Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

RUB GLIMPSE

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
killsRus

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 4:39 am    Post subject: RUB GLIMPSE Reply with quote

lands: 22

watery grave- 4
steam vents- 4
underground river- 4
urza's factory- 1
island- 6
swamp- 3

spells:

glimpse the unthinkable- 4
exhaustion- 4
gigadrowse- 4
damnation- 4
howling mine- 4
remand- 4
muddle the mixture- 4
extirpate- 3
spell sanre- 2

creatures: 5

izzet guildmage- 3
circu, dimir lobotomist- 2
Daveslusher

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mill is bad.
Apos

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daveslusher wrote:
Mill is bad.

agreed!
Revik

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you probably built that deck in 3 minutes tops and posted it in here so people might think you're good at deckbuilding. sorry, but mill is for scrubs unless done right (and the right way isnt how you did it).

EDIT: maybe you meant scrub glimpse instead of RUB glimpse?

Last edited by Revik on Thu Feb 08, 2007 1:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
killsRus

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

really? well revik i got a word for you, fuck u!
Eldar

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree this deck is bad but seeing as everyone else is just flaming it any not suggesting how to make it better I will at least mention that you need traumatize in this deck. Last time I checked it milled half their deck and here I thought that was a good thing *shrugs*.
IberianWolf

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hm, you've got red splashed just for the guildmage's ability? i don't think it's worth it. (and yes, I know why you'd want it)

3 extirpate's main is stupid too, even in a mill deck. 2 main 2 sb at max. induce paranoia would be cool here.

4 howling mine, 4 damnation, 4 exhaustion MD? dude, you're running UB mill, where the hell is your card advantage?

this deck needs a whole hospital.
sc4rs

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

killsRus wrote:
really? well revik i got a word for you, fuck u!

That's two words.

And, unfortunately, there are tons of other Mill decks posted in these forums. Yours is neither original nor good. Go look at the other forums to see how close (or not) they came to being competitive.
Jacois

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You see, the problem with mill decks (made by people who don't know how to make mill decks) is that they put in the cards that mill QUICKLY. That's the problem.

Mill decks (winning mill decks) have traditionally been U/W Control decks with 1 Mill Stone for the kill. The only UW Mill decks to use Howling Mine also ran a set of Stasis (Which there is no replacement for). So, I guess I'll think up some random Mill deck for ya.....

Watery Grave x 4
Underground River x 4
Desert x 3
Urza's Factory x 1
Duskmantle, House of Shadow x 2
Swamp x 5
Island x 5

Dimir Signet x 4
Think Twice x 4
Mana Leak x 4
Dismal Failure x 3
Rewind x 2
Spell Snare x 4
Remand x 4
Damnation x 4
Icy Manipulator x 3
Muse Vessel x 1
Clutch of the Undercity x 3

There ya go. Pretty lame, sure, but I bet it wins more then if it had 4 Glimpse the Unthinkable and 4 Traumatizes added to it. Bare in mind, this took me 6 minutes, but it is a more decent framework to build a T2 mill deck around in UB. The optimal build is probably UW or UWB. Who knows....
metzel_usa

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well the only deck that can really abuse Howling Mine is a deck with Walk the Aeons...instead of going for mill how about you let them play 5 or 6 turns then you gold fish the rest of the game?? I am working on a list on MODO beta testing ill post a list a little bit later but mill has no chance...if you want to use howling mine use it with exhaustion/recollect/reclaim/walk the aeons to get the best use out of it...ill post a list in a couple of hours when i dont feel really lazy
sonicqaz

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been playing the Dralnu du Louvre deck with one Szadek mb over Skeletal Vampire, and 2 Glimpses over the mb cremate and last gasp. It also has one Duskmantle in place of an island. The deck plays almost exactly the same, and it's a good idea to run this version over the normal Dralnu version if your meta has a ton of lifegain. The nature of Dralnu decks is to get to the long game as it is, so two swings with Dralnu can win a match a lot of the times, and three swings is a guarenteed win. I also play 1 Extirpate mb so I can Mystical Teachings for it.

Normal Dralnu is better in a normal Meta though, but not by a lot.
DRINKALCOHOL

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this is a pile

Edit: DRINKALCOHOL 3, M-L Forums 0
IberianWolf

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

szadek is a powerful weapon when used properly.

what do you guys think of a WUb urza-mill? might be doable.
Jacois

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Szadek is powerful when used properly? What, you mean casting it and turning it sideways? No, it's not powerful at all. It's a big, dumb, overcosted, lame creature that would be replaced by Tidespout Tyrant by anyone with half a brain.
Samyueru

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or a decent creature instead of the Tyrant?
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2