
Last night I played a deck that literally splashed green just for goyf.
in the mid-game he thought he was on top of it with a 5/6 1G, so I Sower of Temptation and proceeded to beat him bloody with it.

Goyf is a awsome addition to a green deck, but not necessary and certainly not worth a splash. It's just a creature, its easy to take care of.

another thing, is if your looking for a late game draw engine, try Jace Beleren. At worst its a 1UU to draw three cards over the next few turns, then if you can afford your oppenent drawing once, it gets even better!
thranarama

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly, i really like Hoofprints of the Stag as the enchantment win condition of choice. It allows you to pump out threats even if you are light on mana, not to mention that you try and draw cards anyway, so it isn't making you change your game plan. I mean, you can play hoofprints on turn 4 w/ counter/removal backup, and just let it accumulate from there.
R3wind

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would dare say that Sower and Trickery are the best cards in the deck. With Oblivion Ring should be on four. I don't like the Ruse. I would swap it out for Delay/Rune Snag. Cut one Mobi for one more Ponder. Cut one Broken Ambitions very situational counter. I also don't like the Terramorphic Expanse. It just pumps up the 'Goyf and you need all the land you can get. If you keep it then add one Swamp. This brings me to the last point. Why don't you have any Coalition Relics or Mystical Teachings? I think those two cards will push the list over the top. Even two Mystical Teachings can get you four quality cards out of your deck when you need them. Two or more Relics would give you more mana and an out vs Bust. I guess that you went with Ponder over Teachings. I can understand wanting to lower your curve due to the aggro meta. Teachings is just a better card. I would move to them without a pause. If you move over to Teachings then Crib Swap becomes the removal card of choice as you can tutor it up. Also Teachings + Teferi would make Sower ridiculous! So I am going wish you luck with your list. I love WU control.

This is the list that I would play. I was thinking that I may need to work in 2 Urza's Factory. Post sb I have Needle to deal with it.

// Lands
4 [FUT] Nimbus Maze
4 [10E] Plains (1)
4 [AN] Desert
4 [LOR] Secluded Glen
8 [10E] Island (1)

// Creatures
4 [LOR] Sower of Temptation
2 [PLC] Aeon Chronicler
2 [TSP] Teferi, Mage of Zhalfir

// Spells
4 [CS] Rune Snag
4 [LOR] Faerie Trickery
4 [LOR] Crib Swap
4 [10E] Wrath of God
4 [TSP] Mystical Teachings
4 [FUT] Coalition Relic
2 [10E] Mobilization
2 [LOR] Broken Ambitions

// Sideboard
SB: 2 [TSB] Teferi's Moat
SB: 3 [10E] Pithing Needle
SB: 3 [TSB] Disenchant
SB: 3 [CS] Jotun Grunt
SB: 4 [10E] Flashfreeze

edited to add a deck list and fix my bad spelling.
PakTu

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ya you guys rock, its better than the other decks where people give me other decks to play instead of just modding mine Very Happy
getmatt201

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 11:55 am    Post subject: rule of law Reply with quote

Where is the rule of law. Once you have out mobilization and rule of law u just sit back and make a illion tokens.
R3wind

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So after testing my build we need to update the sideboard. Tarmorack is a really hard match up.

+1 Pithing Needle vs Tarmorack. Turn one Pithing Needle on Augur of Skulls fixes a lot of issues with the matchup. You can counter on turn 2 with Rune Snag.

+1 Disenchant...

I am going to do some more testing, I think that Prismatic Lens may be better then Relic to speed up the match.

Also I am cutting the Broken Amitions for 2 Tidings. If Tarmorack gets you in topdeck mode then you can dig yourself out of it.
pwnz

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Needs more Tarmogoyf....

+4 Tarmogoyf
+1 Forest

You'll get there.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2