Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

America Sucks and I need to rant.

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Non-Magic
kendiggy

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 8:21 pm    Post subject: America Sucks and I need to rant. Reply with quote

So many things have been pissing me off lately. This is purely to let off some steam without breaking anything. It's this new thing I'm trying.

Issue #1: Idiots.

I walk into a Seven Eleven today, intending to use the ATM machine to cash my payroll check. As I walk back toward the machine, I notice two twenty-something year-old African American women standing at the machine using the phone attached to it. I walk a distance away to wait for them to finish. As I'm walking away, I hear the girl on the phone say "It says I need a PIN number, what is that?"

Later after they're finished, I finally get to use the machine. As I'm standing there, using the phone attached to it and pressing buttons and inserting cards and whatnot, a late-twenty-something African American male walks up to me and asks "Excuse me, are you using the machine?"

Yesterday, the day before yesterday, last weekend and two weeks before that I ate at three different Subway restaurants. I'll give you the dialogue of yesterday's and last weekends visits. They were both at the same location with the same employee. I'll call him SE#1 (for Subway Employee)

Me: Hi, I'll have an Italian cold-cut sub on Italian Herbs and Cheese bread, 12 inch please.

SE#1: What kind of bread?

Me: Italian herbs and cheese.

SE#1: (cutting the roll in half) You want 6-inch?

Me: 12-inch

SE#1: What kind of sub?

Me: Italian cold-cut

SE#1: You want cheese?

Me: Yes please.

He finishes putting the meat on the sub and passes it down to the next guy, no cheese.

Me: Can I have cheese?

Puts the cheese on and passes it down.

SE#2: What else you want?

Me: Lettuce, Tomato, Onion, Jalapenoes, Mayo, Salt and pepper.

Puts the lettuce on.

SE#2: What else?

Both of my visits to that location went that way. And every time - I mean every time I visit a Subway, they never put the salt on. I always ask for it, they never do it. The salt shaker is sitting right next the the pepper. But they never put salt on it.

I mean, seriously people, your job isn't that hard. It's not even like you're reading from an incorrect order slip printed from a register to find out what's on the sub, they're pointing and telling you! How do you forget that fast? Like, the guy totally struck out. He didn't get anything right! Both times! People like that should not be allowed to work in customer service.

I used to work at a sub joint. Not a Subway, just a local place in Buffalo. I know how things can get confusing. You get busy and you get in the zone, something distracts you and you lose your rhythym. It happens. But there were only two people in line! And it's not like your dropping fries and wings into the deep fryer, making tacos, building subs and grilling steak all at once while taking orders, all you have to do is cut the damn roll open and put a few slices of meat onto it. Fuck.

Issue #2: *ssholes on mwsplay

I'm sure 98% of you are familiar with this subject, so I won't drone on about it. But this one particular guy really got me going.

We're playing a game of type two, I'm playing pickles, he's mono-black discard. Late in game two, he has two Auger of Skulls in play. I have a bunch of mana up and nothing else in play. His upkeep, he sacs his first Auger targetting me. In response, I play Teferi. It resolves. Auger still on the stack, I play a face-down Fathom Seer. It resolves. I unmorph the Fathom Seer. It resolves, I draw two cards and put two islands back in my hand. I then discard the two islands for Auger. He tells me to discard. I say I did. He tells me to discard again. I say I did, again. He then pulls the Auger out of his graveyard and points it to me. I then pull the two islands out of my graveyard and point them at the Auger. He quits.

I know it seems petty, but come on... What kind of **** are you? Fuck.

Issue #3: Racism and random *ssholes.

I take the bus to work every morning. I live in a suburb of Baltimore called Catonsville. My bus starts in Catonsville and goes all the way through the west side of the city, through downtown, and into the east side of the city where I get off and walk six or seven blocks to work. It takes about and hour and a half, give or take depending on traffic which is usually really bad going through downtown. I hate it, but it's what I have to do to make ends meet.

