Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Team ratings

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> General Magic-League Issues

Team points system should be modified?
Yes
56%
 56%  [ 14 ]
No
44%
 44%  [ 11 ]
Total Votes : 25

ivanmexican

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 6:33 pm    Post subject: Team ratings Reply with quote

Do you think that team raitings should be reseted every month or 2 to avoid that only some teams control team privileges?
I think that for new teams reach the first places is extremely difficult Crying or Very sad
and reseting all team points every period of time should guarantee that to gain team privilleges you need to play in that season, and not only accumulate past points.
whats your oppinion?
ant900

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the points are reset every so often ( I dont know how often it is)
Britsolid

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i don't know how often but 6 months or 1 year is fine.
WasD

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

current point system is okay!
Malhavoc

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've already said that I hate this team point system: those who get higher are just those who play most, not necessary those who play better and win the most. This is just silly IMHO.
DS_McWerp
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The current system favors those who paly often AND play well.

And you think a points reset would unseat -1? Have you seen who's on that team? Stryfe and Pollo. They alons out produce most other entire teams. Me 'n riqus 'n sui are ok too, but we have lives Razz.

The system works ust fine now. If your gonna express your desire to change you have to suggest some sort of improvement, not just "my team cant get enough points, help us."
RiQuSP

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 5:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The privileges we gain, are privileges we deserved...

Team -1 has the 3-4 "most-mini-making-judges" in the league and we perform wel (mostly). That's why were @ the top (since last reset, never been off rank 1)

Razz
Laplie

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 5:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tend to agree that the team system really just favors really active people, cause you don't lose any points for losing.

I could be a mediocre player and win 1 in every 5 minis, and lose round 1 in every other. If I play 10 minis a day, thats a good influx of points even though I'm really bad.
Malhavoc

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DS_McWerp wrote:

No, it favors those who play most and do not always lose. To get the point, among those who play A LOT, you are right that those who play better win. But all the others who can't/do not want to stay online a huge amount of hours each day are automatically out of the top, even if they win 100% of all their games.
Rawrer

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 7:55 am    Post subject: Re: Team ratings Reply with quote

ivanmexican wrote:
Do you think that team raitings should be reseted every month or 2 to avoid that only some teams control team privileges?
I think that for new teams reach the first places is extremely difficult Crying or Very sad
and reseting all team points every period of time should guarantee that to gain team privilleges you need to play in that season, and not only accumulate past points.
whats your oppinion?

no. New teams should adapt to the league and it's rules. Not the other way around.
Apocalypser

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Malhavoc wrote:
But all the others who can't/do not want to stay online a huge amount of hours each day are automatically out of the top, even if they win 100% of all their games.
100% True.
Rawrer

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Malhavoc wrote:
DS_McWerp wrote:

No, it favors those who play most and do not always lose. To get the point, among those who play A LOT, you are right that those who play better win. But all the others who can't/do not want to stay online a huge amount of hours each day are automatically out of the top, even if they win 100% of all their games.

...So? If you want to be the top team in the league, you'll have to devote quite some time to it, no matter what. Also, what you're saying is exaggarated - I'm sure if you win 100% of your games and don't stay online too much, you'll still be among the top team rankings.

I've seen a similar discussion about team competition/rankings with a different game, the solution was to have 2 different team ranking lists: one as we have now, which balances skilled play and playing a lot. The other ranking deducted points for lost matches, so that's solely based on skilled play.
Then, divide those 'privileges' over both ranking systems.

A loophole for this could be that some teams win 10 minis in a row, and maybe also a trial, and then don't play the other 5 months so they'll stay @ the top of the rankings the whole season.
ShaunD

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Malhavoc,
of course, the team point system is there to reward the very active players. get over it.
Haro
Level 3 Judge

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Malhavoc, what do you really expect? Do you think a team full of members that is very good but only plays 1 mini a month should be #1?

Its like everything in life, you have to be good AND active if you want to be the best.
Matticus21

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes just because you win 1 tournament, doesnt mean you are the best team at all

"the best" refers to the ppl that win and play the most with the most consistant results....ie you keep winning games, you get more points....YOU DO NOT GET POINTS FOR PLAYING IN A TOURNEY...YOU STILL HAVE TO WIN GAMES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (therefore giving themselves more of a chance to do well)

you arent the "best" if you rock-up, play a mini, and win....it happens all the time....hell ppl are winning minis while you are winning.....

im sure jon finkel, bob maher etc didnt just wake up one day, buy some magic cards, turn up to worlds and win....

they put in YEARS of hard work and effort to get to where they wanted...the top...the "best"

we all know that at the moment, the top 3 teams (full of judges) are nigh on unstoppable atm...but hey, you couldnt play a tournament and win it, IF THEY DIDNT CREATE IT FOR YOU... its called a "fringe benefit" of being a judge, for providing other ppl with fun.

not only that, from what ive seen, they are also quite good magic players...so why punish good players just because they happen to be judges, and part of the top teams....

YAY FOR YOU Malhavoc for winning a tournament....now do it again, and again, and again...and maybe youll be the best in a few months....in the meantime....

STOP WHINGING
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> General Magic-League Issues All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2