Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

NO, I don't want to be my opponent... :/

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> General Magic-League Issues
kobisjeruk

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 3:50 am    Post subject: NO, I don't want to be my opponent... :/ Reply with quote

Hi, a simple introduction before I post anything here.
I'm a typical nice (well, sorta) and helpful person who play M:tG for fun mostly. But sometimes I play to win and if it means doing anything to win even if it takes the fun out of playing the game, I'm up for it (Johnny/Spike btw). Well, actually I still think its fun, but my opponent might disagree.

Here's an irc log between me and my opponent after our T2 league match. The name of my opponent have been masked to conceal his/her identity and to make this a bit decent (yes, I'm a bad man, but I'm not usually like this >.>).

[18:12] <rhuell> at least have the decency to report/confirm the match
[18:12] <rhuell> i have the logs you know
[18:12] <RANDOM> worst match I have ever played in my life. Your deck is torture, just plain annoying. You win. AND I DID REPORT.
[18:12] <rhuell> ok
[18:12] <rhuell> ty
[18:12] <rhuell> Wink
[18:12] <rhuell> i like my deck
[18:12] <rhuell> but most of my opp doesnt
[18:12] <RANDOM> how is that physically possible?
[18:12] <rhuell> heh
[18:12] <rhuell> sux to be my opp
[18:12] <rhuell> i know
[18:13] <RANDOM> riight.
[18:13] <RANDOM> im fine with losing.
[18:13] <rhuell> been getting to the finals of couple of tourneys with it
[18:13] <RANDOM> i dont, however, like being killed in a really really annoying way,
[18:13] <rhuell> sorry to make u feel whatever u're feeling
[18:13] <RANDOM> its like im not even playing.
[18:14] <rhuell> if u dont play control, you arent really playing
[18:14] <rhuell> sorry to put it bluntly
[18:14] <rhuell> but u're my goldfish
[18:14] <rhuell> well
[18:14] <rhuell> another round?
[18:14] <rhuell> ^_^
[18:15] <rhuell> i dont think so
[18:15] <rhuell> heh
[18:15] <rhuell> n now u're gonna ignore me
[18:15] <rhuell> which is cool
[18:15] <rhuell> bye
[18:15] <rhuell> >.<
[18:15] <rhuell> like my emoticons?
[18:15] <rhuell> >.>
[18:28] <rhuell> maybe u didnt ignore me n just pretend u do
[18:28] <rhuell> well...you should
[18:28] <rhuell> i guess
[18:28] <rhuell> i knw u had extirpate
[18:28] <rhuell> theres NO way u'd keep no land hands if u dont
[18:28] <rhuell> thats crazy
[18:28] <rhuell> n stupid
[18:28] <rhuell> n i cleverly bait you with my blessing
[18:29] <rhuell> so that u'd waste an extirpate on it
[18:29] <rhuell> i mean c'mon
[18:29] <rhuell> just 2 cards
[18:29] <rhuell> n i can DEFINITELY deck u b4 i deck myself
[18:29] <rhuell> i even got beacon of immortality
[18:29] <rhuell> draw cast draw again?
[18:29] <rhuell> c'mon
[18:29] <rhuell> thats basic man
[18:30] <rhuell> so then all your extirpate is wasted
[18:30] <rhuell> talked about major disapointment
[18:30] <rhuell> sux to be in your position atm i guess
[18:30] <rhuell> then u try to claim that i didnt target the 2nd extirpate to anything in your graveyard
[18:30] <rhuell> wtf?
[18:31] <rhuell> it specifically said os on the card
[18:31] <rhuell> i must target a card in a graveyard for it to resolve
[18:31] <rhuell> and then u try to be a whiner
[18:31] <rhuell> saying how annoyed you are about doing nothing against my deck
[18:31] <rhuell> well...some deck meant to be played like that
[18:32] <rhuell> deal with it
[18:32] <rhuell> or just quit if you're so annoyed
[18:32] <rhuell> :/
[18:32] <rhuell> and your sideboards arent any better too
[18:33] <rhuell> conjurer's ban to cover for knell?
[18:33] <rhuell> wtf?
[18:33] <rhuell> just one time window and at random too
[18:33] <rhuell> you think i just rely on mortify to get rid of any enc or art?
[18:33] <rhuell> c'mon
[18:34] <rhuell> well...good thing you didnt play any *netdeck*
[18:35] <rhuell> b/c at least now you can say well...my deck lost coz its not top tier
[18:35] <rhuell> hmm...maybe i should post this on misetings.com
[18:35] <rhuell> what do you think?
Nere

