Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Solar Flare after PC

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
getmatt201

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 1:01 pm    Post subject: Solar Flare after PC Reply with quote

I know this deck is supposed to suck because of all the graveyard hate (dam u extirpate) but I really don't have the money to change it that much. I was wondering if anyone could give me some ideas on how to change my deck to make it somewhat decent.

deck Cost: $254.00*=
Sideboard Cost: $8.93*= LOTS OF TRADING!
Total Cost: $262.93*=

Creatures
2 Akroma, Angel of Wrath
2 Angel of Despair
4 Court Hussar
2 Haakon, Stromgald Scourge
1 Skeletal Vampire

Spells
3 Compulsive Research
1 Condemn
3 Dread Return
3 Mortify
2 Persecute
4 Smallpox
4 Wrath of God

Enchantments
1 Peace of Mind

Artifacts
3 Orzhov Signet
1 Phyrexian Totem

Lands
1 Dimir Aqueduct
4 Flagstones of Trokair
1 Gemstone Mine
4 Godless Shrine
2 Hallowed Fountain
1 Island
1 Orzhov Basilica
1 Plains
1 Prahv, Spires of Order
2 Swamp
2 Urza's Factory
4 Watery Grave

Sideboard (15 cards)
1 Haakon, Stromgald Scourge
1 Condemn
2 Deathmark
2 Nightmare Void
3 Shadow of Doubt
3 Circle of Protection: Red
2 Faith's Fetters
1 Peace of Mind
Dublin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you given any thought to the financially friendly, yet janky... willbender out of the sb? You can bend extirpate, yet saving your threats while messing around with their graveyard.

Rulings/Information regarding Morph vs. Split Second can be found here... http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=magic/rules/tsp
getmatt201

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 2:06 pm    Post subject: I never thought of that Reply with quote

That was a very good idea that I would have never thought of. Thanks. What would I take out though. and I was thinking of the res spells that I could use like zobify and ressurection to get around extirpate but then i wouldn't get flashback and I use it more often then u would think.
Jacois

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You see, the thing about Solar Flare, is that the only reason it's dead is because no one is using it. The deck is fine, and don't worry about Extripate.

Of course, if you do fear Extripate, just replace 2 Dread Returns with 1 Zombify, and 1 Resurrection. Maybe even replace 1 of the Akroma's for a Sengir Nosferatu or something. 2 Wrath of Gods for 2 Damnations. There ya go. Now 1 Extripate can't hurt you any more then a single counterspell would, and counterspells never killed Solar Flare anyways.
Jacois

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You see, the thing about Solar Flare, is that the only reason it's dead is because no one is using it. The deck is fine, and don't worry about Extripate.

Of course, if you do fear Extripate, just replace 2 Dread Returns with 1 Zombify, and 1 Resurrection. Maybe even replace 1 of the Akroma's for a Sengir Nosferatu or something. 2 Wrath of Gods for 2 Damnations. There ya go. Now 1 Extripate can't hurt you any more then a single counterspell would, and counterspells never killed Solar Flare anyways.
papasmurf

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This deck as I've been playing it can use just random 1-ofs to get aroung extripate.
Try the interesting aeon chronicler or a debtor's knell as 1-ofs. Also your signet base seems less than it should be try using 1 azoriuos, 2 dimir. Cut the mortify for them. Also you only need 2 dread return; for that slot a fourth compulsive research is essential.

As for your lands, 1 urza's factory is all you need and you really look low on white so another hallowed fountain. Extripate should really only remove 1-2 win conditions or haakon which is fine. Good Luck.
R3wind

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dublin wrote:
Have you given any thought to the financially friendly, yet janky... willbender out of the sb? You can bend extirpate, yet saving your threats while messing around with their graveyard.

Rulings/Information regarding Morph vs. Split Second can be found here... http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=magic/rules/tsp

That makes me want to add a fouth color to my deck that is so hot. J/K but no really that is good to hear. Looks like Willbender is a 3-4 on the board for Draw-Go style decks. I think that you should work in one or two on the board. It is also great vs BDW...
aldaryn

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

willbender also gives you an out against demonfire that is hellbent. Good card.

Solar Flare is still very strong...I'm still thinking Solar Pox is better....even with Extirpate around. I think you will only see Extirpate in metagames with Martyrtron, though. And Martyrtron just shouldn't exist, period. Stupid deck.
toguppy

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

willbenders a fantastic idea but the main problem i can see is that louvre will beat this most of the time due to its counterspells and u having very few relevant threats. haakon aint that great vs a 3/4. id personally be thinking of maybe running extirpates yourself in sb as it does give u game vs random decks such as martyrtron and reanimation decks. not to mention will nab the odd critter in the mirror.

willbender provides you with extra beats aswell as another critter to sac to the returns.

play 4 in sb id say as you can generally always bring em in Razz my favourite play with them so far is if you have 1 out play 1 spell then after they counter on the stack play another one and then when they try to counter that counter their own counterspells and you get 2 threats down Razz
id personally be cutting the deathmarks and the peace of minds and be tempted to remove voids aswell. sudden death>---louvre
imps mischief>----LD
persecute>----void

those aremy thoughts anyways.
jheezy

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

willbenders are teh sex in sb. plus u prolly dont have to worry bout extirpate soon becuz they're goin rly high
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1