Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Which are the stupidity limits of players???

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> General Magic-League Issues
Deejay_archy

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 9:16 pm    Post subject: Which are the stupidity limits of players??? Reply with quote

I really had the need to make this topic, since myself and many of U have already experienced situations like the one that I'm going to tell now!
I was playing a casual game of extended, my deck was Agro Loam and so was the one's of my oponent (By the way is nick was Eternal)! And the situation was this: my oponent equipped a Llanowar Elves with a Sword of Fire and Ice and attacked, I blocked with my Wall of Roots (that had one counter, so was a 0/4) and then my oponent saied that my Wall should die because is Llanowar was a 3/3 and plus the 2 damage from the Sword's ability he would die! Until here I understood that that was just a small reading problem, when it came to the Sword's text, but then all Stupidity got loose! And the better way I have to make U understand what I mean is to post the logs, from this point one!

"It is now the Combat Phase, Declare Attackers Step
Eternal taps Llanowar Elves
Eternal taps Llanowar Elves
It is now the Combat Phase, Declare Blockers Step
<Eternal> ok
<Eternal> will sword it
Eternal draws a card
It is now the Postcombat Main Phase
<Eternal> 3+2
<Archy> what?
<Eternal> dead
<Eternal> 3/3
<Eternal> sword ability
<Eternal> splaty
<Archy> what?
<Archy> are u crazy
<Eternal> please read sword of fire and ice
Eternal duplicates Sword of Fire and Ice
<Archy> ~damage to a player
<Archy> u read
<Eternal> creature
<Eternal> or player
<Eternal> !
<Eternal> and you draw a card
<Archy> no
<Eternal> read it!
<Archy> read
<Eternal> omb
<Eternal> deals
<Eternal> 2 damage
<Eternal> to target
<Archy> before
<Eternal> creature
<Archy> read
<Eternal> or player
<Eternal> and you draw a card
<Eternal> what dont you get?
<Eternal> the wall takes 3 in combat
<Archy> deals damage to a player
<Eternal> and 2 from the sword
<Eternal> please read the card
<Eternal> omg
<Archy> stop
<Eternal> ill give you a link to the damn card?
<Archy> whenever equipped creature deals damage to a player
<Eternal> http://sales.starcitygames.com/carddisplay.php?product=27222
<Eternal> dumbass
<Archy> then it gives damage to creature or player
<Eternal> feel like a fucking noob
<Eternal> cuase you are one
<System> Player Lost"

And this is it! How is it possible for such a degree of stupidity and atitude? Not because he made the mistake of reading the text in a wrong way, but because after I told him to read it again and even transcripted part of the sword's text, he still was saying that we was right and that I was the Noob!!! Man, Eternal and a lot of other guys are the Noobs! Just lose the atitude!!! All of us are here to have fun and learn with each others.
This kind of guys should be banned and pointed to the public just in order for them to learn!
This is why I really add to make this topic... its from out of space!!!
I hope that some of U could also post stupidities like this because they are worthy of being remembered forever (and if U play with one the guys, U will now what to expect!)
Taoofss

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats pretty dumb, almost as dumb as people who have the time to capitalize "U" but dont spell out "you."
kfcman

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Taoofss wrote:
Thats pretty dumb, almost as dumb as people who have the time to capitalize "U" but dont spell out "you."

Well, U = shift + u which is 2 buttons, while, you = y + o + u which is 3 buttons. So, it's just easier to use U instead of you, and yes i know, blah blah blah laziness and such, but who cares? As long as the text is readable and understandable why does it matter if the person types you or U?
Deejay_archy

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Taoofss wrote:

It's simply the way I write in class at University... There we must write as fast as possible. Any sortcut is wellcome. And since I'm not American or English, there's always the possibility of making more mistakes then some of U!
kfcman

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deejay_archy wrote:
Taoofss wrote:

there's always the possibility of making more mistakes then some of U!

