Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

where does the term "Urzatron" come from?

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> General Magic-League Issues

Will you be happy to see Tron leave in 10th?
Yes
82%
 82%  [ 23 ]
No
17%
 17%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 28

Teknolink
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 2:21 pm    Post subject: Re: where does the term "Urzatron" come from? Reply with quote

Russell_Nash wrote:
Got in a discussion with some peeps couple FNMs ago about where the term "Urzatron" came from in describing tower/power plant/mine. Obviously the Urza is from the character in the story but we couldn’t put our finger on the tron. I always figured tron was some variant of the number 3 in some language(I assumed Latin), while others where trying to piece it together with the film by the same name. I don’t think anyone in the discussion followed the mtg mythos too closely, maybe its from there?

Does anyone have any insight into this?

Google for Voltron, and then you know. Wink
R3wind

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Umm wow you are both really wrong... Google Tron Movie

I you guys call me a n00b.
R3wind

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The term Tron is from the High Tech fell of the movie. Uzra and Mishra are both very "techy" Planeswalkers. So that is the corralation of the two. If memory servers me right, it was USA players that coined the term back when AQ came out. (first printing of TRON). If you have seen the movie then you will understand alot better. FYI TRON is the best movie that Disney has ever done IMHO. A lot of the things that we see today were "fortold" in TRON. So go out and buy the movie. It is worth the money for sure.

TRON-package on the other hand sucks in most decks. and peeps just play it to play it. I would like to see Cloudpost come into 10th ED. That is much beter then TRON.
NahHolmes

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No it came from Voltron. Voltron gets powerful when all his parts come together same with Urza lands, it has nothing to do with the movie TRON.
MTGmanLA

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly It doesnt matter where the 'tron' came from..I just dont want it to leave..It took me forever to get these suckas back and I dont want them to become obsolete Sad
TD

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, the term in fact is a pun on Voltron; you put all the pieces together and get a much better thing. It is not a reference to the movie Tron which, while definitive, is not related to this. It is a funny term, and a lot of people don't know/remember its origins because they are new or simply never bothered to figure it out.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> General Magic-League Issues All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1