Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Dust of Moments (DoM) Competative?

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> TimeSpiral Block Constructed (TBC)

What do you think of the deck?
competative
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
casual
20%
 20%  [ 1 ]
could be competative with some adjustments
40%
 40%  [ 2 ]
special...
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
"looks like crap kthxbye roflmao bbq"
40%
 40%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 5

Shjdf

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 4:16 pm    Post subject: Dust of Moments (DoM) Competative? Reply with quote

Ok the name's Sven you've all probably beat me in T2 tournaments cause honestly I suck bad. I refuse to net deck and therefore its hard to win, though I still think some of my rogue decks should do better than they are.

I've been tinkering with a deck the past couple days as I've just recently decided to take a shot at the TSP block and prefer rogue decking to net decking, and have decided to seek some feedback. It's a fairly fast deck, though I havent had much luck trying it in tournaments. Both times i entered with this deck it flopped to do only getting two mana with an otherwise perfect hand. Other matchups with fellow players have gone well though, including a match on mwsplay server with the room entitled "Best 2/3" where my opponent neglected to play the second game after losing to three gargadons, a pumped epochrasite and two chroniclers on 1 counter left on turn 6.

The problems for the deck are obvious:
Tefari... Tefari... and maybe even Tefari.
Tefari isn't a fatal obstacle though, theres still ways around it... like actually playing everything with the billions of spare land you will rack up.
Jhoira dying usually isn't a problem, by the time I play her I usually have a bloom going off or something else opponents deem more important to kill, so i can still get one or two things put up for four.

I do presonally love the Jhoira-Aeon Chronicler combo, throw out a dust of moments out when they're suspended and things get fun. Or hell a gargadon up for 4 never hurts anyone... other than the opponent... Basically the deck has loads of tempo and card advantage. Damnation you say? K... i guess ill just have to sack everything to my gargadons who are just itching to reach the feild and wreak some havok. Extirpate? Fair enough, take apart my deck, I really wasnt looking forward to it but I guess ill have to dichotomancy and use yours. I was saving it for a mono green beats or a red/green beats but sure.
As for card advantage you really have to play-test the deck before you can judge the rather weak looking deck build but
trust me once you pop one or two 11/11 aeon chroniclers with haste on the same turn this deck puts the the tron version win con to shame. Once again you dont have to beleive that the deck is any good but from my experience it tears the hell outta the meta here.

As of now the sideboard is a bit for show. I've tried the dragonstorms and yeah it's fun but unreliable as too many combo peices are needed for it to go off. But as fast as i can rationally see it it would go: Turn one lotus bloom, land and whatever else, Turn two timebug,land, Turn three jhoira,land, sac the bloom and put d-storm up for 4, Turn four timecrafting for three and then d-storm for two and go for two hellkites.
It is a threat though, if they see a d-storm up for four they start to sweat, and with this deck its not easily countered because I can just as easily timecraft or dust of moments and bring it out sooner. So unless you want to hold mana for four turns to belay a dragonstorm whilst I play four turns worth of cards then You're gonna get a face full of hellkites... and no one likes a face full of hellkites... not even hellkites.

Anyways here I am ranting and you havent even seen the deck yet so... merry christmas... and please I dont want negative feedback unless you've tried the deck and have something to say. I don't want some idiot net-decking tool to come on and leave some comment like "looks like crap kthxbye roflmao bbq" or something, that's what the poll is for.

// Lands
8 [TSP] Island
8 [TSP] Mountain
4 [TSP] Calciform Pools

// Creatures
4 [FUT] Jhoira of the Ghitu
4 [PLC] Aeon Chronicler
1 [PLC] Detritivore
4 [TSP] Greater Gargadon
4 [FUT] Epochrasite
3 [TSP] Jhoira's Timebug

// Spells
3 [PLC] Dichotomancy
4 [PLC] Timecrafting
4 [TSP] Lotus Bloom
3 [TSP] Ancestral Vision
3 [FUT] Dust of Moments
3 [TSP] Rift Bolt

// Sideboard
SB: 2 [PLC] Detritivore
SB: 2 [PLC] Arc blade
SB: 3 [TSB] Browbeat
SB: 3 [TSP] Trickbind
SB: 2 [TSP] Dragonstorm
SB: 3 [TSP] Bogardan Hellkite
coolcreep

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wtfno.
toguppy

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dude how about playing tefferi in the deck? it combats other tef's.
i'd personally up the number of rift bolt's, take out the dichotomancy's(too situational. they'll never tap anything while its about to resolve) chuck in some vedalken aethermages. this will search out teferi or jhoira and maybe a single timebender/willbender in the deck.
if it were me id prefer to be playing hellkites over gargadons.
Shjdf

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thx for the tips

usually the point of the dichotomancy is that i get three or four turns to scare people, the point of them is that you dont know if i can go off or not its like a three or four turn bluff, if i have timebugs, timecrafting or dust of moments then i can go off on dichotomancy whenever i need to.

And as for the hellkites, i would play them maindeck its just they they require jhoira, if shes dead then i have huge mana cost dead cards in hand, she's just here to make the suspended cards like gargadon and aeon faster and more powerfull. But i do understand how your suggestions help make the deck more reliant on jhoira and make her more playable.

