Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Life and Limb + Bramble Elemental



 
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Magic Rulings
Author Message
Flamancipatr



Joined: 25 Oct 2006
Posts: 24

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 4:12 am    Post subject: Life and Limb + Bramble Elemental Reply with quote

This ruling is very important to a certain combo I want to play, I know creatures have summoning sickness and can't use abilities or attack the turn they come down, but in this case, can the Forest-Saprolings created by Bramble Elemental tap for one green mana the turn they are created? What exactly are the characteristics of these crazy land-creatures Surprised ?

Thank you in advance.
Back to top
Spartan-420



Joined: 29 Jan 2007
Posts: 40

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Creature may not use activation costs requiring them to TAP, so no you may not use the tokens created by Bramble Elemental the turn they come into play under your control.
Back to top
Thorns



Joined: 16 Aug 2006
Posts: 863
Location: Rath

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spartan-420 wrote:
Creature may not use activation costs requiring them to TAP, so no you may not use the tokens created by Bramble Elemental the turn they come into play under your control.

But lands can and Life and Limb makes them into Forests... Very confusing indeed Confused
Back to top
jheezy



Joined: 30 May 2006
Posts: 167

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thorns wrote:
Spartan-420 wrote:
Creature may not use activation costs requiring them to TAP, so no you may not use the tokens created by Bramble Elemental the turn they come into play under your control.

But lands can and Life and Limb makes them into Forests... Very confusing indeed Confused


but the lands were already in play :O
Back to top
kfcman



Joined: 16 Sep 2006
Posts: 733

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GnikXela wrote:
they can still be tapped for mana with the land ability because they are still lands.

Exactly, because lands are unaffected by summoning sickness. For example, if you play a Mishra's factory and turn it into a 2/2 you can still tap it for mana because it is still a land.
Back to top
Eliminator
Level 3 Judge


Joined: 03 Sep 2004
Posts: 65

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WRONG.

All permanents have summoning sickness. Only creatures are affected by them. Your land-creatures are summoning sick and are affected by it.
Back to top
theTJtrooper



Joined: 29 Sep 2005
Posts: 119

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

* Forests that come into play while Life and Limb is in play will come into play as creatures. They'll have summoning sickness.

* Saprolings that are in play while Life and Limb is in play have the ability "{T}: Add {G} to your mana pool." Although they're Forests, they are not basic lands.


Your saprolings become elves basically.
Back to top
TD



Joined: 19 Jul 2006
Posts: 110

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kfcman wrote:

Exactly, because lands are unaffected by summoning sickness. For example, if you play a Mishra's factory and turn it into a 2/2 you can still tap it for mana because it is still a land.


You're wrong. If you turn a Mishra's Factory into a 2/2, you can't use any of its tap abilities if it hasn't been in play continously since the beginning of your last turn.
Back to top
Flamancipatr



Joined: 25 Oct 2006
Posts: 24

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So with Life and Limb in play, any land you play on any given turn will not be able to tap for mana the turn it comes down?

No wonder this card's going for 30 cents on most websites Rolling Eyes

So much for my combo.

(would have been Bramble Elemental + Life and Limb + Gatherer of Graces + Rancor = infinite mana and creatures... if those saproling-forests didn't have summoning sickness)
Back to top
TD



Joined: 19 Jul 2006
Posts: 110

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flamancipatr wrote:
So with Life and Limb in play, any land you play on any given turn will not be able to tap for mana the turn it comes down?

No wonder this card's going for 30 cents on most websites Rolling Eyes


Indeed. There is a reason it sucks. Though it certainly doesn't help that it also means that Wrath of God also acts as a one sided armageddon as well.
Back to top
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Magic Rulings All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All content on this page may not be reproduced without consent of Magic-League Directors.
Magic the Gathering is TM and copyright Wizards of the Coast, Inc, a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc. All rights reserved.


About Us | Contact Us | Privacy Policy