Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Check out this hotness

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
Errect

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 1:50 am    Post subject: Check out this hotness Reply with quote

Life of Yawgmoth.dec (you come up with a better name noob)

4x Overgrown Tomb
9x Forest
7x Swamp
2x Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth

4x Thelonit Hermit
4x Elves of Deep Shadow
4x Bop
4x Dark Heart Sliver
4x Hypnotic Specter

4x Tendrils of Corruption
3x Life and Limb
4x Extirpate
3x Persecute
4x Phyrexian Arena

Help me tweak it and Ill mention you when I when worlds 2007 with it.
sonicqaz

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You mean when you play your Life and Limb, next turn they play Damnation and you are left with a swamp and a Birds?

Yea, I heard that was on the road to world's, right next to Demonfiring yourself for 20.
Errect

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jur just jealous dood. This is a leet deck. Life and limb is teh awesome.
Spyx

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dark confdant>>>arena
iKe

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blanchwood Armor Fits well in this deck
thedarkness

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 4:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Win worlds huh. Sorry, but it looks to me like you'd have trouble winning a mini on magic-league. 22 lands, 8 mana accel, 0 LAND accel to help the tendrils or life and limb, one (mediocre) win condition, maindeck Extirpates, and DARK HEART SLIVER?

And it could just be me, but doesn't one Wrath effect shaft your entire deck? Your only hope vs virtually anything white or black is really Persecute, because Specter will die or be incapacitated vs black or white. And even then, Persecute seems pretty weak to me in your deck.

I have no suggestions, and am only flaming because you seem to have an unjustifiable superiority complex.

And Birds of Paradise, Hyppie, and probably Persecute won't be legal anymore by Worlds 2007, for the record.
Spyx

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

birds isnt going to be reprinted? Shocked
thedarkness

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ravnica is the last set that will have Birds. Wizards said so.
Apos

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

who needs birds anyway?
Arathomir

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 9:36 am    Post subject: Re: Check out this hotness Reply with quote

First of all, its far too early to make any claims that a deck will win Worlds, especially when several of the cards key to the format will no longer be in the format.

Second, several of the cards in the deck are just plain poor. Dark Heart Sliver is terrible and lifegain of that sort is never good. You obvious saw the card posted as a 3/3 for BG and never saw it fixed. Tendrils of Corruption is bad since it only targets creatures, unlike Consume Spirit. Life and Limb is not constucted worthy at all as any sort of Wrath effect destroys your manabase. Extirpate belongs in the sideboard, as several decks aren't as reliant on graveyard effects and putting it in the main makes your deck worse game 1 against those decks.

Then next thing I suggest is do a little grammar (and spelling check) as well as an attitude check.

Errect wrote:
Life of Yawgmoth.dec (you come up with a better name noob)

Help me tweak it and Ill mention you when I when worlds 2007 with it.

First of all, you shouldn't be calling people a "noob" when you're pretty much one yourself (you joined in the last month). Second, Its ..."when I WIN..."

Continuing on...

Errect wrote:

Its spelled "Your", spelled "dude", and this is not an AIM chatroom. I'm surprised you didn't toss anything like "h4x0r" in. It is not a "leet" deck and Life and Limb is not "teh awesome".

As for suggestions, if you want some form of drain spell, run Consume Spirit. Also add some DECENT removal, like Putrefy and Sudden Death or Last Gasp.

As for Confidant vs. Arena, it depends on the direction you want to go. If you go more aggro, play Confidant. If you want to go more control-ish, play Arena.
nasa

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

omg with a cool name like errect, you have to be completely pwning all n00bs

what a lame.
coolcreep

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you guys seem to forget that this deck has the best turn 1 play of any standard deck so far. That is, naturally, turn 1 tomb of yawgmoth, tap for black and.....burn for 1. your opponent will be so shocked he will scoop up his cards in confusion.
TofuBoy

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 2:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Check out this hotness Reply with quote

Arathomir wrote:
Errect wrote:

Its spelled "Your", spelled "dude", and this is not an AIM chatroom. I'm surprised you didn't toss anything like "h4x0r" in. It is not a "leet" deck and Life and Limb is not "teh awesome".

Actually, in this sentence it's spelled "You're." The contracted form of "You are"
Manipulation

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations, an entire 37 cards in your sideboardless deck are guaranteed to be Standard legal by the time its Worlds '07. Boo, 16 are almost guaranteed not to be.

Also, you sure know how to make friends here don't you. Trying to live up to the greats, like Launamleto and theboomshite?
poopascoopa

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know what the hell you're smoking, but this deck is absolutely terrible.

I could throw 500 random commons on the floor and have my 9 month-old daughter pick out 37 of them, add some land and beat this deck.

Also, if you're going to come off as some sort of bad ass, at least show some deck-building skills to back it up.
All you're doing is making yourself look like an arrogant fool.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2