Everyday, I'm one of the first few people to get on the bus, so I usually get a seat by myself. Then the bus fills up soon after. The first neighborhood it goes through is a predominantly African American neighborhood. I'm sure you all know the type, litter all over the streets and curbs, boarded up houses and business, the only ones not boarded up are Arabian stores selling Newport cigarettes and "human hair" plus the vast number of liquor stores with check cashing signs in the window and ragged old men sleeping on the stoop waiting for it to open. You know, that kind of neighborhood. The 'hood.

All the way through that part of the city into downtown, 95% of the time I'm the only white person on the bus. And the bus is packed. I usually sit in the seat right in front of the back door. It's been my seat since the days of high school. I put my backpack on my lap, leaving the seat next to me open and pull out a book or newspaper to read for the trip, sip my coffee and keep to myself. Meanwhile, the bus fills up. Every seat on the bus gets full, every seat but the one next to me. I'm the only white person on the bus and every seat but the one next to me is full. People are standing. The middle isle is packed, people are blocking the doorway to the backdoor and still others are fighting to get to one of the two doors while the bus is stopped before it takes off again. Yet the seat next to me is still open.

Two weeks ago I was on the bus, as usual, and at one of the stops, I notice an African American male with what appeared to be his 3-4 year old son standing in line to get on the bus. He was smoking a Newport, standing in his unlaced Timberland work boots, way over-sized jean shorts, red and white striped polo shirt with the Fubu logo across the front and a baseball cap tipped to the side. When he smoked, I could see he had gold frames around all of his front teeth. His son was running in circles around him, playing with a cool-looking plastic sword, banging it on the ground and having a grand old time. They finally get on and I hear the guy tell his son to pick a seat. The boy comes running up the isle, gets to the seat next to me, slams his sword down and says "I wanna sit here!" I look up and smile at him and his father, the father glares at me while ushering his son away, moving him to the back of the bus where all throughout the bus ride I heard him yelling at the boy to sit still while the boy cried and everyone around them shook their heads in disdain.

That bus was packed, too and the seat next to me remained open the whole time.

About a week ago, after I got off the bus and was walking the final few blocks to get to work, a truck full of white men pull up in front of me while I'm crossing the street. One of the guys rolls down his window, looks at me and says "Man, you look like a retard!" Then they pull away. What the Fuck?

I guess that's it for now. I just don't understand, I don't bother people, I keep to myself, really only speak when spoken to or when it seems appropriate. I just mind my own business and do what I have to do to get through the day. And I have to run into these people everywhere I go.

Here's a picture of me, just so you can all judge for yourselves whether or not I look like a retard.

http://www.hotornot.com/r/?eid=BZSQKYH&key=RTH

Last edited by kendiggy on Mon Jun 25, 2007 9:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Blah234

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
About a week ago, after I got off the bus and was walking the final few blocks to get to work, a truck full of white men pull up in front of me while I'm crossing the street. One of the guys rolls down his window, looks at me and says "Man, you look like a retard!" Then they pull away. What the Fuck?

LOL!!!!

You look like a normal white dude, but don't act surprised when people act like that. It's America. Most people act strange. In NYC, you see a lot of strange stuff and weird idiots. No one messes with me on the train because people think I look "too serious." Whatever that means.

And again...

Quote:

LOL!!!![/quote]
kfcman

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i didnt get close to reading the whole thing
i stopped at ATM machine

notice that this was under the issue of idiots

just fyi
ATM = Automatic Teller Machine
so saying ATM machine = Automatic Teller Machine, machine
SOAD

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah too HOT for me I'll give you a -1 (JK).

Ok maybe we all have been in the same iusses, but the fact that u point it out to others may not help too much.

BTW, can I get a new photo of urs we need it for the site. Cool

Don't worry be hippie Razz
tcook589

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate that stuff like that happens. I see it all the time going to public schools.

I concur that it sucks and those people are awful and etc... im not trying to trivialize what you're saying cause i completely agree.

