Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Reputation" Rating System

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> General Magic-League Issues

Do you think a "Reputation" system would be a good addition?
Yes
66%
 66%  [ 22 ]
No
33%
 33%  [ 11 ]
Total Votes : 33

Spartan-420

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 8:35 pm    Post subject: "Reputation" Rating System Reply with quote

No, this thread isn't about the actual ratings, this one's about "Reputation". What I mean by reputation has to do with something that is very similar to the X Box Live reputation system (how well you are, good or bad person to play with/against, and whether you are a friendly person to play with/against, and so on).
Now that I have brought that to your attention, I would like everyone to vote on whether this system might be a good addition to M-L or not.
I would really like to see this happen because it would help out in picking your opponents for league matches, just becuase some players like to be f***heads and annoy the shit out of you.
This system would probably have the "voting of reputation" after a league match and/or a tournament match.
Well, that's just some food for thought, plz everyone that has read this post, VOTE!!!
Spartan-420

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My intentions for this "Reputation" System is not EXCLUSIVLY for GO, my intentions were for M-L and it's players... And it WILL NOT AFFECT PLAYER RATINGS (Constructed, Limited, Eternal, etc...)
Kaesh

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly, league matches are such an insignificant part of the league that noone will bother to implement this. Very Happy
Trivial

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 8:54 am    Post subject: An ebay rating (positive review %) may be simpler Reply with quote

An "ebay" rating (positive, negative, short comment line) would be simpler.

Also, if you confine the ratings to league games, you help mitigate the cheating problem to some extent.

Just suggestions. I love the site.

Trivial
Malhavoc

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The idea is good. I would implement it just by putting a mandatory "vote entry" next to the result entry on main page. You'll be able to catch double nicks the same way you get those who try to raise their rating in the same way. Yes, someone could give 0 or 10 just on purpose, but overall the average result should be quite reasonable. And after all it does not have any REAL relevance in order to give you points or prizes: it's just for reference for the judges and the other players.

Ah, and the single votes should remain secret, of course (at least for non-judges), just the average value should be displayed.
Sampo

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that this would be a good idea to implement along with league matches. As you report for a league match, just have a simple thumbs up/sown selection as you submit. I don't think the reputation system should have any effect on pairings for tournaments in any way, but I think it would be helpful when deciding whether or not to play a casual/league match against a particular person.
Malhavoc

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, maybe just and up/down thumb could resolve the problem of 10s/0s given just for the sake of it: a max or min vote can affect the average quite a lot, but just a yes/no answer isn't going to matter much on the long run.
Drizzs

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think this is a good idea... but what about something diffrent instead of a vote rating system maybe give everyone a set rating such as umm 2000 points... and providing logs of any indescretions would remove 10 points from the rating or so.. something to that effect.. like have box when u report that says.. good or bad opponent... with reasons as to why there good and why there bad.. and logs or somethin and maybe appoint someone to look threw quickly and accept the ones that are true and delete the ones that are full of crap!

I'd be whilling to do it:)

Love
Drizzs
Kaesh

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nico wrote:
One problem though people will automatically vote 10/10/10 for their friends and 0/0/0 for people they dislike.

Isn't the whole point of this system to give good votes to people you like and bad ones to people you don't like? Smile
Drizzs

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ahahahaha keash is right:P but i think he mostly meant to ur friends give 10/10/10 and 0/0/0 to everyone else soo u could be the worst ass in the game but if you have enough friends:P
coolcreep

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

omg i lost and im pissed about it /rate exp 0 /rate fun 0 /rate speed -1337. Unless you have some kind of solution to something like that (which is impossible) the idea simply wont work.
Malhavoc

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coolcreep wrote:
omg i lost and im pissed about it /rate exp 0 /rate fun 0 /rate speed -1337. Unless you have some kind of solution to something like that (which is impossible) the idea simply wont work.

Even if lot of people are going to do that, the system can still work, unless we are ALL morons here (hmm..). It would just mean that there won't be VERY hight ratings, but still those better than the others will keep an higher average value, thanks to those who vote with sense. Those who just vote 0 for the sake of it aren't going to spoil the system as long as they do that every time.. they will just lower the average value for all the players, and nothing more.
Volcanon

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this is a terrible idea. People will give their friends 10/10/10 and people they don't like or lose to 0/0/0. Magic-League isn't a popularity contest.
Revik

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This idea is awful. I dont want people refusing to play games with me because one time I got mad about some bullshit loss to land d or dstorm, and I DO GET MAD sometimes.
Malhavoc

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Revik wrote:
This idea is awful. I dont want people refusing to play games with me because one time I got mad about some bullshit loss to land d or dstorm, and I DO GET MAD sometimes.

Well, that would be part of the reasons for this system: force people to behave in a civil way. Nobody likes an opponent who gets mad at him.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> General Magic-League Issues All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2