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seek proffesional help.
marten2

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ROFL @ Nere

actually I dont see the point of this. should we all say how evil you are or how sorry we feel for the other person? please dont do this kind of posts again or at least make sure it is a little more obvious what you want to achieve by posting it.

however, I would like to see your decklist if your opp. can't do anything about it. how about posting that?
kobisjeruk

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 4:15 am    Post subject: B4 commenting.... Reply with quote

To clarify a couple of things before the comments coming in...

-

[18:30] <rhuell> so then all your extirpate is wasted
[18:30] <rhuell> talked about major disapointment

Obviously here I cast Extirpate, targetting his Extirpate. Removing 4 extirpates obv.

-

[18:30] <rhuell> then u try to claim that i didnt target the 2nd extirpate to anything in your graveyard

I missnamed the target of my second Extirpate to 'wakestone' when what he had and what was my actual intention was Voidstone Gargoyle. He claimed that since i name wakestone (shortened for wakestone gargoyle) and not voidstone, my extirpate frizzle. I said that I MUST target a card in a graveyard and I meant to say voidstone but then he said it was too late (in a very childish way). I said "judges4you?". He RFG the voidstones in response. Wink

-

[18:33] <rhuell> you think i just rely on mortify to get rid of any enc or art?

YES, Mortify can only target either a creature or an enchanment. So sue me :/

-

[18:34] <rhuell> well...good thing you didnt play any *netdeck*
[18:35] <rhuell> b/c at least now you can say well...my deck lost coz its not top tier

We are playing *ahem* 'T2 - No Netdeck league match' if it was not obvious enough from the log. I mean, who'd play with Gaea's Blessings n Beacon Of Immortality in the same deck? I do, but don't say anything if you don't know how my deck works and trust me, it works. And moreso my deck could compete with top tier deck and did get to a couple of mini finals. I just feel like neo-gruul have a better chance that's why I seldom play this deck. (It pwns Gruul or any other sort of aggro btw)
RichardDWade

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think I've seen someone quite as full of themselves as you are in some time. Thats what I get from this.
KeySam

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wheres the train?? With people who care?
Magx

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only think I see here is that you are crazy.. you are talking to yourself for about what ? 10-15 minutes ? there is some institution for that, you know ?
Myst

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow. I was a bit surprised at first to see this posted here. I left the computer after the game, to come back an hour later with a bunch of messages to me. Seems like this guy was talking to himself...

I am the person That Kobisjeruk was playing against. There are quite a few things that Kobisjeruk was right about. He beat me, 2-0. And, yeah, I was pissed off. However, I did report, fair in square. What made me angry about his deck wasnt anything about how "Overpowered" it was. Cause its not. I just made bad plays... I deserved the loss. Heres where it gets sort off weird though...

Altogether, both matches took about 2 hours. We were both taking out turns rather quickly, too! Im not going to give away his decklist, but the basic goal of his deck is to:

Lock out the opponent

Gain tons of life

Prevent damage

Creature removal.

Pretty simple, right? If I was thinking more carefully, maybe I could have beaten it. What bothers me is that this guys deck has one, and ONLY ONE, way to win. this way, is to play platinum angel on the last turn, with no cards in deck. Im not going to explain how he locks the opponent out until then, but rest assured, playing EVERY single turn until the end is torture. I actually think he expects people to give up out of boredom. Thats a really lame way to win. Does anyone remember the guys at wizards' stance on combo decks? I think I understand what they are getting at now. Im ok with losing to combo decks, its no big deal, usually. However, being beaten by this deck's combo entails playing EVERY SINGLE TURN until you deck out.

ok, Im done ranting lol.

