Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How to solve: "Unable to Connect: null"

Goto page 1, 2  Next

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> General Magic-League Issues
Lamex

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 10:13 am    Post subject: How to solve: "Unable to Connect: null" Reply with quote

This is an error quite common to appear. This however can be solved quite easily.

Cause:
Port 6667 is closed by either a firewall, the router or a different program somewhere on the network (if there is a network present).

Solution:
Make sure you open the port 6667 inside your firewall or router. If you are in a network you should check the router or another server that handles that internet connection.

Additional Notes:
Companies and Schools may have this port closed causing you unable to connect. If you do not have access to the router/firewall or any other program that might close down that port you can 'tunnel' it but that is only for people who know a lot about networks.
This Post will not explain nor tell you how to open the port for any firewall/router/program since this can and will be different for each program. You can always ask the community of course.
The previous note at the chat page stating to use a different server is not true and will not solve this problem.
It is also known that certain Anti Virus programs might close down ports. Keep this in mind!

Kind Regards,

Lamex ~ Magic League Technical Director
mtel1979

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 11:24 pm    Post subject: Sounds simple Reply with quote

but I have searched high and low all over the net for someone who knows how to open port #6667. I would love to get involved with this league, but it seems that I will be excluded from doing so due to my lack of knowledge about my computer and the fact that I must get in on this league through a program that requires port 6667 to be open on my computer. I don't really expect any help from anyone here as I have been all over the internet for the past 2 hours straight and have yet to find anything remotely helpful along these lines.

If by chance there is someone who can help with this, this is what I know about my system. My operating system is Windows XP SP2. My browser is Mozilla Firefox. I am using a cable internet connection. The router is an iPAQ connection point CP-2W. If there is someone out there who would like to help an avid Magic player of the past 12 years get into this league play the help would be most appreciated.
Khelvaster

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go connect to the IP 192.168.0.1, 192.168.1.1, or 192.168.2.1 . There should be a "port forwarding/triggering." Forward port 6667 to 6667--that'll open it.
niv

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

how do i open that port?
Tsygna

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 5:18 pm    Post subject: Forwarded Port 6667...But Still "Unable to connect: Nul Reply with quote

Hi,

When I try to log onto the servers, I get the "Unable to connect: null" error.

To open the 6667 port, I accessed my router settings by going to: 192.168.1.1. Once there, I found I have both a "Port Range Forward" and a "Port Triggering" tab. In the "Port Triggering" tab, I set the start port and end port "Triggered Range" to "6667", and did the same for the start port and end port in the "Forwarded Range", but I'm still getting the same error - "Unable to connect: null". I also did something similar in the "Port Range Forward" tab, which didn't help either. I've tried disabling my firewalls to no avail. Any suggestions so I can log on and play some Magic? Thanks so much!
SnowPuddles

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

See i cant even get there. I see the picture thing with an X in it. So i cant even go to chat. Help plz
Lifter

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 9:35 am    Post subject: Re: How to solve: "Unable to Connect: null" Reply with quote

Lamex wrote:
This is an error quite common to appear. This however can be solved quite easily.

Cause:
Port 6667 is closed by either a firewall, the router or a different program somewhere on the network (if there is a network present).

Solution:
Make sure you open the port 6667 inside your firewall or router. If you are in a network you should check the router or another server that handles that internet connection.

Additional Notes:
Companies and Schools may have this port closed causing you unable to connect. If you do not have access to the router/firewall or any other program that might close down that port you can 'tunnel' it but that is only for people who know a lot about networks.
This Post will not explain nor tell you how to open the port for any firewall/router/program since this can and will be different for each program. You can always ask the community of course.
The previous note at the chat page stating to use a different server is not true and will not solve this problem.
It is also known that certain Anti Virus programs might close down ports. Keep this in mind!

Kind Regards,

Lamex ~ Magic League Technical Director

I can't figure out where this "port 6667" is or/and how to turn it off.
CodyIan

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 6:45 am    Post subject: helppp Reply with quote

i dont even know how to open my firewall setting

Mozilla Firefox

walk me through it please Question
Bartok

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 3:17 am    Post subject: For vista users who uses explore. Reply with quote

If you run the chat through vista and explore, you must run it as administrator (rightclick on explore icon an choose run as administrator).
darkdanl86

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 10:47 am    Post subject: could not connect Reply with quote

I have a problem with connecting to mwsplay.net. when I call it says connection error could not connect
nayaforce70

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:29 pm    Post subject: where? Reply with quote

Khelvaster wrote:
Go connect to the IP 192.168.0.1, 192.168.1.1, or 192.168.2.1 . There should be a "port forwarding/triggering." Forward port 6667 to 6667--that'll open it.
thx for this just a question where do i go to do this thing that ur talking about here?
nico

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you gotta be carefull with the settings that are mentioned. Especially when they are just briefly explained. The settings that Khelvasters is advising you to change are the portforwarding settings. The ip adress is an adress you enter in your browser of choice and it is the ip adress of the config page of your router/modem, so the ip adress may change per modem. I advise you to take a look at www.portforward.com and see if your specific modem is mentioned there, and see how the portforwarding is done. Portforwarding is just that the modem checks for an incoming signal on a certain port (in this case port 6667) and sends it to a computer in the network you are in, with an ip adress that you choose.
Jessy_x

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Umm.. I'm a 15 year old girl and I know nothing about computers and I miss playing Magic with my dad and family since the devorce.. I might not be good but I can still have fun and what not but.. HOW IN THE HELL DO YOU CHANGE SOEMTHING ABOUT A FIREWALL?! I know how to use the internet thats it.. I don't make computers.. I don't know how they are set up and what buttons do what that will make me find a darn firewall or fire bug spray or who cares.. maybe if you want to have people use your site more you should prob make a step by step thing so they don't give up and leave.. I'm sure you want people to use this site.. I just wasted 20 min of my time signing up..
Azania

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jessy_x wrote:
Umm.. I'm a 15 year old girl and I know nothing about computers and I miss playing Magic with my dad and family since the devorce.. I might not be good but I can still have fun and what not but.. HOW IN THE HELL DO YOU CHANGE SOEMTHING ABOUT A FIREWALL?! I know how to use the internet thats it.. I don't make computers.. I don't know how they are set up and what buttons do what that will make me find a darn firewall or fire bug spray or who cares.. maybe if you want to have people use your site more you should prob make a step by step thing so they don't give up and leave.. I'm sure you want people to use this site.. I just wasted 20 min of my time signing up..

If you read the post it also said:

Basically there are quite a few different routers around and programs that allow or disallow to do this. We can NOT make a step by step guide since it will never be correct. The best option you have is to ask the person who you are living with (I would guess one of your relatives) or someone who knows about computers. By default this port is always open and if it is closed someone DID change this on purpose. This post basically tells you what the cause of the problem is so you use that to get it solved. In your case I suggest asking help.
nico

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

also, as added info, you may want to take a look at www.portforward.com. This is a site dedicated to forwarding etc, you might want to take a look there.

Greetz Nico
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> General Magic-League Issues All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2