Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Wrath-resistant MGA

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
Taoofss

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. he had a pretty nutty hand and draw
2. you said you have a ton of removal, you only played 2
3. mga tend to run out of steam, vs control it will beat face and get you down to about 5-8, than die as the control player gain board and card advantage. harmonize helps, but since you are playing 8 mana elves and 24 lands in this deck, plus fatal frezy and giant growth, which are useless if you dont have any creatures out, thats 40 cards you dont want to see if you just casted harmonize.
4. i really dont like his mana base, 24 lands and 8 elves in a mono green agro deck. thats horrid.
Jacois

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Taoofss wrote:
3. mga tend to run out of steam, vs control it will beat face and get you down to about 5-8, than die as the control player gain board and card advantage. harmonize helps, but since you are playing 8 mana elves and 24 lands in this deck, plus fatal frezy and giant growth, which are useless if you dont have any creatures out, thats 40 cards you dont want to see if you just casted harmonize.
4. i really dont like his mana base, 24 lands and 8 elves in a mono green agro deck. thats horrid.

What the hell is the matter with you?! Didn't you even read the post? He presented someone else's deck from memory, it's not an exact list. GOD you're stupid...

Anyways, I think that's pretty standard for the MGA hastey deck. Just the red splash is different. I still think it's a bad deck, but that's probably because I use Martyr in T2. Aggro doesn't really like Martyr's. Wink
nasa

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this deck does seem pretty bad, but here is an actual comment

i know you are 2 color r/g but birds seems inferior than boreal druid in this build at least he can swing for 1. i mean you should by all means beable to support your splash for Red and you GGG for Ball but still i think Druid seems better.
onecleanceli

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have a friend playing mga, with the forcemage, but its strictly green, and instead of harmonize, he plays greater good, so he can sac his ball lightning after swinging for 9-12+ and go massive card advantage, same with uktabi drakes, giant solifuges, and timbermares..... it works really well when u go turn 2 forcemage, turn 3 groundbreaker + uktabi drake, thats 14 dmg alone if they go untouched
Taoofss

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jacois wrote:
Taoofss wrote:

What the hell is the matter with you?! Didn't you even read the post? He presented someone else's deck from memory, it's not an exact list. GOD you're stupid...

Anyways, I think that's pretty standard for the MGA hastey deck. Just the red splash is different. I still think it's a bad deck, but that's probably because I use Martyr in T2. Aggro doesn't really like Martyr's. Wink

And he asked for our thoughts, i gave mine, looks like you're the douche bag here. He said the manabase might be off, not the mana count. Again, you're come off as the cunt. Well e-rage on retard. Don't bother posting anything furthur, i wont be checking this post again, last word.
BusDriver

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this deck can have a fast kill but alot of things disturb it,
Boros or any red based aggro can kill ur creatures that matter at a low cost
control generally has enough removal
all the haste makes wrath of god less good, but not all those creatures are great. The drake for example is not something u wanna pay echo for but sometimes he is just G:2 dmg to target opponent, which is weak.
Once all ur creatures are dead, alot of the cards you will be drawing are crap, Bop/elves/growth/frenzie/lands, that's a huge part of ur deck. 2 removal spells and a wrath in the first 5 turns are probaly enough for a control deck to take the game home.
MGA is not a bad deck, but not top. This version is diffrent, sometimes faster, but also more inconsistent. And in ur example he got the nut draw, and u still could have beat it with more removal, after all u only played 1 wrath of god.
But I agree with u that the haste really helps against wrath. Having a creature killed that dealed 5 damage before is not bad at all.
Ggerg

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you people who get beastly cuz some random tard u don't even know tells u what they think are funny.

keep making my day.
SpareSocks

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you're dumb i hate you.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1