However, I think the topic should be that PEOPLE suck. Because although there is a high density of it in the US, there are assholes and idiots all over the world.
HUNGTACTICS

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HOT?? NOT ROFL!!

anyways. the part at subway, they do that shit to me at quiznos all the time. i order a regular size and they make me a large fucking bastards. i have to pay like 2 bucks more and i didnt even want it that big.
seems like most of your problems come from blacks or blue collar. maybe you should move
coolcreep

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

watch this, look carefully or you will miss it. Are you watching? Ok here it comes: Black. OMG I SAID IT! Until you can prove to me that all black people were born in Africa and then moved to america, calling all black people African American is racist. Racist. Also as it was previously mentioned, saying ATM machine in a topic about idiots is swoonin for a lampoonin.
kendiggy

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just leaving it as ATM dosn't feel right. And neither does AT machine. ATM machine feels great! Say it to yourself a few times.... you'll get it.

And calling them black seems somewhat rude to me. Especially since they're not really black, more like a dark brown.

Last edited by kendiggy on Mon Jun 25, 2007 9:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jacois

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Relax Coolcreep. No need to troll the forums just to trash people. What are you, some white guy in a truck?

Zing
SaTiVa
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

about the lack of salt .... dude did u notice the 3 diff shackers there is one salt, one pepper and one mix (Salt & Pepper) they prolly putting the mixed shaker on....
PakTu

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know what you mean, not only that but, not to be racist or anything the black people around my states love to take their sweet ass time walking across the street. I mean WTF'S up with that? Just cause you were oppressed doesn't mean you have to take your sweet time crossing the road. Ahh just had to get that out. Besides I know how you feel. Sometimes that's why i avoid fast Food, sometimes they are there for their drugs other times they just have to. That's why i like going to eat Fast Food when the old people are working, at least then i know they won't do anything to my food. Also why is everyone afraid of saying black, yellow, white, red, and brown? I mean if you see a black man OBV he's black. I mean in america we are so censored from every little aspect that it is scaring me to belive that the principles the founding fathers set off to. I mean sure there are limitations but to call a man black isn't one of those, but to call you a retard? sounds like a hick with no life who can't get laid except by his dog who is always in the truck with him. Power to those that stand up, but for me i think i'll chill out.

From you friendly neighbor asian.
HUNGTACTICS

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dude who cares everyone is a racist
TD

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Race_and_intelligence

Specifically:

[urlhttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Two_Curve_Bell_with_Jobs.jpg[/url]

Owned.

Though of course, blacks being racist against whites is kind of funny; of course, blacks seem to be against success, culturally speaking. A lot of blacks reject other blacks who are successful as selling out or being "uncle toms" or similarly racist things; it is truly bizzare. It is very self-defeating, and also drives the people who break the stereotype away from the rest of them.
Mirage

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

she was probably sent by someone to get money out of the machine and she didn't know how.

i've found that people will ask a question they know the answer to just the bring the topic it surrounds up.

Lastly I worked at a Subway and always had to ask people what they wanted again, because they were under the impression that we put everything on at once and it's supposed to be a build as you go deal. Would you rather get something close to what you wanted or nonsense? Also subway has a salt/pepper mix that looks like pepper so i think you might have just let the impression it was salt overwhelm you so that you didn't notice, OR i'm the best sandwich artist in all the land and those in other parts are dismal failures (Discard a card)

basically i think you're being a little snooty. i didn't read past that because i care not to hear the ongoings of someone so easily bothered.
DRINKALCOHOL

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

maybe if you hurry the fuck up at the atm people wont hassle you
and then you can use that time to order a sub like a normal person...
have you never been to a subway before???? they ask you what you want and you answer...maybe slow the fuck down next time and you wont have to repeat yourself..
the guy at the counter probably thought you were a douche and wasnt even listening...

also... i know lots of black people.... unfortunately i dont know any that are from africa... AND if you really wanna be a faget pussy take note that the term "African-American" isnt even politically correct anymore... Look it up.. because obviously you dont have enough common sense to realize that assuming someone is from africa because theyre black is pretty fucken racist... especially in america where most black families have been here for centuries and 30 percent of the population is spanish speaking

knobs like you are whats wrong with america so god bless the patriots who called you a fucken retard hopefully it happens every day

Edit: Grammar is the suck.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Non-Magic All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2