Btw, if you ever play this guy in a trial, Just play the game out, its a free draw, cause of time limits
mufl0n

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2 Orzhov Basilica
1 Selesnya Sanctuary
3 Ghost Quarter
7 Snow-Covered Plains
2 Snow-Covered Swamp
1 Snow-Covered Forest
4 Gemstone Mine
4 Flagstones of Trokair
1 Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth
4 Martyr of Sands
2 Hide/Seek
2 Story Circle
1 Proclamation of Rebirth
4 Howling Mine
4 Wrath of God
4 Dawn Charm
1 Beacon of Immortality
4 Holy Day
3 Rites of Flourishing
3 Mortify
1 Grim Harvest
2 Gaea's Blessing

SB://
2 Hide/Seek
1 Story Circle
3 Luminesce
3 Tormod's Crypt
3 Extirpate
3 Rebuff the Wicked

Ratings -> search "kobisjeruk" -> click his last event
man, i am so sherlock
Myst

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thats not the deck I faced...
mufl0n

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it wins the same way
poopascoopa

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't see what's so surprising about this.
This is what happens when you play Magic with kids.
Magic-League is about 75% punk ass teenagers with nothing better to do than netdeck and throw out random insults at other players when they're losing because there's nothing more creative for them to do with such low I.Q.s.
Shivan1

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this is the same guy complaining about netdecks all the time and he's playing martyr.... how fucking original you punk.

get a life.
kobisjeruk

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 12:10 am    Post subject: o.0 Reply with quote

Shivan1 wrote:
this is the same guy complaining about netdecks all the time and he's playing martyr.... how fucking original you punk.

get a life.
um, when did i whine about netdecks? hell, i dont even remember chatting with you in irc...btw, it was my opponent choice to play a 'no netdecks T2 league match', not me >.>
I've never rejected a challenge by saying 'no netdecks' or 'Top tier decks only' or the worse '1700++ only', i accept anyone with anykind of conditions they put on the challenge against me...better check first before spouting(sp?) nonsense next time, okay? Wink

poopascoopa wrote:
I don't see what's so surprising about this.
This is what happens when you play Magic with kids.
Magic-League is about 75% punk ass teenagers with nothing better to do than netdeck and throw out random insults at other players when they're losing because there's nothing more creative for them to do with such low I.Q.s.
I dont know who you are pointing this statement at, cause
1) I'm not a kid nor a teenager
2) I did not netdeck, although i did get the inspiration to build this deck from a judge whom i played against in a mini (playing gruul btw, and lost as expected)
3) "throw out random insults at other players when they're losing" but i won, so that 3 against what you're saying...hmm...

mufflon wrote:
Ratings -> search "kobisjeruk" -> click his last event
man, i am so sherlock
no shit sherlock, you're right~!
(yes, i intentionally misspelled your nick just to annoy you)
that WAS the deck that I played against RANDOM and nothing change since then, well, at least until now...

RichardDWade wrote:
I don't think I've seen someone quite as full of themselves as you are in some time. Thats what I get from this.
Sigh...i can't really blame you for your impression of me based on this post. And I don't think theres anyway I can change your view of me other than facing me yourself in a game or something...I value first impression as very important and i know that by posting whatever-this-is will make me look like something which i am not but let me be clear about something...

Firstly, i write this (in the chat) and then posting it here assuming that my opponent has put me in his ignore list after the comment about emoticons (notice the time gap) therefore some guy is correct in assuming that I talk to myself from this point on. I was not trying to humiliate anyone by posting it here (other than myself? o.O). I was just trying to do a humorous monologue with a lesson or two.
what lessons you might ask, well, clarifying it here would be useless now that everyone attention is drawn to the way it was brought up...

Secondly, I would like to apologise to RANDOM for all this, hes a really good sport actually, not the whiner that i post him as...
I was thinking that if he was annoyed with my deck, hell, why don't i make him annoyed with my *attitude* as well? Now its a complete package Wink

oh well...the wheel keep on turning as they said
gl n hf
surgewse

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 2:40 am    Post subject: Sigh... Reply with quote

Girls, girls...it's OK. You're all equally pretty.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> General Magic-League Issues All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2