Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

UG Poision Ping

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Legacy (T1.5) Decks

Rate My Poision Deck 1-5
One, Horible
50%
 50%  [ 10 ]
Two, Bad
15%
 15%  [ 3 ]
Three, Ok
5%
 5%  [ 1 ]
Four, Good deck
5%
 5%  [ 1 ]
Five, OMG BEST DECK EVER!!!
25%
 25%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 20

iamFrankie

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 12:52 pm    Post subject: UG Poision Ping Reply with quote

I love altrenate wining conditions. This deck is not a deck that wins turn 2 10% of the time and turn 13 the other 90%. It is very consistant. A good opening only needs forest and vulervent silver. This deck is great for casual and only costs $10. I need some ideas on how to make it better. I made it with budget in mind but now I just want the best deck for MWS. Here is the deck:

// Deck file for Magic Workstation

// Lands
11 Forest
13 Island

// Creatures
4 Marsh Viper
4 Sabertooth Cobra
4 Virulent Sliver

// Spells
3 Cloak of Mists
3 Awakening
4 Fireshrieker
4 Writ of Passage
4 Freed from the Real
2 Hermetic Study
4 Psionic Gift

PS: I need help with sideboards. I am really bad at them.
kby

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BEST DECK EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

no really...wtf are u smoking?
center
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One, Horible

ROFL
Tenak

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really needs some Snake Cult Initiation IMHO
iamFrankie

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That would make it UBG. It is UB. Don't just say it sucks without reasons. Can some one help me on this deck? Also it does win about 40% of the time. I want it to win 80% of the time. Does it need to be black? I had a BG poision deck and it didn't beat my friends.
R3wind

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would take a look a "Counter-Sliver" list and work from there. Start with the Poison Sliver and other stuff from "Counter-Sliver". I hope that this helps. You really can not sub out Force of Will but cheap counters will do the trick. The mana base is what is going to cost the most.
pyrotheism

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iamFrankie wrote:
That would make it UBG. It is UB. Don't just say it sucks without reasons. Can some one help me on this deck? Also it does win about 40% of the time. I want it to win 80% of the time. Does it need to be black? I had a BG poision deck and it didn't beat my friends.

when you win 80% of the time, we'll all use your list. that's an unreasonable number for any deck.
now, as for suggestions, pemmins aura always made me happy (guess why -.-), and i would suggest that over freed fromt he real
Shivan1

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

best deck ever.
Eldariel
Level 3 Judge

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The deck would be decent for Casual but beyond that the fragility and slowness of the win condition just makes it horrible. T2 Poison Slivers are better and I don't see anyone suggesting them for Legacy.
IberianWolf

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"This deck is great for casual and only costs $10."

Exactly. if you want it to hold a bit more in MWS, try something like this (I'll still keep casual in mind, but not the whole budget thingy)

Lands// 20
4 Tropical Island
4 Flooded Strand
4 Windswept Heath
4 Tundra
4 Savannah

Artifacts// 4
4 Mox Diamond/Chrome Mox (this is really your choice, mox diamond is better in some situations, but i think chrome is more reliable as in playability, though you have to say goodbye to a spell)

Spells// 16
4 Force of Will
4 Brainstorm
4 Daze
2 Swords To Plowshares
2 Krosan Grip

Creatures// 20
4 Virulent Sliver
4 Muscle Sliver
4 Homing Sliver
4 Sinew Sliver
2 Winged Sliver
2 Sidewinder Sliver

I know this is a bad list for poison, as I said it's just casual. you could take out the W (sidewinder, sinew and swords) for black (1 haunted crossroads, snake cult iniciation, etc)

by using the duals you'll have a more flexible deck. if you want it to be budget you can use the mirage fetchlands or maybe terramorphic expanse. you could also use some of the tempest duals (they're weaker than the recent ones). keep in mind you'll need countermagic for a sliver deck to work. I say this because ANYTHING that kills even one of your dudes will wreck your strategy. wrath/damnation, swords, pyroclasm (!!!)... you could use chill against red decks, I guess. and that other black card that makes white spells cost 3 more.

just some ideas, but the one you submitted is really bad :p for legacy, obv.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Legacy (T1.5) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1