I'm not sure, but I think you have this insult a little mixed up; if it was indeed an insult. Either you were trying to say theres (not there's as there's is possesive) always the possibilty of making less mistakes, trying to say that Americans being fast paced in nature, shortcut whenever possible; or you were being totally retarded and insulted yourself. Although whichever it is, I would just like to say that i got a little chuckle out of the whole situation.
Taoofss

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kfcman wrote:
Taoofss wrote:

Well, U = shift + u which is 2 buttons, while, you = y + o + u which is 3 buttons. So, it's just easier to use U instead of you, and yes i know, blah blah blah laziness and such, but who cares? As long as the text is readable and understandable why does it matter if the person types you or U?

granted however the Y-O-U keys are next to each other, youd have to reach with the pinky for the shift key.
kfcman

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Taoofss wrote:
kfcman wrote:
Taoofss wrote:

granted however the Y-O-U keys are next to each other, youd have to reach with the pinky for the shift key.

Ahhh... that is true. Touche.
Deejay_archy

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kfcman wrote:
Deejay_archy wrote:
Taoofss wrote:

there's always the possibility of making more mistakes then some of U!

I'm not sure, but I think you have this insult a little mixed up; if it was indeed an insult. Either you were trying to say theres (not there's as there's is possesive) always the possibilty of making less mistakes, trying to say that Americans being fast paced in nature, shortcut whenever possible; or you were being totally retarded and insulted yourself. Although whichever it is, I would just like to say that i got a little chuckle out of the whole situation.

Yes, I was admiting that I make some mistakes since English is not my mother language! Just that! And in relation to the "U" is just an habit!
mickg42

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

a jss tournament in france (format type 2):

solar pox vs BDW semi final

solar pox player: small pox. it's ok?
boros player reflect a lot then says: ok
judge: hmm, you're dead. your life total is 1
solar pox player: oops, i missed that.
Deejay_archy

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

djww19 wrote:
Speaking of idiots, shouldn't it be "What" are the stupidity limits of players not "Which?" lol, just an observation.

Which are is also correct.
Magx

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deejay_archy wrote:
Taoofss wrote:

It's simply the way I write in class at University... There we must write as fast as possible. Any sortcut is wellcome. And since I'm not American or English, there's always the possibility of making more mistakes then some of U!

What kind of University is that ? the ACU ? (Ass Clown University )... I think that you are lying by telling us that you are going to university just to make yourself "more intelligent". And since you are not American or English, you should NOT have the right to make "more" mistakes than "us" ...that way, stranger would talk better and we would understand them.
Deejay_archy

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Magx wrote:
Deejay_archy wrote:
Taoofss wrote:

What kind of University is that ? the ACU ? (Ass Clown University )... I think that you are lying by telling us that you are going to university just to make yourself "more intelligent". And since you are not American or English, you should NOT have the right to make "more" mistakes than "us" ...that way, stranger would talk better and we would understand them.

Possibility does no mean right!
And yes, I'll finishing University this semester!
Taoofss

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Veto wrote:
um,what is this thread about?

it seemed to have a point when it started but then it just got stupid, attacking some guy about his internet spelling.

i mean what are we talking about here? nobody spells correctly or uses proper grammar on the internet. everybody uses stuff like U, cya,
lol, ne, etc. etc. so give it a rest.

yea but dont do it when you are trying to redicule someone for being "stupid." irony.
SteveOB

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sad on non American keyboards Im not sure Y-O-U are next to each other. Aside from his poor English I thought it was funny to read, people are awesome. Oh and in alot of schools note taking has to be quick so people shorthand it.
Jacois

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteveOB wrote:
Sad on non American keyboards Im not sure Y-O-U are next to each other. Aside from his poor English I thought it was funny to read, people are awesome. Oh and in alot of schools note taking has to be quick so people shorthand it.

Did you purposely shorthand 'a lot' to 'alot' by dismissing the spacebar? Is this really what people learn in University?
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> General Magic-League Issues All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3