Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Locket of the Aeons Improvement.

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
NahHolmes

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Am I missing something? Wheres the win condition?
thedarkness

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sorry, that's not a deck.

No Recollect.
No Reclaim.
No WIN CONDITION.

Sorry, doesn't seem good to me at all. Stick with the traditional build that actually wins sometimes.
Teknolink
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Win condition: Blessing
thedarkness

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, how does shuffling six cards into your opponent's library win you the game?
nasa

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it takes infinite turns over and over with blessing aeons, but sadly, this fellow did forget that just taking a bunch of turns doesnt win the game,
i suggest the URG version with the UR/UG split card, so there you put your blessings and such also you can put a SSS in the sideboard for that, ive also seen teferi as a good win condition, bc its a lock since they never have another turn
also this deck needs remand.

-1 walk
-1 careful
-1 whisper
-2 gaea's blessing
-2 repeal

+4 remand
+3 research/development

with R splashed you get card draw/possible kill with the split card

so your s/b would look like
1 walk
1 whisper
2 blessing
1 teferi
10 other cards.

this deck is alright can be annoying, but has a real hard time against aggro tbh.
NahHolmes

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess he's counting on the opponent scooping when he takes the same turn 20 times in a row.
Joofsh

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excuse my ignorance but could someone explain exactly how you endlessly play Aeons? I can see how it would only cost you 2 mana a turn to play, but for blessings to endlessly get you back aeons? Thats where I am confused, the only way I see that working is if you had exactly 2 cards in library.
dlab

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

funny how manny poor replies, from people who think they r so pro, we got here.
Maximilian Bracht played several tourneys with this deck and a PTQ.
this is an article from him about the deck, sadly its in german, but for those who like and r able to read it:

http://www.planetmtg.de/articles/artikel.html?id=2546
MW|Core

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the deck wins by decking the opponent
go figure Shocked
center
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys dont rember this deck? Compulsvie Reasearch+Carefull Consideration ftw. I believe Randy Buheler even wrote about how that making compulsive and carefull target player might have been a mistake.
NahHolmes

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok I see it now, it's just the most god-aweful deck/win condition ever.
nasa

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yea i think teferi is a better wincondition
NahHolmes

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Censorship wrote:
People who disregard the deck without having ever seen it, played against it or tested it are speaking from the mouth of idiocy. I do not exaggerate when I say the deck is nothing short of elegance in motion. In fact, when I was working states in Madison, WI, a locket deck came a within hair's breadth of Top 8. The deck is not bad nor is the win condition unrelastic.

Example: On one turn I saw a locket deck draw 9 cards with Whispers of the Muse. They had 2 lockets in play and 3 whispers in their yard.

Another time, I watched the deck during the physical lock where it repeatedly cycled through Walk the Aeons, Gaes Blessing and a draw spell.

That said, the deck has its problems. For one, it's far too slow. The deck needs close to 10 turns to finally get a lock, and that's being generous. Otherwise, it needs to consistently draw counters, gigadrowse and (especially) exhaustion.

Second, it is very possible to just stall out with this deck. Get a grouping of four or five lands and it won't matter how much you draw off your whipsers-locket engine. You basically gave your opponent a time walk that turn.

Third, the deck is reactive rather than proactive. Like most combo decks, this build tends to play more with itself than anything else. When creatures do hit play, the deck has to hope for the right answer or things go bad very quickly. Untargetable creatures (like giant solifuge) or one shot creatures (like groundbreaker) are a nightmare for this deck. Decks with early offense are also a problem depending on your draw. In fact, the deck that almost T'8ed ran 4 deserts not because they were helpful, but because they were absoluetly necessary.

Being honest, I'd rate this deck somewhere in the Tier 1.5 to 2 category. While extremely beautiful to watch, it simply lacks the stopping power against most agro matches and can stall on its own depending on its draws. It also didn't great a deal of help of Planar Chaos which just made things more difficult with the printing of Extripate.

Not saying anyone should give up on the deck, but it will need a serious retooling (possibly Counterbalance?) in order to survive the meta.

1: You say I'm an idiot for saying this deck sucks, then you say it needs 10 turns to get a lock where its "control" amounts to Repeal, Exhaustion and Gigadrowse (sounds like my favorite kind of combo deck) and it needs to draw counterspells (which seem to not be in the deck).
2: Extripate is GG in all possible ways for this deck and there is like zero you can do about it.
3: Seems like it scoops to every aggro deck out there.
4: If theres another "sweet" version of this deck out there w/e, as for the list I see it blows to an unstopable degree.
Noob3

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this deck idea is the sex, reminding me of oldschool Tempest/Urza T2 where Oath decks would take infinite turns until they beat ur face down with a morphling

Adding Teferi would be great, IMHO. He is a beater.
GP

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i havent see any improve with pc to this deck.
when u have an empty libray , 1 wispers in hand, some lockets in play and 1 blessing in hand its gg Very Happy u only need 1 gigadrowse main deck and telling time is very good. vs aggro u need topdeck exaustion , repeals and gigadrowse but krakens eye helps a lot in sb replicating gigadrowse for life advantage. If all gaeas blessing that is the green card splash color hits ur grave u can concede. its a little bit hard to win with this deck only by deck libray out ur oppo but its also hilarious. Very Happy

sorry about the english hope had help
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3