Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Funny Moments in Personal Magic History

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Non-Magic
Morpheus2222

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 7:50 pm    Post subject: Funny Moments in Personal Magic History Reply with quote

I wanted to make this forum so people could share some truly outrageous moments In your brief Magic "career" some exaples for me are:

-Playing Magic Online Winning a game shouting because I won and when my mother came into the room (I thought the door was locked) I was caught MAsterbating Embarassed Twisted Evil

-I have also played magic in a funeral home
-Played MAgic in a Womens Restroom Rolling Eyes

Please feel free to post funny situations Down below have fun Very Happy
Bigshow

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i've played mtg while baiting, and won, i was also called for stalling just b4 i was goin to "unload"
Spyx

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this guy once FoW'ed my gerrard's verdict
yavin1

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it was so late in the game once i was paying FoWs mana cost =(
KeySam

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was playing vs a friend of mine and we played with UG. I played with
Miss Demeanor and i was controlling him all the time. And i loved too Komplement him in his turns every time of course in an sarcastic way Wink
GilardiNo

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One time a guy countered my Ancestrall Recall with FoW rfg Misdirection Shocked

My opp has a Ronom Unicorn in play. What is my play?? Play CoP:Red and try to Fetters his Unicorn Smile Worst Play Ever.

In a real tourney years ago me and my opp get Deck Check just like 40 minutes. Shocked When we start to play he won game one and he restart normally g2. Time was called and we ask if we have extra turns? Judge said no cuz we get Deck Check. I ask: So if the deck check tooked 50 minutes we dont play?? Right he said. Confused LOL

I was playin B/W Discard and my opp call me n00b and disconnect cuz i was trying to put cards in bottom from different GY = Jotun Grunt ability. Smile

One time my MWS gives me the only three lands i have in deck in the oppening hand. I was playing 3-Land Belcher.

This situation was funny: I was playing in a Ext mini with Solution against TEPS. I lost g1 and choose to play. I play a fetch and pass.
My opp in first turn plays is whole land and make a storm 9 Desire Smile
I sac the fetch, Island in play Stifle to storm. He said ok and shuffle his deck and reveals Cabal Ritual. Mana in pool and he reveals the last fucking card in his hand: Tendrills of Corruption GG.

Srry my bad english.
sc4rs

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Controlling the entire game and never letting my opponent reach more than 4 lands with Eminent Domain, then killing him with 20 points of damage from Spectral Searchlight.
Eldar

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was once playing a u/g madness deck is legacy (don't ask why) and hard casted 2 roar of the wurm and one flashback, 2 arrogant wurm, a circular logic and a force of will over the course of the game. Last time I checked that wasn't supposed to happen.
Magx

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm playing Miracle Grow in old extended (ahhh, the old days) and the tournament before, I was searching a solution to beat my biggest problem, pernicious deed (and I did, it was Bind and everyone told me that "it sucked"). So, I put that in my sideboard and I go to the tournament.

I win a lot of games and at one point, I'm playing against the best player (who thinks I'm a scrub... wich I'm not, I just think differently). I win game 1 and it's pretty tie, he wins game 2 and was pretty tie and now it's game 3 and it IS pretty tie.. So tie, that the move that I was about to do (or not lol.. bluff) would decide if I win or if he win...

(He was playing a weird deck with attacking lands ( Faerie Conclave and such with deed, so he wipes the board and attacks withh his lands). )

So, he is tapped out (he attacked with all last turn thinking he would win next turn). I attack and he activates the deed, tending his hand towards me (without letting me do a response) for shaking saying "good game". I said : "wait, I have a response", I tap calmly my two lands, and show him "bind". he looks at me, in TOTAL DISBELIEF, going and shouting at everyone at almost all the tables " I lost because of that sucky card "Bind" !!! , wtf" ... for my part I was laughing...

and next tourney, almost everyone running green, were running Bind in their sideboard.. wait ! I thought it sucked !
sc4rs

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Russell_Nash wrote:
Also, winning dissension release, getting half a box and opening 3 packs in a row with only 14 cards in them (no rares).

Ugh, that sucks. Glad that's never happened to me...some kind of defect w/ the packs? That's really weird.
Roar

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In a real life game, I pwned my opponent in the following way.

He was playing Scepter Chant, I was playing UG Madness. We tied the first two and went into the final game. It took him like 5 minutes to think whether to keep his hand or not, then he finally kpt and opened with chrome mox, chrome mox, land, morph. In my turn, I played oxidize on one of his moxes because I couldn't let him turn his exalted angel face up. On his turn, he obv. played a land and another morph! I desperately needed to draw samething. Off the top of my deck came.... Engineered Explosives! So I played my third land and destroyed his two morphs and the mox. All he did after was play lands and I easily won with a wild mongrel.

Engineered Explosives = good vs. exalted angels.

Ah, and once I won a Library of Alexandria in an 11 man event. The participation fee was around 10 €.
Wurst

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Back when Saga Block was T@ legal, I decked a guy playing Replenish. I was playing RDW. I can't remeber exactly how it happened, but I know he had a CoP:Red and couldn't seem to find an opalesence.
Eliminator
Level 3 Judge

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I seem to recall two legendary games against Fayul, both of which she did the J-O-B:

1) Back when Kamigawa was brand new, I made a crappy R/U counterburn with Kumano, and she had White Weenie. Anyway, I had a Meloku and Kumano on the board, with Illusions chumping an extremely equipped Auriok Champion, but she had resolved a Worship, meaning my only hope of winning was to deck her. However, her only hope of winning was to resolve a Sword of Fire and Ice. The game lasted 111 turns, with me Hindering my own spells to ensure that she would deck first. On her final turn before decking, she had 23 mana out, and I had 21 mana out. I have a Condescend in hand, and she'll be drawing her final Sword of Fire and Ice.

Fayul: Sword of Fire and Ice?
(In my head, I go "oh crap" because I don't think I can counter it. But I see the Condescend in my hand...)
Me: Condescend it for 20.
Fayul happily pays 20 and realizes she can't equip the Sword.

2) Fayul is playing Firemane, and I'm playing Sizzetron. In this game, Fayul goes up to 64 life with Firemanes, and threatens to deck me, but I eventually gain control with Demonfire, Keiga, and Triple S and win the game.
jmanh2ko

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

at a side draft at pt columbus in 04, i was palying in a side draft against some guy from germany. at some point he dropped a keiga, and i only had a bounce spell in my hand. being at 5, i bounced it and hoped for something good, i top decked a discard spell, made him discard the keiga, and next turn, i top deck my own keiga, and bash with it a enough times to win.
Rawrer

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

non-magic forum is non magic
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Non-Magic All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3