Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Making U/B Mill Control, need suggestions.

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
sc4rs

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, if you want to use the Reality Acid/Curio combo...

Acid+Curio+Mill=Fun!.dec

4 Annex
2 Dream Leash
4 Dimir Signet
4 Cloudstone Curio
4 Reality Acid
2 Confiscate
3 Copy Enchantment
4 Glimpse the Unthinkable
4 Damnation
2 Traumatize
4 Remand

23 lands (4 Watery Grave, 4 Underground River, 1 Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth, 2 Dimir Aqueduct, swamps and islands)

The basic idea is to use the Reality Acid + Cloudstone Curio and keep playing enchantments to steal their permanents, returning Reality Acid to kill more permanents, and generally depriving them of a board. While doing so, you should be getting extra lands with the Annex and sometimes with Dream Leash or Copy Enchantment or Confiscate, so you'll be able to cast Traumatize a lot easier with all the mana you have. At least it's a start?
Apos

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mill sux forget about it even if it gets viable one crappy day
all u need is 1-2 Gaea's Blessing
Apos

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MauJustice wrote:
"Milling really doesn't have to be the KO, rather just a setup. I like the idea of Glimpse/Extirpate" (Taken from the first post)

hahhaa what so u mill and then finish with sumthing else ? good joke u setup with 1 or 2 glimps and a traumatize to kill ur oppennt with 1/3? Very Happy hahaha all u do is setup for a lost

edit: even slivers are better then mill
id rather play aurochs or thalids
since there are like double as good as mill
aggroking

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 1:33 am    Post subject: Re: Making U/B Mill Control, need suggestions. Reply with quote

MauJustice wrote:
Hi guys,

I've been working on U/B Mill control. I love the idea and Glimpse the Unthinkable has such an appeal to me. 2 Mana for 10 cards. The problem is really, either Win conditions and consistency. Milling really doesn't have to be the KO, rather just a setup. I like the idea of Glimpse/Extirpate but I'm not a huge fan of mainboarding Extirpate.

And it's a choice of what direction to go. Discard/Counter/Bounce. I've played Too much Teferri, I'm bored of him, I don't want to go that win route. PC is fine, All suggestions I'm open to.

Traumatize (The cost is the killer, and it's not that great unless it's the first spell before the glimpses.)

Tunnel Vision (Doesn't seem like much, but if a Glimpse hits 2 or 3 of the same card it's a safe bet to guess the missing one. Potential to take out 20-30 cards if you're lucky. Dunno just ideas)

If anybody has any helpful builds or ideas let me know, see if we can actually put together a decent Mill/Control-type deck. Remember Milling doesn't really have to be the aim or the ko.

P.S Anyone seen that Reality Acid, Curio combo. Man that's a house.

you need howling mine and exhasution in mill decks
DoK

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1 Urza's Factory
1 Duskmantle, House of Shadow
5 Island
1 Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth
4 Desert
1 Academy Ruins
1 Dreadship Reef
2 Dimir Aqueduct
4 Watery Grave
4 Underground River
3 Rewind
4 Think Twice
3 Spell Snare
3 Mana Leak
3 Repeal
4 Remand
1 Millstone
3 Jester's Scepter
2 Sudden Death
2 Last Gasp
4 Damnation
4 Glimpse the Unthinkable
SB: 3 Extirpate
SB: 3 Commandeer
SB: 3 Flashfreeze
SB: 3 Deathmark
SB: 2 Muse Vessel
SB: 1 Academy Ruins
dg01

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

need leyline of the void 4x in SB...or Gaea's blessing means you are a bye,or dredge.dec putting a 2 turn clock on you and such.Will also majorly screw some(lot) decks just by being there,expecially turn 0
Apos

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

anyway post ur crappy mill decks in the ill post my crappy milldeck topic Razz
but just a tip u dont want to scoop to any aggro or any preconstruckted deck lol then play martyr tron + mill and Psychic Drain then u maybe win against thalids or arouchs Very Happy
JarheadL337

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

milling decks are really fun to play. i have one made if you want.. i suggest adding jester's scepter 3 colorless mana for an easy 5 cards, i mean even if the cards you get suck, they are 5 less cards off, very good when you out of glimpses
SpareSocks

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're dumb i hate you.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2