Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Deck choice for regionals

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks

Best option?
Gruul beats
25%
 25%  [ 5 ]
UR Tron
5%
 5%  [ 1 ]
UB Dralnu
20%
 20%  [ 4 ]
BW discard
10%
 10%  [ 2 ]
GB Dregde
15%
 15%  [ 3 ]
Dragonstorm
25%
 25%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 20

DESTRUCTOR

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 12:31 pm    Post subject: Deck choice for regionals Reply with quote

hello i am going to regionals in 2 weeks and the meta i am expecting is few DS, UR tron, dregde from below and aggro decks, what do you guys think is the best deck i can use to be prepare against the meta?

Gruul, UR tron, Dralnu, BW discard, BG dregde..other?

PD: if you select "other" please say which one and maybe put a decklist

thanks Very Happy
Hank333

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

personally i like Project X, Its my play style, its powerful, and alot of people at regionals play on modo and you can't play agianst project x on modo because it takes too many clicks and modo doesn't go infinate.
It should beat aggro, i think it beats dredge as long as you survive to turn 5 or so. It can beat Dstorm, agian its just a race to go off. and it doesn't NEED to combo to win, which is nice.

my 2 cents...
Hawkins

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

personally i like dralnu. it hasn't really changed much after future sight and it still seems strong. the counter magic is better than it has been in a long time and the fact that damnnation is in the deck makes it good vs aggro. i think if you have to patience to play it for around 7 or 8 rounds i think it will do well. plus there are so many answers in that deck to any situation.

if you dont have to patience then play the dregde deck. it wins most first games and even with hate in the other persons board they have to get it two straight games and if they dont you auto win. and sometime you just get the nuts and win on like turn 4 anyway.

gl man
Magx

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

seriously... just go with what you are comfortable with and play the best you can...
DESTRUCTOR

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well the regional's here are normally only 5-6 rounds so play control is not such a big problem....and i can play anything but i am not sure on what deck to use...

PD: which seems betther dralnu or solar flare?..i have more experience with flare but in 2 weeks i guess i can learn about matchups of dralnu Smile
FlyingFreak

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuul ftw
sgt_pepper
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

out of the decks you listed up there, play either gruul or dragonstorm. in my opininon, these 2 would be the best for the current meta
Koen

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please name the subject of your post better.

These days everybody wants "help for regionals", being advice for 1 deck, or how many food to bring or w/e.

I now changed it to Deck choice for regionals.
Clash

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grull and D-storm are sure tier1 decks and best choices maybe, but consider that u will face a lot of mirror if u choose these...so learn to play mirrors
DESTRUCTOR

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes gruul is the deck i like the most, but panda conection seems strong too and nobody would expect that here Wink soo that's a plus...por x...i dont know i just dont like that deck it doesnt suits me

noxious770 he is saying to put wrath or dammnation on sb because panda conection do switch post-sb so sb would be more controlish

cogito could you post your panda conection because i am interested on seing that deck (more than 1 build is always betthet than just 1)

Koen wrote:
Please name the subject of your post better.

These days everybody wants "help for regionals", being advice for 1 deck, or how many food to bring or w/e.

I now changed it to Deck choice for regionals.

Sorry Very Happy but thanks for changing it
DESTRUCTOR

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

what do you think of this Wr uild that totally kills DS has a good matchup against aggro and it can beat control

Creatures: 8
2 DIMIR HOUSE GUARD
2 Skeletal Vampire
3 Angel Of Despair
1 Detritivore

OTHER SPELLS: 28
1 PHYREXIAN TOTEM
1 Orzhov Signet
1 rAKDHOS SIGNET
1 Boros signet
4 Phyrexian Arena
3 Faith's Fetters
1 Debtors' Knell
2 Condemn
4 Castigate
3 Hide / Seek
2 Persecute
2 Damnation
2 Wrath Of God
1 NIGHTMARE VOID

LANDS: 24
4 Plains
4 Swamp
2 Caves Of Koilos
4 fLAGSTONES OF TROKAIR
2 Sacred foudry
4 Godless Shrine
2 Orzhov Basilica
1 Urza's Factory
1 Urborg, Tomb Of Yawgmoth

SB:
2 Tormod's Crypt
1 Ivory mask
2 Extirpate
2 detritivore
3 Luminesce
3 Sudden Death
2 Wrath Of God

this deck is BW control type it consist on using castigate and hide/seek to get some trouble cards out of the game, good against control because they use so few win conditions and golden against DS because it just give you the game, (seek for a hellkite to pump 8 lifes is nice) use dimir house guard to fetch for the moment answer against control persecute, against DS persecute or fetthers depending in the moment of the game, against aggro wrath/dammnation and the win conditions are some old stuff angel of despair and skeletal vampire need not explanation, and the singleton detritivore is to have more good matchup against control decks (specially Tron decks) (we can fetch him with dimir house guard)

It does have an excellent matchup against DS, and have good matchup against aggro but gruul may have a good start and if we dont have a decent start we are in troubles...but dimir house guard is here to help us with that incresing our chances on getting a wrath or fetthers

Control are hard matchups, you have UB Dralnu which is the betther control deck in my opinion which only use 6 win condition 3 teferis, 2 skeletal vampire and 1 dralnu, this last 1 is maybe the biggets problem because we can figth against some number of counters but not when they have flashback!! so the 1º hide/seek may go looking for dralnu, castigates are for mystical teachings B/C,
nightmare void is here mostly against this matchup because there would be a moment when they dont counter.
post-sb we get an extirpate war but if we can avoid they RFG our own extirpate we are going well, the sudden deaths are for teferi, after that an extirpate to teferi increase our chances on winning, extirpating the counters may not be such a bad idea because if they run out of countermagic their deck sucks

UR tron, in this 1 we have more chances on winning because they can slow us for very little time, and when we see an opportunity on going for persecute take it because is almost GG or also dimir house guard to fetch for a detritivore and screw their game, hide/seek, depending on how the game goes, is almost every time for RFG demonfire cause we cant stop that, the hellkites indeed are a problem but we have 2 conden,3 fetthers, 4 castigate and 4 wrath (2/2) to handle them, post-sb we have ivory mask (brougth to you by dimir house guard) to evoid burn from demonfire and hellkite and 2 more detritivore to make things interesting even after wildfire!!

Dregde is an interesting matchup that i havent tested, but i think pre-sb is a really bad matchup, of course we can save our ass by Seeking his flame-kin zealot to avoid a lethal dmg in 1 turn, and after that we just must go after the bridges because the monsters are handle byt wraths and fetthers (yes akroma can be handle with this!!!), and the golden card here would be debtor's knell taking their monsters is sexy Smile post-sb we have tormod's crypt which is way betther than leyline of the void because we can use it 1 turn and send all his hard work to hell, extirpate for bridge from below is a must!! detritivore also shings here

it every control matchup the key event is to resolve a phyrexian arena, doing that will almost mean game for us because of the card advantage

well tell me what you guys think about the deck and if you think is viable and if you recomended for regionals over
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2