Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

icy mani type question

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Magic Rulings
Keifru

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If they wanted to keep your stuff from attacking, they would have to do it during the pre-combat step (or mainphase I, or upkeep). You cant "in responce" to a choice like tapping to attack.

They can also tap you EOT (of course).
Hank333

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know in the olden days (and i belive it is still pretty much the same) when ever you attack, its like before you attack you "declare your attack phase" before you can accually tap you creatures to attack, that is when you must tap there guys with Icy manipulator, or rathi trapper, or whatever. Sometimes you might be playing a tournement match, and say "i declear my attack" and if they don't take that oppurtunity to tap your guy, you can swing and they can't try to tap him afterwards because he is already attacking.
googa

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the first step of the the combat phase is the "Begginning of combat step." this is the best (and last) place to tap creatures before they attack in the second step of the combat phase which is the "declare attackers step." the declare blockers, combat damage, and end of combat steps follow in that order, but don't partain to your question.
kby

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

more like...

say: Attack Phase

to symbolize you are entering your combat phase of the turn, past pre-combat mainphase

...but tapping in response to attacking.. it just makes u backup a second and redeclare attacking.
onecleanceli

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i only read a couple responses b/c i just dont feel like reading.. to keep a short answer for you, its pretty much like this...

your opponent has priority on his turn, he declares his attack phase, which means he is passing priority to end his first main phase.. you have priority now at the end of his main phase to do whatever you'd like, once both players pass on an empty stack, phases switch over to the attack phase, where he has priority once again, and can declare his attackers (you cant not respond to him tapping his creatures to attack) so therefore if you want to tap them out with icy, or glare, etc. you must do it pre-combat
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Magic Rulings All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1