Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Affinity kicked in the balls, again.

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> General Magic-League Issues
kfcman

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 5:10 pm    Post subject: Affinity kicked in the balls, again. Reply with quote

With Hurkyl's Recall and Shatterstorm being reprinted affinity is going to be a very scarce archtype in Extended. Was affinity really that big of a presence going into post 10th extended? Or was this mostly done to keep it in check in the new extended when extended rotates in 08?
Acid_Christ

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't know it rotated in 08, what rotates out? And I get a hunch that the recall/shatterstorm is going to handle the Prismatic lens/Coalition Relic big mana control decks. Recall might go with all the 0 casting artifacts to fuel a storm count. But I am sure their presence will also have something to do with Llorwyn block.
kfcman

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After the '08 rotation extended is Mirrodin up. Shatterstorm and Recall are good at handling those but i dont think they'll be used as much for that as they would be used for keeping affinity in check.
Acid_Christ

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, Mirrodin and newer. So then everything in invasion-scourge will be picked through for legacy and the rest collect dust. Weak Sad

Maybe they will unban skullclamp and disciple? lol

Bye bye goblins :/
kfcman

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

unban skullclamp and disciple? doubtful
possibly aether vial but still most likely not happening
Cosmo

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

people will stop playing affiny for a while. when everybody thinks that there is no affinity, some guy will play it and win something
center
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really doubt shatterstorm seeing play. I dont really see it being better than shattering storm or ancient grudge. Recall would be a good hate card for wish decks.
aldaryn

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't really see the need for these cards... Hurkyl's Recall is very rough, since you lose all modular counters and everything and it would kill your Glimmervoids too...Shatterstorm shouldn't matter.

On the other hand, Affinity survived Kataki, Pernicious Deed, and Shattering Spree...
natethetank

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aldaryn wrote:
I don't really see the need for these cards... Hurkyl's Recall is very rough, since you lose all modular counters and everything and it would kill your Glimmervoids too...Shatterstorm shouldn't matter.

On the other hand, Affinity survived Kataki, Pernicious Deed, and Shattering Spree...

except that it destroys all there permanents no matter what. thats why worse then any previous hate cards.
GoodFella

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe affinity can run somesort of random counter to stop shatterstorm or i dunno lol the deck is still very good and recall is mainly for the mirror...
KeySam

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Affinity now can play no rest for the wicked, which can do funny things with ravager, and also stop at least your creatures from dying (and returned to hand isnt an big deal for affinity)
natethetank

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KeySam wrote:
Affinity now can play no rest for the wicked, which can do funny things with ravager, and also stop at least your creatures from dying (and returned to hand isnt an big deal for affinity)

thats nice. i like how shatterstorm and recall target Rolling Eyes
KeySam

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
natethetank
PostPosted: 10 Jul 2007 04:26 Post subject:
KeySam wrote:

thats nice. i like how shatterstorm and recall target Rolling Eyes
?

no rest for the wicked

1B

enchantment

Sacrifice no rest for the wicked: Return to your hand all creatures went to graveyard from play this turn.

plz explain what your talking about natethetank, i guess you just didnt got it?
GoodFella

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He tought u suggested rebuff the whicked not that ur suggestion was much better for affinity but the deck will still be very good after invasion rotation it loses 1 hate and introduces 2 new ones it should be able to handle that no? and there is always winning game 1 and transforming sb into the a stall deck lol...
Arcanis

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if this was the first nerf to affinity, id be tempted to say oh shit

affinity is the most hated out archtype in the history of mtg

it keeps winning >_<

id put money on the following statement

"it will still be good"
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> General Magic-League Issues All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3