Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

White Blue Control - Help

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
Demyo

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 5:47 am    Post subject: White Blue Control - Help Reply with quote

Hi.

I was thinking for a White blue control to play
and this is my final decklist, I would like some help and ideas pls Wink

The decklist does not include Ravnica block cards ( and I don't want to )

4 Adarkar Wastes
2 Nimbus Maze
2 Calciform Pools
12 Island
6 Plains

2 Draining Whelk
2 Teferi
1 Akroma, Angel of Wrath
2 Aeon Chronicler
4 Riftwing Cloudskate
1 Arcanis The Omnipotent

4 Wrath of God
4 Momentary Blink
4 Think Twice
4 Rune Snag
4 Cancel
2 Teferi's Moat ( It's good even in mainboard since i need to get into late game to win )

Sideboard:

4 Disenchant

Missing..

So what do you think ?

I would like to add some Vesuvan Shapeshifters too but i don't know what to remove to get a space for them.
Tenak

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I think:

- Think twice is an awful card, and definitely not a 4 of... in multiples they can just clog up your hand early game. Personally I'd run 2, or 3 max if you really like them. Ancestral Visions and careful consideration could both be used in these slots.
- You NEED an urza's factory in this deck. You are 2 colours and this card is just so powerful. No reason not to really.
- Momentary blink has absolutely no place in this decklist in my opinion, and certainly not as a 4 of. There are only 6 cards that you can abuse with this card, if you draw 2 early game what are you going to do? If you want to build a UW blink deck add epochrasites and venser. As it is you have the cloudskates that do little without the blinks and the blinks that do little without the cloudskates.
- Could use another teferi and more conterspells or something. You don't really have enough counters to make a 'counter wall' and you don't really have enough answers without them, and you don't have large enough threats to play proactively. You have 10 counters total and 4 removal spells. Personally I think that is putting far too much pressure on a) Teferi's moat and b) your creatures to deal with opponent's threats. I'd either add more counters (e.g. +4 delay, +1 teferi) or add more answers (condemn, fetters, porphyry nodes) or add a better proactive creature approach (shapeshifters etc.). At the moment it just seems like aggro will burn you out, angelfire with overpower you by just keep dropping threats, and other counters decks will just have better answers than you do.

Well, that's all I've got to say for know, hope I wasn't too critical...
aiutami

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No remand? take out cloudskate akroma and arcansis moat blink 2 think twice 2 island 1and plains and add 4 remand, 1 aeon chronicler 4 condemn/ faith's fetters 3 remove soul( underrated) 2 careful consideration and 3 urza's factory

ancestrall recall is good turn 1- but not stuck in your hand late game
Demyo

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It has to be Post Ravnica Block, so i don't want to add Remand's

Thanks a lot for the comments!
KeySam

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

aiutami wrote:
No remand? take out cloudskate akroma and arcansis moat blink 2 think twice 2 island 1and plains and add 4 remand, 1 aeon chronicler 4 condemn/ faith's fetters 3 remove soul( underrated) 2 careful consideration and 3 urza's factory

Ancestral Recall is always good, we can discuss about Ancestral Vision Wink Dont even know why i type this, normally i dont do such kind of stuff but i had to laugh.

KeySam
Acid_Christ

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KeySam wrote:
aiutami wrote:

Ancestral Recall is always good, we can discuss about Ancestral Vision Wink Dont even know why i type this, normally i dont do such kind of stuff but i had to laugh.

KeySam

God forbid you go to top deck mode and draw an Ancestral Recall. At that point in the game, whats 3 extra cards? Razz
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1