Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

B/R vore

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
Jacois

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

uberman wrote:
Rough and Tumble in the SB....counts as 2 sorceries for vore and is not much worse than Pyroclasm.

Rough/Tumble does not count as two sorcery "cards". Nice try though.

I like Cryoclasm maindeck, very techy, but it's pretty pointless unless you already have 4 stone rains. Just my 2 cents. Nice deck. Maybe a Persecute or 2 as well.
x9nium

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are many black sorceries that could be included in this deck. U can run some discard/disruption :Blackmail, Brain Pry, Fall (Rise/Fall)... somo reanimation for ur vores :Dread Return, Zombify...
Land destruction: Caustic Rain or another incredible spells such as Curse of the Cabal and Smallpox.
U can also include amazing sb cards like Deathmark

Curse of the Cabal, omg a 10 mana spell. Yes, if u think about hardcasting it, it sucks hard, but if u just suspend it, ur opponent will have to sac a permanent each 2 turns, or if he doesnt (i dont think any decent player will take this path) he will sac half of his permanents. Against control u just have to change it for whatever u have in your sideboard, since they will counter it after the 3 suspended turns so it will be wasting mana. But against aggro matchups its pure cream since u pay 4 mana and ur opponent have to sac a lot of permanents to "counter" it.

Rough/Tumble is a good card since u can deal with PC legendary dragons and with PC's Akroma or TS's Hellkite.

Another R/B bomb is called Void. U can play it against Boros for 2 and it will be breaking the game. U can also play it for 8 vs UWR Control to kill Akroma or Hellkite, and make them thiscard more 8 cost cards in hand.
sc4rs

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Note to everyone playing t2 Vore decks - run an alternate win other than 4x Vore, please. There are plenty of decks that will save one kill spell, destroy your first Vore, and Extirpate you for the win. Also, a well timed Tormod's Crypt will keep you from doing much of anything. With graveyard hate running rampant, you really do need something else. Not to mention Circle of Protection: Red...
derflippi
Level 4 Judge

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

+ some Detrivore Wink
emiralim

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

as an addiotional win condition i suggest phyrexian totem...
Eldar

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you should take out some of the bad cards and add more of the good cards.

Main Deck:
-2 threaten
-4 browbeat
-4 Rift Bolt or Volcanic Hammer (I suggest rift bolt)
-3 Bust/Boom

+4 Stone Rain
+4 Avalanche Riders
+3 Wildfire
+2 Persecute

Some sideboard suggestions would be extirpate, 4th cryoclasm, persecutes, nightmare void (amazing in vore decks), deathmark, or even rough/tumble would all work fine.
Vedrfolner

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use this opportunity to flash my RB Vore Rack deck Smile

4 The Rack
4 Phyrexian Arena
4 Magnivore
4 Bottle Gnomes
2 Infernal Tutor
1 Demonfire
4 Blackmail
4 Rise // Fall
4 Stupor
2 Persecute
4 Damnation
7 Swamp
4 Mountain
4 Sulfurous Springs
4 Blood Crypt
1 Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth
3 Rix Maadi, Dungeon Palace
SB: 4 Extirpate
SB: 4 Pyroclasm
SB: 4 Sudden Death
SB: 3 Nightmare Void

The idea is much the same as your deck, but this one is more extreme.
Jacois

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just add some Demon Fires. That way all you REALLY need is one Magnivore hit and a topdeck for the win.
Eldar

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do not see any reason to not switch out bust/boom for wildfire wildfire is better in almost every situation for you. As for browbeat you don't need it because you won't draw off it very often whereas arena in your seems like plenty of draw. The U/R version only runs compulsive research, sleight of hand, and ancestral vision for draw and some builds don't run vision so you should be fine without lava axe seriously it is a bad card in the deck if you are that concerned about draw splash blue and play compulsive and sleight. I play u/r/b vore in t2 myself and it works fine without browbeat.
ringman

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think if u just want a good b/r vore in t2 u should just pm kriswithak because its the most decent list i've seen so far
KriswithaK

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes just PM me Razz
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2