Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Cheating on MWS ?

Goto page 1, 2  Next

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
Magx

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 10:20 pm    Post subject: Cheating on MWS ? Reply with quote

I just played against someone.... playing LD and how convenient... I didn't not draw lands for more than ELEVEN TURNS !

plz someone, prove that you can cheat on mws !

so we got an anti cheat software
HUNGTACTICS

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mws is just bad at shuffling.. happens to me all the time
Taoofss

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shhh whats that sounds? sounds like waaaa waaaa waaaaa.
IshiIshi

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If he drew 5 Stone Rains, or whatever, then you could call it cheating.

But if you loose to mana screw, you should blame it on the shuffler, or you can just accept that there is an element of luck to the game, and @#$% happens.

Or, you just might not be running enough lands.
HUNGTACTICS

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

one time i ran a deck with 24 lands and got mana screwed 2 games
thedarkness

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One time, true story, I got mana screwed.
Running Stasis.
The second most mana fucked deck in existance. Running 30 lands. Mine ran 31.

4 lands, 5 games. How's that for a short story. SO QUIT YOUR WHINING. Even the cheating software for apprentice couldn't alter your opponent's library as near as I know.
NahHolmes

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's called "random" a strage concept to people who have never played vs. someone who can actually shuffle a deck. I went to a large Legacy event with Burn had this guy playing Affinity at 3 under an Ensnaring Bridge and lost after drawing in 16 cards <<<---- "16 DAMN CARDS" 13x Mountains, 2x Shattering Sprees, and 1x Mogg Fanatic. Yeah I know I had like 1/3 of my deck that could kill him instantly and there he only had 8 cards left that could damage me but guess what, he randomly pile shuffled then rifled me 7x to randomize and got lucky. I noticed when I used to goto FNM that like 90% of casual players basically cheat when they shuffle so I would help them "randomize" their decks which normally resulted in tears. #1 rule of card/dice games is shit happens, getting land screwed 2x games in a row with a 24 land deck is like rolling back to back 20s on a d20, doesn't happen often but eventually it does happen. There is nothing wrong with the MWS shuffler.
thedarkness

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And for the record, MWS's programmers would have a hack dealt with before we could even DEVELOP an anti-hack program. It is a VERY well maintained application. SO STFU!
thedarkness

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NahHolmes wrote:
There is nothing wrong with the MWS shuffler.

*cries* OH MY GOD! Thank you. Nobody actually appreciates the complicated mathematical equations that went into randomizing the mws shuffler as much as possible. It randomizes more effectively than anyone could by hand.
Equinox-

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I get landscrewed playing decks with 26 lands and get flooded with TES which plays 11 lands all the fucking time. I bitch and moan (Mostly to myself though) and then keep on playing. Just deal with it. It happens to me a lot but I still win more than I lose because I'm a good player.
Egnirys

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In a 24 land deck: roughly 0.2% chance of drawing 11 non-lands in a row. So every 1000 game you expect 2 of such screws, not to mention the possibility of 10 card screws, 12 card screws and worse.
Revik

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The mws shuffler is better than the apprentice shuffler. You dont always get perfect hands, but you do sometimes. That is all that is needed for proof.
mTk-Away
Level 3 Judge

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I once rolled double 1's in Monopoly... twice in a row!
Logically thinking, either my opponent was cheating or the die system must be changed so that it always gives rolls with added value beetween 7 and 12.
Apos

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1 time i played with 24 land deck mulled to 5 on the draw all mulls where 0 land
g2 first 7 cards 0 land mull to 5 lands and 1 accel Very Happy
Shyft-
Level 4 Judge

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vintage- wrote:
I get landscrewed playing decks with 26 lands and get flooded with TES which plays 11 lands all the fucking time. I bitch and moan (Mostly to myself though) and then keep on playing. Just deal with it. It happens to me a lot but I still win more than I lose because I'm a good player.

No. You win more than you lose because Magic-League has many players who are worse than you. You are a mediocre player.
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2