Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How to build an actually competitive mill deck

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks

Do you believe this deck is competitive?
yes
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
no
78%
 78%  [ 11 ]
needs work first, but yes
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
I don't care
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
OMG DONT U NO N E THING U N00B?1 ADD SZADEK + GLIMPSE + ENIGMA EIDOLON + XTRAPATE PLZ OK FUK U THX BY N00B.
21%
 21%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 14

KeySam

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First of all, i think the most people know that you dont need 1k spells to build up a "mill deck". But this is has not a sligth chance vs the most of the decks of the meta. The only good mus should be other control and even there youll get problems if they play sulfur elemental(lol). Cause you have 0 board control, you will die too a turn 1 kird ape, hell you even die to a llanowar elve if you dont draw fast enough in your factory, even when you could counter everything else(now imagin he went first and adds a elephant token or whatever to the board...) i think you got the point. And you play Teferi for what? you play Teferi + teaching but getting no real advantage of it this deck looks like thrown together in 5seks, i guess you read some articles on the offical page and builded then this thing... What else to say, i realy dont know. But you got 1 point, your right by saying that a mill deck doesnt need tons of fast millers, at least there wasnt a mill deck working like this and beeing realy succesful(at least i can remember), the old mill decks where just control with millstone. Taking this in consideration a control deck playing 4 jesters scepter instead of their normal finishers would probablly do well, cause scepter is also control. But if you name your topic like this there should be at least a deck, with a bit of an gameplan not just 5k counters + tron...

KeySam
Vedrfolner

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rewind is infinitely better than Dismal Failure because you can cast Teferi or Mysctical Teachings at eot, after hardcountering.

I also noticed that your Teferi-MT combo does nothing in this deck, until after sb, and then it will only if your deck didnt work first game. That doesnt make sense.

Basically, if you are going to mill your opponent, but your creature win conditions are better than the mill strategy, then there is no point in actually running a mill strategy.

However, your point about milling not needing intense card devotion is ofcourse a valid one.
Daveslusher

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A few words:

1. The reason Martyr-tron was able to do what your triying to do(mill) is because it could hold of finishers AND early game aggro thats to the namesakes lifegain.

2. Teferi teachings is useless in this deck till the sb
PonyExpress

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

// Lands
3 [9E] Urza's Mine
3 [9E] Underground River
3 [9E] Urza's Power Plant
3 [9E] Urza's Tower
3 [RAV] Dimir Aqueduct
2 [MM] Island (3)
1 [TSP] Swamp (2)
1 [TSP] Academy Ruins
4 [RAV] Watery Grave
1 [PLC] Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth

// Creatures
2 [FUT] Shimian Specter

// Spells
2 [TSP] Spell Burst
3 [PLC] Damnation
4 [RAV] Glimpse the Unthinkable
2 [TSB] Mirari
4 [RAV] Remand
2 [RAV] Dimir Signet
3 [GP] Repeal
4 [PLC] Extirpate
3 [CS] Jester's Scepter
3 [RAV] Psychic Drain
2 [9E] Traumatize
2 [RAV] Compulsive Research

// Sideboard
SB: 2 [TSP] Spell Burst
SB: 1 [CS] Jester's Scepter
SB: 2 [9E] Traumatize
SB: 2 [TSP] Teferi, Mage of Zhalfir
SB: 4 [TSP] Cancel
SB: 2 [9E] Defense Grid
SB: 2 [TSP] Dralnu, Lich Lord

Mill deck that I run. Having Mirari makes for fun times with this deck.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1