Also throwing in a teferi wont really help against a teferi as the threat teferi poses to me is that i cant use any of my suspended cards as they all activate on my upkeep.
toguppy

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yup i see that

// Lands
4 [TSP] Terramorphic Expanse
2 [TSP] Calciform Pools
5 [TSP] Island (3)
5 [TSP] Plains (3)
3 [TSP] Mountain (2)
4 [TSB] Gemstone Mine
1 [TSP] Urza's Factory

// Creatures
4 [PLC] Aeon Chronicler
2 [TSP] Teferi, Mage of Zhalfir
4 [FUT] Lost Auramancers
2 [FUT] Vedalken AEthermage

// Spells
1 [TSB] Sacred Mesa
1 [TSB] Teferi's Moat
1 [FUT] Imperial Mask
4 [TSP] Paradox Haze
1 [FUT] Take Possession
4 [TSP] Ancestral Vision
4 [TSP] Lotus Bloom
4 [FUT] Chronomantic Escape

// Sideboard
SB: 4 [TSB] Serrated Arrows
SB: 3 [PLC] Detritivore
SB: 2 [PLC] Numot, the Devastator
SB: 2 [TSB] Dragonstorm
SB: 3 [TSP] Bogardan Hellkite
SB: 1 [FUT] Take Possession

heres the current deck that im working with as said tef poses a threat the take possession is quite funny in this regard. jhoira is only a back up in this deck as youve said you dont like relying on her otherwise the deck can die too easily. if you do play a tef in response to your opponent playing one then it should be fine as they'd have to play one the instant they could due to your suspended cards about to go off.
Fanboy

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

few things to do:

1. put Teferi in!!! if you control teferi...that effect only harms your opponent.

2. Dichtomancy...a card I like but have had much struggle using effectively. If anything this will only harm aggro decks...SB it

3. Drop Time crafting and Dust of moments. Go with more time bugs, rift elementals, and fury charms (can hit artifacts if needed, important in block).

4. Add Deep Sea Kraken...he is a MUST for these decks and is debateably better than gargadon.

5. I feel browbeat is unneeded in sb.

Things I like:

...Dtorm Sb is interesting. If it works keep it.

My take of the deck:

// Lands
10 [TSP] Mountain (1)
10 [TSP] Island (4)
2 [TSB] Desert

// Creatures
3 [TSP] Deep-Sea Kraken
3 [FUT] Rift Elemental
3 [TSP] Jhoira's Timebug
2 [TSP] Greater Gargadon
1 [PLC] Detritivore
3 [TSP] Teferi, Mage of Zhalfir
4 [PLC] Aeon Chronicler

// Spells
3 [TSP] Lotus Bloom
4 [FUT] Delay
4 [TSP] Rift Bolt
4 [TSP] Ancestral Vision

// Sideboard
SB: 2 [TSP] Wipe Away
SB: 4 [TSP] Empty the Warrens
SB: 2 [TSP] Word of Seizing
SB: 4 [PLC] Sulfur Elemental
Shjdf

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thx again for the input.

I've decided to sideboard teferi as the only time i seam to get big problems with this deck is when facing teferi and not every deck uses him.

Dichotomancy usually does me well even if the opponenet only has one creature they still arent going to attack with it because i can go off with dichotomancy whenever i neeed to, but i have lowered the count to two MD and one SB.

Timecrafting and dust of moments are the deck. I dont know if you (fanboy) had tried the deck but originally before i posted the deck here i had used the elementals and changed to dust of moments because this deck requires the element of surprise. The rift elementals slow the deck down, there are very few times where i've been in a situation with no options because the card advantage is massive. The rift elementals cost to remove counters is too high and i can't get through removing counters fast enough with him. However i have changed the counter removing balance to include fury charms.

Deep-Sea Kraken = in, i honestly dont know how i had missed that.

And yeah the SB was random like i had mentioned.

I've also changed the mana base a little.

Here's my refined list:

// Lands
7 [TSP] Mountain
5 [TSP] Island
4 [TSP] Calciform Pools
2 [TSP] Terramorphic Expanse
2 [FUT] Tolaria West

// Creatures
4 [PLC] Aeon Chronicler
4 [TSP] Greater Gargadon
4 [FUT] Epochrasite
3 [TSP] Jhoira's Timebug
2 [TSP] Deep-Sea Kraken

// Spells
2 [PLC] Dichotomancy
2 [PLC] Timecrafting
4 [TSP] Lotus Bloom
3 [TSP] Ancestral Vision
2 [FUT] Dust of Moments
3 [TSP] Rift Bolt
3 [PLC] Fury Charm

// Sideboard
SB: 1 [PLC] Dichotomancy
SB: 2 [TSP] Paradox Haze
SB: 2 [PLC] Detritivore
SB: 3 [TSP] Teferi, Mage of Zhalfir
SB: 2 [TSP] Word of Seizing
SB: 2 [PLC] Sulfur Elemental
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> TimeSpiral Block Constructed (TBC) All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1